+ Reply to Thread

Default rogaine question for long time users

Whats up all,

I am currently in 4-5 month of rogaine foam. I am 23. I use it twice daily. I believe I experienced the initial shed. However as time went on, I would still shed hairs while applying it, meaning when I would look at my fingers after applying, i would see several hairs. Anywhere from like 5-10 hairs, but not everytime. Has this happened for anyone else on here, to continually see hairs on the hands this far in to the treatment?

Could this possibly be cause my hair is a little longer now? i usually keep my hair at a 2 or 3 buzz, but i haven't gotten it cut in a while. maybe cause its longer, it falls out easier. I am uncertain about this. Rogaine claims if you don't see results after 4 months, then stop using. I obviously havent gotten my hair back, but it FEELS a little bit better in the crown when I run my hands over it. I suppose it looks a little better then when I started, but that could be in my head. Maybe cause they're growing in fine and thin at first?

So I wanna find out from you guys who have success from the foam, did you really see anything amazing in terms of results at 4 months? Or did you start noticing good results past 4 months? and if so how much longer?

currently i am using the foam and nizoral, no fin yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dda View Post
    So I wanna find out from you guys who have success from the foam, did you really see anything amazing in terms of results at 4 months? Or did you start noticing good results past 4 months? and if so how much longer?
    Um... It takes about four months to find out if Rogaine (or generic Minoxidil) will work for you. The regrown hair starts out as downy peach fuzz at this point. It takes a lot longer before you will know how well Rogaine will work for you. At least 12 months.

Treating hair loss is a painfully slow process. It takes a long time. It sounds like Rogaine is working for you. Now you need to stick with it for the long haul before you will know how well it is working for you.

Using Nizoral once a week in place of your regular shampoo can help. However, over using Nizoral can make your hair loss worsen. If you are using 2% Nizoral, only use that once per week. If you are using 1% Nizoral, you can use that up to twice per week if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by dda View Post
    Whats up all,

I am currently in 4-5 month of rogaine foam. I am 23. I use it twice daily. I believe I experienced the initial shed. However as time went on, I would still shed hairs while applying it, meaning when I would look at my fingers after applying, i would see several hairs. Anywhere from like 5-10 hairs, but not everytime. Has this happened for anyone else on here, to continually see hairs on the hands this far in to the treatment?

Could this possibly be cause my hair is a little longer now? i usually keep my hair at a 2 or 3 buzz, but i haven't gotten it cut in a while. maybe cause its longer, it falls out easier. I am uncertain about this. Rogaine claims if you don't see results after 4 months, then stop using. I obviously havent gotten my hair back, but it FEELS a little bit better in the crown when I run my hands over it. I suppose it looks a little better then when I started, but that could be in my head. Maybe cause they're growing in fine and thin at first?

currently i am using the foam and nizoral, no fin yet.
    Dude! What you ar descrebing happens to me all the time! Sometimes it's like 10 hairs while applying sometimes 20, and some days i it's only around 5 hairs. I have been on rogaine for 8 month's and i would've noticed if i was getting thinner. So don't worry the med is working great! And remember you are only screwed if you are lossing 100+ hairs a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramazan View Post
    And remember you are only screwed if you are lossing 100+ hairs a day.
    It is normal to shed about 100 hairs per day, even for those who are not experiencing hair loss. It is when you are shedding significantly more than 100 hairs per day that can not associated with medical treatment for hair loss that is a sign of a problem.