+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Balding at 20

Default Balding at 20

Hi so im 20 years old and I believe im suffering from MPB and hair loss all over my body. from about 8-9 months ago. I use to have a very thik head of hair to the fact that my barber use to thin my hair when getting a cut. Basically I feel I know the reason as to why this is happening 8-9 months ago. at the time not knowing I ended up crash dieting ( very low intake) my eating was very bad and I was not having regular meals, ontop of this I had underwent some stress(however I dealt with that). I did some research and found out that when crash dieting your body goes into a "phase" and basically ur hair starts shedding everywhere (hair is protein so maybe the body needs protein). Both my parents and grandparents always had a full head of hair, my father recently started thinning at 55 and my mother has thinned from stress in her 40s. To this date i have a receeding hairline and im starting to thin on the crown. currently Im using these herbal rememdies:

http://www.absorbscience.com/products.php?pcid=3&pid=10

http://www.folica.com/hair-loss/vita...-thinning-hair (however i believe my hair is thinning more from this)

I still yet to see my dermatologist for an actual review but does this really mean that if I get back onto my normal diet I can regrow my hair? (Note: im not clearly bald anywhere just alot of thinnning)

also what else can i do to avoid this from getting worse?

First and foremost stop crash dieting. Your body needs nutrition. If you are trying to loose weight you need to know that crash diets do not work. Eating healthy, getting enough exercising and drinking enough water are the only things that work to loose weight.

With that said, you also need to know that herbal "remedies" for hair loss do not work. The only thing they do effectively is drain money from your wallet.

For the most truthful information about treating hair loss, please see the link on the right for the American Hair Loss Association. Just in case you can't see it, here is the link.

http://www.americanhairloss.org/

It won't hurt to see a dermatologist who specializes in treating hair loss. I do recommend looking for a doctor who is an IAHRS member. They will help you get on a course that can actually work.

http://www.iahrs.org/hair-transplant/

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Antibald View Post
    Hi so im 20 years old and I believe im suffering from MPB and hair loss all over my body. from about 8-9 months ago. I use to have a very thik head of hair to the fact that my barber use to thin my hair when getting a cut. Basically I feel I know the reason as to why this is happening 8-9 months ago. at the time not knowing I ended up crash dieting ( very low intake) my eating was very bad and I was not having regular meals, ontop of this I had underwent some stress(however I dealt with that). I did some research and found out that when crash dieting your body goes into a "phase" and basically ur hair starts shedding everywhere (hair is protein so maybe the body needs protein). Both my parents and grandparents always had a full head of hair, my father recently started thinning at 55 and my mother has thinned from stress in her 40s. To this date i have a receeding hairline and im starting to thin on the crown. currently Im using these herbal rememdies:

http://www.absorbscience.com/products.php?pcid=3&pid=10

http://www.folica.com/hair-loss/vita...-thinning-hair (however i believe my hair is thinning more from this)

I still yet to see my dermatologist for an actual review but does this really mean that if I get back onto my normal diet I can regrow my hair? (Note: im not clearly bald anywhere just alot of thinnning)

also what else can i do to avoid this from getting worse?
    Have You had any visible results with the first herbal pills ?
    You have some stuff in those, that I use, although in much lower concentrations. Your pill contains 50mg of sterols, including beta sitosterol, also there is saw palmetto in there etc. I currently use 480mg of beta sitosterol daily - as it is marked as one the most potent natural DHT inhibitors and plan to include ganoderma lucidum soon - ganodermic acid inhibits 5-alpha reductase enzyme and therefore DHT which is responsible for balding.

When using natural inhibitors and pills, my advice is to select individual and most potent ingredients and get those separately instead of buying mix with more ingredients but less concentrated. You should get by cheaper and if it works the results will be better.