+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Nervous about Rogaine Shed (2 Pics)

Hey all,

I am thinking about starting up with Rogaine foam but I am nervous about the shed. From what I've read it seems like it can be pretty horrible. I am 22 and have a pretty full head of hair that is longer than most guys (think jew fro but with wavy hair). However, when I pull my hair back my hairline it is evident that my hairline is thinning and has receded significantly along the temples. I also have a bald spot at the vertex that is growing larger! 2 Photos Attached

This is causing much anxiety as I have never dealt with this before, and don't want it to continue getting worse! I would really appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.jpg

Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	13169   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2.jpg

Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	13170  

i'd start with propecia.

Quote Originally Posted by mkamph View Post
    i'd start with propecia.
    why do you suggest that

rogaine is a pain in the butt to apply twice a day. all you do with propecia is pop a pill everyday. there will be some people on here who will try to scare you about the side effects, but i've used meds for over ten years and i feel great. all my friends who use it haven't had any sides either. they've all responded well.

Quote Originally Posted by mkamph View Post
    rogaine is a pain in the butt to apply twice a day. all you do with propecia is pop a pill everyday. there will be some people on here who will try to scare you about the side effects, but i've used meds for over ten years and i feel great. all my friends who use it haven't had any sides either. they've all responded well.
    dude! 10 years on fin? Are you still maintaining?

Quote Originally Posted by re_grow View Post
    why do you suggest that (ref: Propecia)
    Rogaine (or generic Minoxidil) is a growth stimulant. It stimulates hair follicles than can still grow hair to start growing hair again - but it does nothing to treat the cause of hereditary hair loss.

Propecia (or generic Finasteride) treats the cause of hereditary hair loss by blocking the formation of the hormone that causes hereditary hair loss. However, Propecia is not a growth stimulant.

You see, Rogaine and Propecia do two different things. Propecia treats the cause of hereditary hair loss. Rogaine treats the symptom of hereditary hair loss. Using these two medications together gives you the best chance of preventing further hair loss and growing back some of the hair you've lost.

I don't think it is much of a bother to use Rogain twice a day. However, Rogaine foam is much more convenient to use and it is much more stealthy than liquid Rogaine. For that reason, I use Rogaine foam in the mornings and generic liquid Minoxidil in the evenings.

you are not balding in the crown that's for sure.I can't predict the future if you will bald there.As for the hair line.I would recommend you to start propecia like half a pill and see if you can tolerate it.If you get sides that don't go away after 1-2 months then you can stop it.I would also start rogaine and see if it could help.If you have trouble applying it 2 times then try one time before going to bed and if you wish 2 times when you are not going out.

Default Rogaine Shed

I have a similar problem with a worry about the shedding from rogaine. I'm 18 and have a full head of hair, but I've noticed a spot on the crown of my head and I'm unsure if it actually is balding or not (I've attached a picture). If so, I plan on starting Rogaine, but how noticeable is the shedding that comes along with it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	42372  

Thanks for answering Doctor. Based on the picture, does my crown look like the beginning stages of MPB?

I've been on Rogaine 11 months I've been through to shedding's A second shedding happened after 6 months I was depressed after that I started applying the Rogaine to my head when it was wet and my results have been very good feel free to check out my results on my profile pic