+ Reply to Thread
    Inactive

Default Dr. Hasson alternative surgeons??

Hi Everyone!

My name is Mike, and I am new to Baldtruthtalk.com......this is my first post, and excited to be here.

I am a 31 year old caucasian male who was losing his hair at a fairly rapid rate, and have halted much of the loss with the use of proscar and rogaine. I am a Norwood IV with fairly moderate temple recession, mid scalp thinning, and moderate loss in the crown. I did an online consultation, and determined I would need between 4,000-5,000 grafts to obtain the coverage and results I am looking to achieve. ( I will post pictures of my head/hairloss in the next couple of days so you can see where I'm at).

Anyhow, I was hoping to get some general information here, on recommendations for some of the better HT surgeons in the United States?!

I really really like the results I have seen from Dr. Hasson in BC, Canada, but the 12% TAX is just killer......it makes the procedure prohibitively more expensive. Really bummed about that, as I wanted to have my procedure there, but can't justify the extra $2000.0+ on top of the cost of the surgery when there aren't currently taxes for a procedure here in the US.

With that being said, can anyone point me in the right direction of a surgeon in the United States where I might get the same excellent results that I would from Dr. Hasson, but without the extra cost of the taxes. Pretty willing to travel anywhere for the procedure, so again, looking for the best of the best from a results standpoint.....definitely looking for a quality procedure and am willing to pay around the $18,000-$20,000 mark after all is said and done!!!

Again, I will post pictures here in the next few days to give you a better idea of my hairloss situation so that it will better help the people here give me a solid recommendation.....but I am getting ready to get on a plane to South Africa tomorrow for a little vacation, and will be traveling for the next couple of days to get to my destination. =( Gotta love those long International flights......

Thank you guys all much for reading my introduction, and I hope to meet more of/get feedback from you guys soon!

Best,

Mike
    Reno/Lake Tahoe, Nevada
    USA