+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    I think you like being a victim because it is easier for you to rebel
    Unnecessary.

It's not a surprise that Phase 2 is taking time, that's why most companies don't like to put dates on things because it always takes longer than you think. Of course results are more important than time so we would ideally get an update by one of these companies with some data.

Inactive

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Kampung101 View Post
    Aderans apparently extended phase 2 to see if the hairs that were regrown went through the proper growth cycle, and if thats true, its a damn good thing that they chose to do that considering that they are trying to create a permanent solution.
    What does "proper growth cycle" mean in this context? To verify that hairs were going through the standard anagen/catagen/telogen cycle would take several years.

Quote Originally Posted by krewel View Post
    I can assure you Replicel will not come into the market sooner than Aderans, not even close.
    You should consider that Aderans has been the first of all these companies, which started developing cellular-based treatments. I don't know how everyone is imagining those trials to be. It's a process which takes a lot of time, especially while they are the first company, offering such a treatment.
    No offense, but I just don't appreciate that negative attitude against Aderans. These guys have been doing a great job so far, there's no doubt. Probably, Replicel wouldn't even exist without Aderans.
    I feel called out. So let me explain:
    http://www.baldnessbattlers.com/foru...opic.php?t=266
    Here you have a topic where Aderans started their phase 1 trials in July of 2006, and were still recruiting during 2007.

Also I believe these are one of the first phase II trials
    Enrollment: 21
    Study Start Date: October 2008
    Primary Completion Date: June 2010 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)
    And here is the link:
    http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...aderans&rank=2

Basically it will take them from October of 2008 all the way to the year of 2013 to finish their phase 2 trials. Thats 4 and a half years at best.
    Now I do think they are meticulous, knowledgeable and proffesional but with that kind of timeframe do you really think they will finish before 2016?

That is the year Replicel and Histogen are going ofr if everything goes well for them?

With their kind of pace, I don't see Aderans coming out with anything before 2017.

Now I know this is me playing devils advocate but I feel I have to put it out there. Now I really do hope you are right, but they are just too damn slow for my taste. Not that I can do anything about it except vent my anger.

Ofcourse I mean no offense you are just stating what you think.

P.S. If I get something wrong I apologize I am going on few hours of sleep here. Barely staying awake .

Sure you are here for the kicks and hair loss doesn't bother you at all...

Also it seems by next year they mean February:
    Estimated Enrollment: 40
    Study Start Date: July 2011
    Estimated Primary Completion Date: February 2013 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...aderans&rank=9

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    What does "proper growth cycle" mean in this context? To verify that hairs were going through the standard anagen/catagen/telogen cycle would take several years.
    True, but considering Aderans started their testing in 2006, by 2012 they should be getting a good idea of what the new hairs' growth cycles have been like.

I think you're failing to see the logic here - Aderans is comprised of approximately 50 employees - and you believe they will go from Feb 2013 to some point in 2014 completing a phase III trial and bringing their 'ji gami' product to market effectively banishing mankind of hair loss? We're yet to see anything spectacular from Aderans - a few fine strands here and there is a far cry from a viable product. Back in 2001 Aderans stated they'd have something out by 2010 - low and behold it's pushed back to 2014 - now it looks more like 2017/18, dya see the trend? You'll be waiting 30 years mate - lets hear you call me a rebel when you've done your time.

aiiite?? :-D

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I think you're failing to see the logic here - Aderans is comprised of approximately 50 employees - and you believe they will go from Feb 2013 to some point in 2014 completing a phase III trial and bringing their 'ji gami' product to market effectively banishing mankind of hair loss? We're yet to see anything spectacular from Aderans - a few fine strands here and there is a far cry from a viable product. Back in 2001 Aderans stated they'd have something out by 2010 - low and behold it's pushed back to 2014 - now it looks more like 2017/18, dya see the trend? You'll be waiting 30 years mate - lets hear you call me a rebel when you've done your time.

aiiite?? :-D
    Their investors must have saw something substantial to plunk down all that money recently, unless the people at Aderans are Harry Houdinis and can turn those few fine strands into something different.

Nobody knows when this, or any other potential treatment is going to come out. Sulking and bickering with each other isn't going to do any good. Just will continue misery.

Sulking and bickering with each other isn't going to do any good. Just will continue misery.
    Misery will continue regardless!

Their investors must have saw something substantial to plunk down all that money recently, unless the people at Aderans are Harry Houdinis and can turn those few fine strands into something different.
    exactly. All of their money comes from investors who can pull their money out at any time.
    If the investors had no hope for their treatment to work, they would have stopped giving them money and the company would have failed.
    The company is still alive. Investors believe in them, why don't you?

Inactive

Question

True, but considering Aderans started their testing in 2006, by 2012 they should be getting a good idea of what the new hairs' growth cycles have been like.
    The claim was that Aderans extended the current phase 2 testing "to see if the hairs that were regrown went through the proper growth cycle." The current phase 2 testing hasn't been going on since 2006.