+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help!

Default Help!

Hi guys,

Like many of you in this forum, I am (Or at least think) my fate has started to arrive. I used to have a really thick head of hair. But over the last year and especially the last 2 or 3 months I've been experiencing thinning and severe hair loss. It has started to thin everywhere. But, most of my hairs that fall out are short and frizzy. They look like they've been "sick". I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. In addition the corners of my hairline have started to disappear. I'm not sure if the corners and the temples are the same. Overall it doesn't show that much right now but I'm beginning to get worried. I would also like to point out that I suffer from quite severe seborrheic dermatitis. Could the loss and thinning be attributed to that? Or is it MPB that's kicking in? I'm Indian and 23 years old. Any thoughts or suggestions would be highly appreciated. I'm attaching two pictures. The first one is with my hair pulled back and the second one is how it normally is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 2012-01-24 at 22.53 #3.jpg

Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	13133   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 2012-01-24 at 22.35.jpg

Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	13134  

I'd also like to show you a picture of two thin hairs against a strand of my normal hair. Is this miniaturization? or does it indicate a deficiency in my diet? Thanks once again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).jpg

Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	13150  

It is normal for males to loose their temple hair. This is called the mature male hair line. The mature male hairline is natural and normal. Even males who do not go bald will normally develop a mature male hair line. This is one of the physical traits that differ between males and females. Males generally loose their temple hair. Though some males do not. Females generally do not lose their temple hair. Though unfortunately some females do.

The miniaturization process that creates the mature male hair line is the same process that happens in male and female pattern hair loss (androgenetic alopecia). The fact that you are developing a mature male hair line does not mean you are going to be a bald man. The miniaturization may stop there and never go farther. Only time will tell. The point is, the mature male hair line itself is not an indication that you are going bald.

Concerning your case of seborrheic dermatitis, you do want to take care of that. You can use Nizoral or Nizoral A-D shampoo to treat that. Depending on where you live, you might need to get a prescription from your doctor for Nizoral shampoo. Nizoral A-D is the non-prescription strength version of Nizoral. In the U.S. you can buy Nizoral A-D without a prescription. It is important that you know not to over use Nizoral or Nizoral A-D. You can use Nizoral once per week but not more often than that unless a doctor has specifically told you to use it more often. You can use Nizoral A-D up to twice per week but not more often than that. It is also a good idea to use a good quality moisturizing condition almost daily.

Thank you so much Tracey! I was using Nizoral till a while ago when one day it started getting worse after using the shampoo. I had to switch to Head & Shoulders and it's been sort of under control. I will start using a conditioner regularly. Any good ones that you recommend? Also, could my diffuse thinning and hair loss be attributed to seborrheic dermatitis? or is is definitely miniaturization that you see? Awaiting your response.

I don't see any diffuse thinning. All I see is a normal and natural mature male hairline developing. That's all. Nothing more.