+ Reply to Thread

Default Hi , I'M A noob .

Has anyone here used regenetresse or kevis ? I would like to know if i should use one of these . Or is there any thing better out there ? Oh , and I don't want anything that will make my hair fall out if i stop use it .

Quote Originally Posted by oneenigma4u View Post
    Or is there any thing better out there ? Oh , and I don't want anything that will make my hair fall out if i stop use it .
    The products you asked about are unproven and nothing more than over priced bottles of empty promises.

Hereditary hair loss is a progressive condition. Nothing "makes" your hair fall out if you stop using it. That is simply not what happens. What happens if you stop using it is your hair loss starts back up where it left off. The medication Propecia (or generic Finasteride) is the only medication proven to slow down or stop hereditary hair loss. It may also "alow" hair follicles that can still grow hair to grow hair. The medication Rogaine (or generic Minoxidil) is the only medication proven to stimulate hair follicles that can still grow hair to grow hair. At this time, these are the only two medications for hair loss that are proven to work. If you stop using them, your hair loss will start back up where it left off. There is no way around that.

Thanks that halps out alot . I guess I will need to see my doctor . If I stop it now I will be vary happy . Like I said I am a noob . I found the answer about kevis right after my post .

You can find the most truthful information about treating hereditary hair loss at the right. Just in case you cannot see it for any reason, here is the link:

http://www.americanhairloss.org/

Inactive

It is also fair to say that the 2 'proven drugs' work for some 40-50% if used lifetime, don't work for others at all, many quit due to side effects and many like myself won't even dare try them out due to side effects.

It is very realistic to say that those who cannot or will not use the two proven medications for treating hereditary hair loss need to learn how to come to terms with accepting their hair loss. There is nothing wrong with wasting your time and money on non-proven products if you have the time and money to waste. There is something wrong with expecting non-proven treatments to work though, because you are setting yourself and others up for disappointment.

Inactive

Its goes against both the truth and common sense to say that people can either accept minox & propecia or make peace with their hair loss. Its a one sided argument which does good only to those who profit from our hair loss.

There are small scientific studies, less funded, less popular with mainstream doctors and pharmaceutical companies that showcase natural 5-alpha inhibitors. Also, as I said before, 99% of natural products indeed can't do anything at all, but there might be 1% that does. Hair industry(including the FDA drugs) turns over billions of dollars each year, it is not in interest of manufacturers nor doctors to provide a one time cure or promote natural ingredients that cannot be patented and sold at a heavy price against the best interest of us who have balding problem.

Search Your own alternatives if You are not willing to trade more hair for propecia induced impotence. No one says go and buy fake pills, creams or lotions. Be wise enough to read scientific evidence and yes - there is scientific evidence for the alternative and natural solutions.
    Some examples..
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...?dopt=Abstract
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16462054
    http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bpb/29/2/392/_pdf

Even here on the forum a number of members have quit propecia due to side effects. And yes, even doctors tend to consider alternatives, read the study result below.

"Cure for BALDNESS causes IMPOTENCE, says new study..
    8th March 2011.
    The new study, carried out by Dr Abdulmaged Traish of the Boston uni medical school and his colleagues, looks into the health effects of the 5α-reductase inhibitors (5α-RIs) finasteride and dutasteride.
    Dr Traish and his colleagues write:
    Results: Prolonged adverse effects on sexual function such as erectile dysfunction and diminished libido are reported by a subset of men, raising the possibility of a causal relationship ...
    We suggest discussion with patients on the potential sexual side effects of 5α-RIs before commencing therapy. Alternative therapies may be considered in the discussion, especially when treating androgenetic alopecia."

You are doing such a disservice to these poor people that it makes me angry. All this information you are trying to spread is total crap. It is worthless. It does not hold up to scientific or medical scrutiny. A lot of people who fall for the crap you are shoveling are going to continue to loose their hair.

oneenigma4u,

Please ignore this fool. He is so full of misinformation that he cannot even help himself much less any body else. Read the information available to you from the American Hair Loss Association and go see a real doctor. Don't fall for this boat load misinformation. Don't fall for the fear mongering. Go see a real doctor.

Inactive

I have provided scientific studies and facts.

All that other side provided was hate speech and personal insults.
    I hope the administrators will come up with a proper reaction.