+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    Wow, thanks man. Lots of good info here. It seems off the cuff that I may be a solid candidate for FUE, which is a good thing I suppose, though I'm right in that age group and balding "speed" where one has to consider simply waiting until 2015 or 16 to see what the new treatments bring to the table, if anything. Your last sentence perks my curiosity: is it a matter of technique or a matter of ethics?
    Both really. There once was a doc that was great with strip then when FUE came along he saw the potential $$$ and he charged like 3 times as much per graft and lashed in 80FU/cm2 hairlines and 3000+ megasessions into 50cm2 of scalp of young 20 something year olds. Results were hit and miss. When it worked he hit one out of the park and the result looked amazing but the patients would have to be eating propecia by the bucket load and hoping hairloss didn't progress too far as the donor reserves had depleted. When it didn't work, the results were awful.

Then there was a company that used an implanter pen to do massive FUE sessions in one day. Results were awful. I've only seen one doc who mastered the Choi implanter pen.

I don't want to go mentioning names but a quick search will unearth these guys.

Also, no harm in waiting it out at least until the end of phase 2 for the likes of Aderans and Replicel to see where they're at. They should be wrapping those up next year (well maybe 2014 for Replicel).

when you pluck a hair, it grows back. This is because the cells around the bottom and sides stay in the skin. These are the cells that Gho targets some of.

Personally, I think it would be MUCH harder to consistently "split hairs" over and over and over and over. This seems much less likely the situation, than Gho using the above scientific truth: that a plucked hair regrows.

It's completely scientifically plausible that if somebody could do what Gho says he is doing, then he would be multiplying hairs. No doctor will argue that if you could leave some of the cells around the bottom behind, then you would have regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    when you pluck a hair, it grows back. This is because the cells around the bottom and sides stay in the skin. These are the cells that Gho targets some of.

Personally, I think it would be MUCH harder to consistently "split hairs" over and over and over and over. This seems much less likely the situation, than Gho using the above scientific truth: that a plucked hair regrows.

It's completely scientifically plausible that if somebody could do what Gho says he is doing, then he would be multiplying hairs. No doctor will argue that if you could leave some of the cells around the bottom behind, then you would have regrowth.
    Not splitting hairs but follicles and Gho is doing that but he claims they're growing back.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Not splitting hairs but follicles and Gho is doing that but he claims they're growing back.
    I meant splitting follicles.... splitting follicles precisely and consistently, to me, seems less likely and harder to do than what Gho claims he is doing (regenerating)

I feel like people are accusing him of something thats even less plausible than what he is claiming and to me that is funny

Apparently gho did sneijders hair. Which does to be fair look amazing to what it was.

http://www.baldingcelebrities.com/20...-sneijder.html

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    I meant splitting follicles.... splitting follicles precisely and consistently, to me, seems less likely and harder to do than what Gho claims he is doing (regenerating)

I feel like people are accusing him of something thats even less plausible than what he is claiming and to me that is funny
    He definitely is splitting or transecting follicles. It's detailed in his papers. He's just claiming that if he splits a 3 haired follicle and plants 2 hairs in the recipient not only will they grow but the 2 extracted will also grow back in the donor meaning a net gain of 2 new hairs. Sounds great but I'm not yet completely convinced that's what consistently happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    He definitely is splitting or transecting follicles. It's detailed in his papers. He's just claiming that if he splits a 3 haired follicle and plants 2 hairs in the recipient not only will they grow but the 2 extracted will also grow back in the donor meaning a net gain of 2 new hairs. Sounds great but I'm not yet completely convinced that's what consistently happens.
    Sounds great is an understatement, it sounds fantastic.

Hi gc83uk, do you have any picture of update??
    Are you happy with the results?

this is so dumb....
    Gho does not have access to hair cloning.
    He cannot increase the number of hairs on your head.
    He is simply moving hair from the back of your head to the front. This is just a regular hair transplant.