+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I've still seen no photos that prove that the donor is regenerating.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    have you looked at the journals? they have multiple photos of Donor scars with hairs sprouting. So, unless you believe they were photoshopped.....

Also, GC has a close up photo where you can easily see hairs sprouting from the red donor scars. Perhaps he can repost that photo? I will try to find which thread, and which forum it was on, but do not know off the top of my head.

However, I am not making it up, GC at one point posted a photo that clearly showed hairs sprouting from donor scars--- which immediately led to people saying, "okay, something is sprouting", but they then started to push the "he's just splitting hairs theory".... either way..... its undoubtable that something is regenerating in the scars--- GC's photos prove that Gho's photos were not photoshopped

http://www.hasci.com/uploads/downloa...%20Neumann.pdf

see above link-- top of page 8

and

http://www.hasci.com/uploads/downloa...ia.27feb11.pdf

see above link--- bottom of page 4

OK, so we see that Gho has some photos of donor scar holes with hairs growing out. But what if he photoshopped?

well, we have an independent forum user who, with amateur photography, seem to capture this same phenomena of hair growing out of donor scars

http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/9/...onor%20010.jpg

see above link, zoom in to the top (semi-right side) corner

Seeing that Gho has multiple journal articles with macro photography showing hairs sprouting from donor scars AND gc seems to be showing the same thing...

I'd say its safe to say that something is growing out of these scars--- which in every other operation has NOTHING growing out of them...

PS- the guy Gho worked with on the journal articles is a highly regarded researcher in Europe...

basically guys, all signs point to Gho not lying, or splitting hairs.
    Instead, it points to people and doctors like Mattj being dishonest about how markets work.

I've seen all those photos before and I want to believe it works but I'm still not convinced. Sure I've seen singles growing out of extraction marks but what if you take 2 hairs from a follicular unit and leave 1. Man I hope he's not splitting hairs but I guess I'll be convinced if I see some great results.

Question: Consider Gho is splitting hairs, rather than duplicating.
    Would this be more or less favourable than a typical FUE?

If the effect remains that one hair becomes two and there is no way of discerning either way (cosmetically speaking), whether being 'split' or 'duplicated', what's the big deal?

Perhaps I'm not understanding correctly, sorry if my question ended up a little confusing. I'm not very well versed in the science behind all this.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Question: Consider Gho is splitting hairs, rather than duplicating.
    Would this be more or less favourable than a typical FUE?

If the effect remains that one hair becomes two and there is no way of discerning either way (cosmetically speaking), whether being 'split' or 'duplicated', what's the big deal?

Perhaps I'm not understanding correctly, sorry if my question ended up a little confusing. I'm not very well versed in the science behind all this.
    You missed the important point here; that of multiplication. The problem is most of us do not have as much donor as we would like. If Gho is multiplying, he can for example take let's say 1000 3 haired follicular units and transplant them to the top of the head while they grow back in the donor. That would mean you have 1000 new grafts on top of your head or 3000 new hairs with all 1000 grafts and 3000 hairs growing back in the donor or close to, say 90%. That's something out of nothing effectively and sounds amazing.

The real concern here (one pointed out even by HT surgeons) is that Gho may be merely transecting or splitting hair follicles. Let's say you use small needles and split 1000 separate 3 haired follicular units and take 500 1s and 500 2s and transplant them. You've effectively moved 1000 grafts and or 1500 hairs. In the donor 500 2 hair FUs or left and 500 1 haired FUs. Therefore it is just follicle splitting and no new hair is created and the donor is depleted yet looking at the donor there is no visible scarring or bare spots as there is still hair there just thinned out. The unsuspecting patient could never say hey you split a 3 haired FU here and put 2 hairs up on the top of my head and left one here.

If he really is regenerating great. If not, your donor will be depleted and you will have a finite amount of donor still. Food for thought.

I bet you will never see a greater than 10,000 HST case. Dr. Feriduni has done 10,000+ FUE as has Dr. Jose Lorenzo so some people have that much donor available. Of course if Gho comes out with a 15,000 HST case then you can assume it's for real.

You missed the important point here; that of multiplication. The problem is most of us do not have as much donor as we would like. If Gho is multiplying, he can for example take let's say 1000 3 haired follicular units and transplant them to the top of the head while they grow back in the donor. That would mean you have 1000 new grafts on top of your head or 3000 new hairs with all 1000 grafts and 3000 hairs growing back in the donor or close to, say 90%. That's something out of nothing effectively and sounds amazing.

The real concern here (one pointed out even by HT surgeons) is that Gho may be merely transecting or splitting hair follicles. Let's say you use small needles and split 1000 separate 3 haired follicular units and take 500 1s and 500 2s and transplant them. You've effectively moved 1000 grafts and or 1500 hairs. In the donor 500 2 hair FUs or left and 500 1 haired FUs. Therefore it is just follicle splitting and no new hair is created and the donor is depleted yet looking at the donor there is no visible scarring or bare spots as there is still hair there just thinned out. The unsuspecting patient could never say hey you split a 3 haired FU here and put 2 hairs up on the top of my head and left one here.

If he really is regenerating great. If not, your donor will be depleted and you will have a finite amount of donor still. Food for thought.

I bet you will never see a greater than 10,000 HST case. Dr. Feriduni has done 10,000+ FUE as has Dr. Jose Lorenzo so some people have that much donor available. Of course if Gho comes out with a 15,000 HST case then you can assume it's for real.
    This is a little tangential, but what makes a good donor region? Is it simply thickness of hair? Or is it the type of hair as well? I have insanely thick hair in the back of my head, to the distress of every barber I've ever had, but it's essentially straight hair, a little wave when it gets longer but not curly or coarse. What's the optimal hair type? Do height and head size come into play?

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    This is a little tangential, but what makes a good donor region? Is it simply thickness of hair? Or is it the type of hair as well? I have insanely thick hair in the back of my head, to the distress of every barber I've ever had, but it's essentially straight hair, a little wave when it gets longer but not curly or coarse. What's the optimal hair type? Do height and head size come into play?
    High donor density for starters; as in greater than say 85 or 90 FU/cm2. Secondy no family history of norwood 7 would be good as would a high proportion of 2 hair and 3 hair follicular units. Even for advanced stages of baldness the universal donor zone maybe 7.5cm in height.

Straight hair is ideal for FUE extraction. As far as I believe black/dark brown straight hair tends to be the easiest to extract safely. Furthermore thicker hair shaft diameter is better for creating volume and the appearance of density so that must also contribute to good donor.

Also the dimensions of the head come into play somewhat. Large heads tend to yield more donor but then people tend to have to cover a bigger area of scalp when they bald also. However some people have great height in their donor zone due to the shape of the back of their head. See a guy called Sean who got 3000+ FUE with Dr. Rahal.

Disregarding cost, for some people with such a head of hair, it's not an exaggeration to say that even heading towards norwood 6 they may have a donor density of 95FU/cm2 and an area of 8cm x 32cm (256cm2). This would give a total of 24320 follicles in the donor zone. It may be possible over multiple procedures to extract 35% and this would therefore allow 8512 FU to be transplanted! Then consider again that some people may have more than the average 2.2 hairs per follicular unit at around 2.5 and you're looking at a big number of hairs.

However it make get better still for many that have favourable characteristics for FUE (not that I'm championing FUE as FUT yiled tends to be a little better in general) as the first 3000 grafts can be cherry picked for the best multiple haired FUs. Therefore they could be looking a (3000x3)+(5500x2.5) total of 22750 hairs transplanted.

Of course the worry with FUE may be that in trying to extract such great numbers the doctor may stray north of the safe zone where the crown can dip low. If a doctor is going aggressive in this regard and the patient is fully informed, I could only condone this hair going into the very centre of the crown so that if it did succumb to DHT down the line it would fall out from the whirl and just leave a small bald spot.

Hope that helps somewhat. Bear in mind that (imo at least) there's probably less than 10 FUE docs that are up to the task.

High donor density for starters; as in greater than say 85 or 90 FU/cm2. Secondy no family history of norwood 7 would be good as would a high proportion of 2 hair and 3 hair follicular units. Even for advanced stages of baldness the universal donor zone maybe 7.5cm in height.

Straight hair is ideal for FUE extraction. As far as I believe black/dark brown straight hair tends to be the easiest to extract safely. Furthermore thicker hair shaft diameter is better for creating volume and the appearance of density so that must also contribute to good donor.

Also the dimensions of the head come into play somewhat. Large heads tend to yield more donor but then people tend to have to cover a bigger area of scalp when they bald also. However some people have great height in their donor zone due to the shape of the back of their head. See a guy called Sean who got 3000+ FUE with Dr. Rahal.

Disregarding cost, for some people with such a head of hair, it's not an exaggeration to say that even heading towards norwood 6 they may have a donor density of 95FU/cm2 and an area of 8cm x 32cm (256cm2). This would give a total of 24320 follicles in the donor zone. It may be possible over multiple procedures to extract 35% and this would therefore allow 8512 FU to be transplanted! Then consider again that some people may have more than the average 2.2 hairs per follicular unit at around 2.5 and you're looking at a big number of hairs.

However it make get better still for many that have favourable characteristics for FUE (not that I'm championing FUE as FUT yiled tends to be a little better in general) as the first 3000 grafts can be cherry picked for the best multiple haired FUs. Therefore they could be looking a (3000x3)+(5500x2.5) total of 22750 hairs transplanted.

Of course the worry with FUE may be that in trying to extract such great numbers the doctor may stray north of the safe zone where the crown can dip low. If a doctor is going aggressive in this regard and the patient is fully informed, I could only condone this hair going into the very centre of the crown so that if it did succumb to DHT down the line it would fall out from the whirl and just leave a small bald spot.

Hope that helps somewhat. Bear in mind that (imo at least) there's probably less than 10 FUE docs that are up to the task.
    Wow, thanks man. Lots of good info here. It seems off the cuff that I may be a solid candidate for FUE, which is a good thing I suppose, though I'm right in that age group and balding "speed" where one has to consider simply waiting until 2015 or 16 to see what the new treatments bring to the table, if anything. Your last sentence perks my curiosity: is it a matter of technique or a matter of ethics?

cant seem to open page 2 of this thread.