+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair come out finer and thinner

Hi there. I have been losing hair at the front and temple of my head. For several months now, I have noticed that little hair have been growing from both side of the temples. However these little hair come out finer and thinner, and some keep falling out.

Is the little thinner and finer hair a normal thing for male pattern baldness? I mean hair loss due to male pattern baldness would not grow back right? or is it due to something different?

I have been using Rogaine, but i doubt the thinner hair is caused by Rogaine, tho I want to believe that it is.

I think it's common misconception (I know that was what I thought) that male pattern baldness only occurs through or after hair falls out in plucks while in most/majority of the cases it's just hair getting thinner and thinner untill it's gone or it starts exposing bald spots.

Yes it is called miniaturization. Here is a link explaining it. http://www.americanhairloss.org/men_..._hair_loss.asp
    I would give propecia a try if you have mpb. I would go to a certified IAHRS doctor and have them check you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
    Is the little thinner and finer hair a normal thing for male pattern baldness?
    It is normal for males to loose their temple hair. This is called the mature male hair line. The mature male hairline is natural and normal. Even males who do not go bald will normally develop a mature male hair line. This is one of the physical traits that differ between males and females. Males generally loose their temple hair. Though some males do not. Females generally do not lose their temple hair. Though unfortunately some females do.

The miniaturization process that creates the mature male hair line is the same process that happens in male and female pattern hair loss (androgenetic alopecia). The fact that you are developing a mature male hair line does not mean you are going to be a bald man. The miniaturization may stop there and never go farther. Only time will tell. The point is, the mature male hair line itself is not an indication that you are going bald.