Is my hair transplant any good? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Is my hair transplant any good?

I have surposedly had 2,500 FUE transplant, please find attached pics... I would say my hair at the back was quite thick and i was surprised that they had to use so much of my donor area up, and there doesn't appear to be that much placed up front... I was hoping it would be a little lower... what do you guys think? Is it an ok transplant or not?

I have not really had a proper clean up back there and only removed the bandage today so the blood running down the middle of my head will be cleaned up after etc...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0322.jpg

Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	13117   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0325.jpg

Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	13118   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0327.jpg

Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	13119   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0328.jpg

Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	13120   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0330.jpg

Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	13121   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0332.jpg

Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	13122  

I cannot say whether it is good or not
    It looks fine so far
    Let's wait for the final results and then see if you are happy with it or not

As you mentioned they did appear to take the grafts from a large donor area and place them in a small receipient area in the front .

I've always wondered what happens when and if, in the future .you lose the hairs behind where the grafts are placed ?

Which Doctor did the procedure may I ask Jim?

I don't recall the doctors name to be honest, I went to Turkey to get it done, I was thinking everything was fine until someone made a comment, saying that they probably sold some of your follicles to someone else... I was looking for some reassurance that the amount taken from the donor area was actually used in the front, just densely...

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob1966 View Post
    I was thinking everything was fine until someone made a comment, saying that they probably sold some of your follicles to someone else...
    Just so you know, whole follicular units cannot be transplanted from one person to another. Your tramsplant looks fine. You should wait the full 12 months before deciding if it is a good transplant or not. In the mean time do your best not to worry about it. Just take really good care of yourself and focus on other things.

It’s very difficult to tell too much at this point. It’s always better to spread out the extractions through the entire donor area in FUE as not to leave a buck shot effect. So far things don’t look bad from what I can make out. Upload some more photos in a few days once things are cleaned up and a little more healed.

I'm having difficulty choosing how best to clean my hair...

It's been 3 days since my transplant, yesterday i dabbed on some body lotion prescribed by the surgeon and rinsed it off 45 mins later, not properly though as i didn't want to rub the area, and dabbed my hair dry.

Today I am going to but cream on again and rinse of 45 mins later and gently dab on some shampoo prescribed by the doctor... i don't know if i should though... even gently dabbing on the cream i saw 3 tiny hairs on my hand, i may of dislodged the grafts...

I have not even touched the donor site as it is still producing dots of blood on my pillow...

should i just clean everything today and hope for the best?

From your post, it sounds like your doctor did not give you proper post surgery care and cleaning advise. This worries me. I hope you read this post in time to save as many of your grafts as possible.

My doctor was very good about making sure I knew how to wash my scalp after surgery. First and foremost he told me not to allow shower water to hit my head directly for at least ten days post op. The pressure of the shower water is strong enough to dislodge the grafts. He told me to use a cup or a bowl to slowly and gently rinse the baby shampoo from my hair. Yes, he told me to use baby shampoo for the first ten days after surgery.

To apply the shampoo, he told me to lather up a generous portion of baby shampoo in my hands first. Then gently and carefully pat the shampoo onto my scalp. Once I had the shampoo everywhere it needed to be, rinse it out using a bowl or a cup very carefully.

After ten days, I was able to wash normally. However, I continued to be very careful about it until the transplanted hairs started hedding out. At that point I knew the grafts where in there permanently.

I just get in touch with couple of Turckey's clinic to do so cos of the attractive price 3 or 4 times cheaper then in UK, most of them make FUE only, but I was on consultacy in one of the UK clinic and was told to go for FUT rather than FUE due to better quality of grafts thus more going to grow. I was told that just adverts make FUE so attractive but in reality the final result could be much more wores than FUT, how was it in your case why you went for FUE and any chance to find out which clinic you did that?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob1966 View Post
    I don't recall the doctors name to be honest, I went to Turkey to get it done, I was thinking everything was fine until someone made a comment, saying that they probably sold some of your follicles to someone else... I was looking for some reassurance that the amount taken from the donor area was actually used in the front, just densely...
    You cant even remember the doctor`s name ??
    Where in Turkey did you have the operation done ? What city , was it a clinic or a proper hospital environment ?