Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbob1966
    • Jan 2012

4 month update

ok at 4 months, i'm quite disapointed with how things are going so far to be honest, i know I should be patient etc, but I was expecting quite a bit more growth at this stage.

Different hairs seem to be cycling at different times, like some of the hair that's grown for a few months has fallen out, i'm hoping that it will regrow again... :s

Anyway i've attached wet pics combed back, I'd like to know your thoughts...
    Attached Files

Comment

• Winston
      • Mar 2009

4 months is really the point many guys just start to see some growth. The 4 to 6 month mark is when things really start to come in and usually continue up to 12 months or so. Your skin looks very good at this point and it does appear that you have some early growth. It looks like you are on track.

Comment

• gillenator
        • Dec 2008

Good points Winston. And I agree that at four months post-op, Jimbob's progress is typical and improving with time.

Jimbob, I noticed the improvement in the healing of your recipient areas, far less post-op redness, and there is more growth in both temporal lobe areas.

Just wait until you hit the six month mark, another huge difference in growth. You'll see.

What happens to those of us as HT patients is that we are looking in the mirror throughout each day and we notice the progress less than those of us who see your pics at 30 month intervals. We all can relate to what you are experiencing Jimbob.

Looking forward to more pics with time passing and more growth!
        "Gillenator"
        Independent Patient Advocate
        more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• jimbob1966
          • Jan 2012

5 Months

lil bit more growth i guess hard to tell, i do hope hair starts growing nearer the hairline aswell
          Attached Files

Comment

• Tracy C
            • Sep 2011

Looking good.

Comment

• jimbob1966
              • Jan 2012

think it's time to face facts that i am one of the unfortunate people that a hair transplant didn't work too well for me.

6 months down the line and the area nearest the hairline hasn't seemed to grow in at all, the growth at the front is really crap, i knew it wouldn't be no where as thick as my natural hair, but 2,400 FUE is quite a bit of hair, i thought it would make alot more growth than it has.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Tracy C
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by jimbob1966
                think it's time to face facts that...
                No it isn't.

6 months down the line and the area nearest the hairline hasn't seemed to grow in at all...
                You still have another six to twelve months to go before you will know.

Your hair looks a lot better than it did before. I am quite surprised that you can't see that.

Comment

• gillenator
                  • Dec 2008

It is far more noticable if we do not look in the mirror every day, looking for the slightest changes.

I agree. You are only six months post-op. Things will improve.
                  "Gillenator"
                  more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• jimbob1966
                    • Jan 2012

7 month update

Can't really see much change, still not much growing on the left side of my scalp compared to the right, still not much growth nearest the hairline...
                    Attached Files

Comment

• john2399
                      • Jan 2012

Can't really see much change, still not much growing on the left side of my scalp compared to the right, still not much growth nearest the hairline...
                      I think its looking pretty good. Seems like each month you have a little more hair.

Comment

• Tracy C
                        • Sep 2011

7 month update. Can't really see much change...
                        Only seven months? You still have five to eleven months to go. I can see the improvement. It is very obvious.

Comment

• May 2012

yes!! there is some improvement. and the good thing is there are still some months to experience even better results

Comment

• gillenator
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by 5000
                            yes!! there is some improvement. and the good thing is there are still some months to experience even better results
                            Yes indeed including improvement with hair caliber maturation!
                            "Gillenator"
                            more.hair@verizon.net

Comment

• jimbob1966
                              • Jan 2012

9 Month update

Not really sure what to make of progress as of yet, still hoping that I have some more growth, one side definitely has more growth than the otherside so hopeing that evens out, and also that the hairs thicken considerably. I've combed what I beleive to be the new growth on my forehead so you can see.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• mattj
                                Doctor Representative
                                • Oct 2009

There's still time for the density to increase on that side. Do you have pre-op photos? It's unclear how dense the area was to begin with.
                                I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

Working...