Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbob1966
    • Jan 2012

I would say it's probably around 1,500 grafts, and 50-60% grew,

If they were based in the uk, I would go in with a baseball bat and get some answers lol, but i'm not flying out to istanbul again, thankfully it was £2,500 not £10,000

Comment

• mattj
      Doctor Representative
      • Oct 2009

Do you have any more photos of the donor area straight after the procedure? Some clearer shots that might show how many extractions were made?
      I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• sausage
        • Jan 2012

Your temples do look pretty thin unfortunately. It looks like the price you paid for what you had done was too good to be true.

Maybe save up for surgery with an established surgeon? That is if you can afford it.

Comment

• drybone
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by jimbob1966
          I would say it's probably around 1,500 grafts, and 50-60% grew,

If they were based in the uk, I would go in with a baseball bat and get some answers lol, but i'm not flying out to istanbul again, thankfully it was £2,500 not £10,000
          Your hair does look great, even if he ripped you off for grafts. And the way you look is what counts!!!

The price was a little steep but the finished product looks fine if you thicken it up with concealer. Are you considering a touch up procedure to dense pack?

Comment

• jimbob1966
            • Jan 2012

heres donor area, don't know if you could tell how much they extracted matt? and one recipient side.
            Attached Files

Comment

• jimbob1966
              • Jan 2012

Well I'm waiting to see how another members turns out with a reputable surgeon, if it's good i may go for it.

Comment

• mattj
                Doctor Representative
                • Oct 2009

heres donor area, don't know if you could tell how much they extracted matt? and one recipient side.
                The grafts have been harvested over a wide area, but look quite widely spaced apart. It's very hard to judge with any certainty how many were extracted.
                I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• jimbob1966
                  • Jan 2012

fair enough

Comment

• gillenator
                    • Dec 2008

Tough to evaluate in photos. It would take an in-person view of the various donor areas that grafts were extracted from. The patients medical chart may also document where the grafts were taken and placed.
                    "Gillenator"
                    Independent Patient Advocate
                    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• jimbob1966
                      • Jan 2012

Guys, I was thinking about buzzing down to a grade one, I quite liked the look of it initially when i had it done with the transplant, obviously that was mainly because it looked thicker before the grafts fell out.

Now I'm left with fine wispy hairs as discussed previously, If I buzz down I suspect the gaps between my original hair and the transplanted hair which is really fine and poor coverage will make it cosmetically unacceptable to me.

Would I be able to use some topik in that area to increase density and make it look better? I don't want it to look stupid and i guess the microspray wouldn't work with such short hair as it would just paint the scalp wouldn't it?

I haven't been taking finastride, i think i have probably lost a bit more ground, albeit very slowly. Was hopeing to start on fin again and use rogaine whist it's buzzed so i can get the solution easily to the scalp, I haven't ever used rogaine and have heard alot of horror stories, but prepared to take the chance if i keep it buzzed for a while.

what do you guys think? here's my hair at the moment scraped back.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• rev3
                        • May 2012

Guys, I was thinking about buzzing down to a grade one, I quite liked the look of it initially when i had it done with the transplant, obviously that was mainly because it looked thicker before the grafts fell out.

Now I'm left with fine wispy hairs as discussed previously, If I buzz down I suspect the gaps between my original hair and the transplanted hair which is really fine and poor coverage will make it cosmetically unacceptable to me.

Would I be able to use some topik in that area to increase density and make it look better? I don't want it to look stupid and i guess the microspray wouldn't work with such short hair as it would just paint the scalp wouldn't it?

I haven't been taking finastride, i think i have probably lost a bit more ground, albeit very slowly. Was hopeing to start on fin again and use rogaine whist it's buzzed so i can get the solution easily to the scalp, I haven't ever used rogaine and have heard alot of horror stories, but prepared to take the chance if i keep it buzzed for a while.

what do you guys think? here's my hair at the moment scraped back.
                        hey jbob

don't kick yourself too hard about the place you went to in turkey.
                        there are PLENTY of people you went to "known" docs and have had less than stellar results, leaving gaps and non-growth areas like yours (esp. when it comes to FUE) with these docs offering a second pass for free

so know it happens to EVERY doc. sometimes there is just no telling why.

looking at the positives: you weren't butchered, you didn't pay too much and you didn't waste too many grafts.

i know it is frustrating since you did not have good growth (esp on one side) but hey you made it though almost to 18 months and this is fixable

not sure you are in the US but have you consulted with Konior in chicago

Comment

• jimbob1966
                          • Jan 2012

thanks for advice,

what do you think of my buzz down and conceler on the transplanted areas idea? do you think i could get away with it?

Comment

• rev3
                            • May 2012

thanks for advice,

what do you think of my buzz down and conceler on the transplanted areas idea? do you think i could get away with it?

no

i think concealers work best on medium length hair, such as the one you showed in a previous post

on buzzed hair you'd see the fibers on the skin up close

IF YOU DO BUZZ i think it will look good judging from your post op pics with the transplanted recipient areas filled BUT FOR the side that did not grow well which might show too much skin

plus if you are planning a second pass best to keep hair at current length so docs can see what they are dealing with

Comment

• jimbob1966
                              • Jan 2012

I have this maine spray which i use once in a blue moon, i can comb my hair back and look like a norwood 1, but i bought this dermmatch product, and i've basically seen a completely bold guy use it to create a 5 o clock shadow to give the illusion of a full hairline, i thought if i shaved real close so that the hair is more of a shadow than actual hair, i could blend in the dermmatch in the spare/bare areas to make it look like a nice full straight hairline.

Comment

• jimbob1966
                                • Jan 2012

I've done it, shaved it all off

ok, please can i have your honest opinions please.

I've applied some dermatch to the area, does it look ok or not?

Sorry if you have to twist your neck, the pictures were the correct way round when i uploaded them.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...