Is my hair transplant any good?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gillenator
    • Dec 2008

Very true. Shockloss for the most part is temporary loss of native exisitng hair that was within or near the recipient area. Shockloss can also occur in the donor region although very rare. Can some shockloss be permanent? Sure it can, but ususally when that existing hair is already debilitated and on it's way out.

At 5 weeks post-op, I hope the redness dissipates. If not, contact your surgeon for assistance. Everyone heals differently and the redness that lingers can vary between patients.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• jimbob1966
      • Jan 2012

Should i be concerned that some of the hairs implanted, haven't fallen out or really grown that much (if at all) compared to my usual hair...

Comment

• Folly
        • Nov 2011

Hey Jimbob,

please read the following passage which Dr.Cole mentioned in another thread.

Originally posted by drcole
        The normal sequence of events following a hair transplant is for the transplanted hairs to elongate for about 2 weeks. Then the elongation ceases and over a period of weeks the hairs should shed. Occasionally, the hairs do not shed. They stay in their state of elongation following the first two weeks after hair transplantation without falling out. These are dead keratin and they should be removed because the body will attempt to wall off the dead keratin or form a cyst, pustules, or "black head" around the non-growing hair. You can pluck them with tweezers and they will come out like a pin out of soft, warm butter.

Comment

• jimbob1966
          • Jan 2012

So I should pluck them all out?

Comment

• Folly
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by jimbob1966
            Sorry bro, i can't answer that, as i'm not an expert or physician. You should speak to your HT surgeon or maybe one of the experts on this forum can answer your question.

Comment

• Tracy C
              • Sep 2011

Should i be concerned that some of the hairs implanted, haven't fallen out or really grown that much (if at all) compared to my usual hair...
              No. Give it time - 12 to 18 full months after surgery.

No. They will cycle on their own when they are ready to do so.

Comment

• jimbob1966
                • Jan 2012

I was waiting for your response Tracy, I didn't want to pluck them out without your say so!

Comment

• gillenator
                  • Dec 2008

At this point in time post-op, you can get more aggressive in removing the dead hair IMHO. I believe that is what Dr. Cole is implying.

The best is yet to come, your REGROWTH!
                  "Gillenator"
                  more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• kd
                    • Jan 2012

Tracy you are very helpful. Buddy, next time you will need to build a better relationship with your doctor. Each doctor has there own way of treating things and most of us are not doctors on the site.

Good luck buddy. I just got my FUE HT yesterday. I was told not to touch it with water for at least 8 days (implanted area).

Can not wait to see the successful shots.

Comment

• jimbob1966
                      • Jan 2012

3 month update

It's been exactly 3 months since my FUE operation in January. I'm hoping there will be some significant growth soon... basically i would say from what you can see 60-70% of the hairs there, are hairs that haven't grown or fallen out... which is a little concerning... had a few new stragly hairs grow threw though.

At the moment I'm just happy that my hair has grown back so I can resume the hiding lol.

I've attached some wet pics, and some dry both without concealers or anything... it's fairly obvious which is my normal hair and which is transplanted etc...

I would say i've experienced some shock loss at the front, as i don't recall seeing quite as much scalp as before, but again that might just been in my head.

Here's hoping that it'll really start to grow in soon, as I'll be so disappointed if i'm one of the few classified as transplant failures
                      Attached Files

Comment

• sausage
                        • Jan 2012

im surprised your head is still red raw after all this time :s.

All I can say is I hope it starts to grow within the next few months.

good luck.

Comment

• Tracy C
                          • Sep 2011

Here's hoping that it'll really start to grow in soon, as I'll be so disappointed if i'm one of the few classified as transplant failures
                          It looks like it is comming along well. It does take time to see the true results. You will know a lot more after a full year has passed.

Comment

• DAVE52
                            • Sep 2010

FRom the pics in Post # 55 I would have said you didn't " need " a HT

Comment

• DAVE52
                              • Sep 2010

FRom the pics in Post # 55 I would have said you didn't " need " a HT

Comment

• gillenator
                                • Dec 2008

If you look at jimbob's first set of pics from his oroginal post, you can see that he had some significant temporal lobe recession.

His exisitng hair has also grown quite a bit from when it was shaved for the procedure back in January.
                                "Gillenator"
                                more.hair@verizon.net

Comment

Working...