+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

I am no expert but your donor area looks very bare, it looks like there is nothing left but scalp. Is that just an illusion because of all the redness? Is there actually a decent amount of hair left in your donor region?

When you don't even know the name of the surgeon then that is very concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    I am no expert but your donor area looks very bare, it looks like there is nothing left but scalp. Is that just an illusion because of all the redness? Is there actually a decent amount of hair left in your donor region?

When you don't even know the name of the surgeon then that is very concerning.
    The donor area was shaved to a grade 1 and i was razored down to the scalp, so i beleive it looks worse than it actually is.

I have all the details of the Surgeon/Surgury, It's just that i'm working away from home at the moment, I can't get the details for you right now.

Hope it all works out.

Why did you choose Turkey? and why did you choose the surgeon you had?

price basically, £2000 for 2,400 grafts, hotel accomodation, and being picked up from airport etc, i just had to pay £250 for flights ontop...

I bumped into 5 other guys who have had transplants in Turkey at the airport, it seems that it is a popular destination to have it done... if worst comes to worst, I've wasted £2000... i can live with that, at least i've tried...

Fair enough.

I went to Turkey 2 years ago on holiday. Some Turkish guy that I bumped into who was promoting a bar (ie one of those annoying ppl that try to get you into their pub/club.) Said to me 'hey you should get a transplant I got one years ago' I looked up and saw these whispy sparse hairs on his head, it didn't look good, I am guessing he got it done a long time ago when transplants were crap. He was like 'they (transplants) are a lot better today' I didn't say anything back I was embarrassed that a stranger had pointed my balding head out, especially in front of mates who take the piss enough as it is.

I have always had the feeling that Turkish men are very dodgy, they are always after the ladies especially girls on holiday, its all a little creepy to me and I don't trust them at all, they all have their shops selling fake cigarettes and fake designer clothes and if you step into their shop you get hassled, it is pretty impossible to leave, they literally grab hold of you, pick up something in their shop up and practically force it down your throat until you buy it. So trusting anyone Turkish especially a Turkish surgeon is not something I could do.

It seems you know the risk you were taking going there so I expect you had your doubts but the price was to good to ignore.

Please explain to me why with so much information available at the tips of your fingers you seem to know very little. It’s almost as if you thought you were simply going for a haircut and if it didn't work out you would just wait until it grew out. How old are you and was it just the marketing that made you believe this was a very simple procedure and the details should be of know concern?

I'm 27, I wasn't looking to tell everyone about the details of the surgery, I was just was looking for some re-assurance from somebody that my procedure looked ok.

At the end of the day I have done my research, I was given post op instructions, but the more websites i visited the more i had conflicting reports about how gently/harshly you should wash your hair post op.

I don't think it's really fair to question me, sure your probably 10 x more informed than I am, but I did as much research as I thought necessary, I was just looking for a bit of support, oh well nevermind...

Jimbob just judging from the pictures everything looks very normal. Personally I wouldn’t touch the area for the first 3-4 days. Pour warm water over the area after using a cup in the shower and just go on with your day. Gentle washing after that first week should be okay but check with your clinic. Try not to look in the mirror too much, get on with life and you will know in 12 months.

You should be sharing the details with the forums especially if you used the forums to make your own decision. Too many come and just take without sharing. Your experience helps others. Good luck in your outcome.

thanks will do

ok guys, it's been 7 days since surgery, front is getting quite itchy now, I've put on some cream for 45 mins daily and then washed off with warm water by pouring it on my head, (although i used shower today) have gently washed with shampoo everyday, just patting the front lightly not rubbing, and drying by patting...

there have been a couple of times where a bit of wet scab has comeoff with the hair with it, i'm hoping the follicle remains, but you can't really tell.

Please find my pics below at 7 days, do you sugguest i keep doing what im doing or be a bit more aggressive or gentler.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0356.jpg

Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	13210   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0355.jpg

Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	13211   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0352.jpg

Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	13212