+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Your photos are too small to make out any usable details. Unfortunately your issues will only continue to get worse without continued use of finasteride, guaranteed. This doesn't mean it is a guarantee you won't lose more hair even on finasteride but you get the point. You should make sure your photos are not too small, a minimum of 750kb and upload the photos to a free image hosting site and embed the link instead of uploading here. The larger size will come through and be easier to see.

Also, watch my video on how to take photos and pay attention to the lighting portion of the tutorial.

Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Hey Jimbob, don't feel bad about your HT. You have to know that 2400 grafts aren't enough to cover the head. From what I see (in your first post) the grafts weren't even spread all over the head. So, it's natural that you will look thinner now in the rest of the head but from what I see in your last pics it's not bad at all. If it makes you feel any better, I've had 5 HTs -and one small HT- over a period of around 10 years totaling about 5000 grafts and my hairline now is maybe thinner than yours. The reason is, I started getting HTs when I still had a lot of native hair, which makes it hard for the doctors to distribute the grafts evenly. But I also feel that some of my grafts either never took hold or they fell out after some time. The fact is transplanted hair CAN AND DOES fall out, just like the native hair, despite their claim that it won't...
    It's also only expected that you were going to need more HTs as your hairloss progresses. I think another pass (on the front/hairline) and you should be happier. Even after 5 HTs and 5000 grafts I sometimes think about getting a small one to fill in the gaps in front.

Make sure you go to a reputable doctor though.

thanks, yeah the transplant pics were from 2011, I was just wondering what to do now. Yeah the pictures I took were pretty decent but the site made them very small for some reason.

I've been getting bad problems sleeping so I've taken a break from Fin, will try again at 0.5mg daily

Hi Jim,

Just saw your thread. Thanks for sharing.

How is everything coming along for you thus far?

Hey,

Well i'm not exactly new to this forum or hairloss, so some of the comments above were a bit funny seeming I've been a forum member longer than them but got a schooling

My hairline is looking a bit weird now, I don't know if you were around when I did the transplant in 2011 but my hairline has continued to recede albeit at a slow rate, some down to minox some down to fin, but I haven't been consistant with it. It's like you can see my hairline but you can see threw it sending it back 2 inches, so I've been getting lots of peculiar stares as I don't look like an average bolding person as I have really fine spare hair there, so i'm having to style accordingly but it's getting harder and harder, so I think I will have to bite the bullet and get a 2nd transplant which I hope with improve the situation.

Do you think if you stayed on fin consistently since 2011 your hair would have remained the same? Or was it just not effective at halting the loss. There must be a ton of people who have had a similar experience to yours. It seems to be the nature of the beast with HTs, except for those lucky few who only recede to like an nw3 level and stop.

Well both my brothers were a lot more bold at my age, so I think it has definitely helped to slow down, I even know the feeling of when my dht is high as I will get a tingling feeling in the area and over a few days I will notice some white flakes.

To give the last 2 weeks for example, I really have had difficulty sleeping and don't feel rested at all, I've read that it's the Fin interfering with REM sleep so I haven't touched Fin at all, this morning is probably the first time I woke up feeling refreshed so I will be planning to take a small dose today and hope that the issue isn't as bad.

My libido drops massively on fin, quite a lot of times, I've given it up for a few weeks to enjoy sex and then the usual worry about hair creeps in with the physical sensations I described before and I get back on it. I was hopeful that there would be some new cure out soon, but it looks like I will have to do at least another HT and try and take Fin when I can and reassess the situation in 5 years maybe.

When I was considering a hair transplant I got the warnings that things would continue to receed but when your young you think that it won't happen to you, well it does, I probably wish I didn't do the FUE back then and did a few HT's now instead as it looks like the results are more impressive and I wouldn't of wasted 2,400 grafts.

Hello

I don't have much constructive (or actually anything constructive) to add to the above and this thread, but had spent the past hour or so reading through each of these posts and your journey and can personally say I found it very fascinating and helpful. Have been thinking of getting a HT over the past few months and have stumbled on to this site in the process. This has definitely made me think twice about just paying over some cash and just jumping in! I'm now 26 and so a similar age to when you started all of this.

Just wanted to reach out to you and say thanks a lot for documenting all of this and good luck with whatever you decide in the future.

...hopefully Tracy will come along soon and set everything straight...

Hey, thanks for the message,

Yeh I look back on this thread occasionally when i'm feeling nostalgic.

It definitely was a journey, working in a office the majority of my life I notice guys take quite an interest in my hair, and you can see the cogs turning when there thinking why has he got a little bit of spare hair infront of his natural hairline, I still style to try and hide it but it becomes harder each year.

I'd say I've even experienced bullying in the workplace where you will see guys look/smirk/gossip, it's definitely not to be underestimated the impact a transplant can have on your life, when I did it in 2012 the whole process was not in the mainstream, I remember walking threw the airport in Turkey with a head bandage and it's not an exaggeration to say every person was looking at my head, one security guard asking what happened to me? as if I had been attacked, and I told him what it was and he said oh cool, I guess these days it might be a bit different with celebs getting it done a lot.

I've been on and off fin quite a lot due to sides, which is why I haven't had a 2nd or 3rd transplant to increase density, make good on the poor 1st transplant.

Here are some pics today, from the first pic you might think actually this guy has a lot of hair, but in the other pictures you can see what i'm talking about.

My hair generally has started to thin out now, I think i'll probably get back on Fin today lol, I'm 34 now so you can see things do continue to keep changing.Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg

Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	58721Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg

Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	58722Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg

Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	58723

Also it would be good if the original people that used to be on this forum stopped by to say hey, as you just don't seem to hear where they are at or get the same type of engagement these days