+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

I think you are better off without the dermatch.

Do you know what your density in the frontal third happens to be? It looks to be extremely dense and with that being said if I was your doctor I probably would have told you I can’t match the density as it is just to high.

Did you ask about this before having the procedure?

Buzzed down looks fine to me, ...........now .

My only word of caution is that should you lose more hair as you age it may look odd because you had the only sides and a very small area of the front transplanted

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7390

This is something I don't understand why people decide to get a HT they only fill in the area of the loss , like a puzzle and not entire area to compensate for futrue loss . Now you're committed to further HT's should you lose more hair ..........I think

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Buzzed down looks fine to me, ...........now .

My only word of caution is that should you lose more hair as you age it may look odd because you had the only sides and a very small area of the front transplanted

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7390

This is something I don't understand why people decide to get a HT they only fill in the area of the loss , like a puzzle and not entire area to compensate for futrue loss . Now you're committed to further HT's should you lose more hair ..........I think
    are HT worth it?

it looks significantly more receeding without dermatch on the temples, as there is a tiny bit of hair there for it to cling onto dermatch makes it look like a norwood 1 almost, although i realise i need to watch how much i put on as it is a bit darker than my regular hair, i've attached pics without dermatch, looks much worse i'm sure your agree.

I wouldn't of thought that many people would transplant into areas that aren't bolding, especially with shockloss, i think the majority of people would do it into bolding areas then re-access in 5-10yrs time should you need to.

If I go for a transplant again, I intend to fill in the exact same areas, I have the benefit of seeing my brothers loss at 45, and apart from the bold spot on the top of the head the recession is the same, so I'd of hoped rogaine would take care of the vertex and if i get the temples properly sorted out i'll be in good shape.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 2013-05-19 11.05.44.jpg

Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	21093   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 2013-05-19 11.05.17.jpg

Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	21094   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 2013-05-19 11.05.08.jpg

Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	21095  

Quote Originally Posted by rev3 View Post
    hey jbob

don't kick yourself too hard about the place you went to in turkey.
    there are PLENTY of people you went to "known" docs and have had less than stellar results, leaving gaps and non-growth areas like yours (esp. when it comes to FUE) with these docs offering a second pass for free

so know it happens to EVERY doc. sometimes there is just no telling why.

looking at the positives: you weren't butchered, you didn't pay too much and you didn't waste too many grafts.

i know it is frustrating since you did not have good growth (esp on one side) but hey you made it though almost to 18 months and this is fixable

not sure you are in the US but have you consulted with Konior in chicago
    Good post. I agree. Lets take the positives. His hair does look good and I think he should inquire about dense packing the area .

Looks b etter buzzed down without and concealer
    With the concealer your hair looks painted

"If I go for a transplant again, I intend to fill in the exact same areas, I have the benefit of seeing my brothers loss at 45"

If you do go , I think you need to fill in the front 1/2 not just the temples .

It's going to look odd if you lose more .......but that's just my opinon.

Jimbob, I always thought you looked just great with length to your hair and no concealers at all.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Hey All,

I'm taking a trip down memory lane with posting on this thread, but hopefully your all still alive

So I had 2,400 FUE in Turkey in 2011, over 5 1/2 years ago now...

I've never really been happy with the results, and my hairloss has progressed which now makes my transplanted hair all alone and a bit ridiculous looking, I've been wanting to get another transplant for a while now but haven't bothered yet.

I'm just wondering what you guys think I should do, I've been using regaine for a couple of years, was twice a day but now once a day, I applied it near the front of my hairline and back to my crown, but I can't really say I've noticed any improvement and i'm not certain it is really do anything, i'm down to my last bottle and i'm thinking about packing it in.

Also with Finasteride I was cutting up the 5mg and taking it in 0.5mg-1mg doses on and off, so for example I've had a couple of months break, libido would come back great, then started worrying about hair again and started taking it, so it's been inconsistent but I have been taking it here and there, i'm now coming towards the end of that aswell and i'm wondering if it's worth getting anymore as I do feel fatigued, lack energy and no interest in sex when I take it. I'm thinking maybe buying the standard 1mg, and cut it down into 0.25mg instead of 1mg-0.5mg daily.

My hair density has thinned the last few years and if I stand under the light I look bold near the front due to poor density, and the widows peak has got bigger, and also my crown is starting to look thinner.

What do you guys reckon, worth getting another Hair transplant on temples/front and ask for a bit on the crown? could I get decent coverage with what hair I've got left? how many grafts would I need?

I think FUE has gotten a lot better since I went, I'm a bit worried about going back to Istanbul this time with the political turmoil though.

Here's where i'm at...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg

Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	53470   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg

Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	53471   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg

Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	53472  

wow what happened to this website? back in the day you were guaranteed a reply if you posted something half interesting