+ Reply to Thread

Default Male pattern baldness - diets

Hello everyone,

I'd just like to ask if anyone of you have made the experience that diets speed up male pattern baldness?

Greetings

Inactive

Hello,
    I'm trying to do the very opposite, I'm piling up what should be the anti-DHT diet. Certain foods and ingredients are reported to have anti-DHT properties. For example, avocados, nuts, cocoa are the richest sources of beta sitosterol..

Hi there,

Maybe this list might be of some help to you.

http://www.healthyfellow.com/236/nat...ale-hair-loss/

Weather or not it'll help your hair loss I do not know, but healthy diet and exercise will improve your health, mood and scent.

Default Diet and Baldness

I never heard of this issue connecting diet to baldness. If this is the case, then, I need to consult with my dietician. Thanks for this info, you got me a little worried there but, hey, it is so enlightening.

Inactive

I don't think that diet alone plays any major role in developing or progressing Male Pattern Baldness. Its the genes ! While some guys without bald genes eat rubish unhealthy diets and have full set of brilliant hair.. others with bald genes and top notch healthy diets end up bald anyway.

But also that beeing said, some types of rare 'foods' and compunds I believe can slow down or to a degree even fight the process. Also these anti-DHT and anti-5-alpha reductase foods and ingredients aren't exactly part of regular diets !

Please google up anti-DHT or anti-5-alpha reductase foods.
    For example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-alpha...tase_inhibitor

Many chemical compounds in nature are able to inhibit 5α-reductase, such as those found in the Reishi mushroom Ganoderma lucidum.[4][10][11] Ganoderic acid[12] or organoderol B may be the active compounds.[13]
    Medium chain fatty acids such as those found in coconut and the kernel of many palm fruits have also been found to inhibit 5α-reductase.[14]
    Other herbs include:
    Angelica koreana[15][16]
    Impatiens balsamina[17]
    Brassica rapa (pollen)[18]
    Cuscuta reflexa[19]
    Euphorbia jolkinii[20][21]
    Ganoderma lucidum[22]
    Polygonum multiflorum[23]
    Piper nigrum (leaf extract)[24]
    Pygeum africanum[25]
    Serenoa repens or saw palmetto (active substance possibly lauric acid[26])[27][28]
    Pinus sp. (resin, active substance abietic acid)[29]
    Sophora flavescens[30]
    Torilis japonica[31]
    Thuja occidentalis[32]
    Spore of Lygodium japonicum[33]

I myself currently use 480mg of beta sitosterol. Saw palmetto which is on this list is often said to be much much weaker than beta sitosterol. The point I believe is to find a few strongest natural inhibitors and stick to them for months to see if they work. Its the hard way, but its the same even with minox and propecia. The major benefit however would be avoiding drugs side effects, natural inhibitors if used in right dosages I believe are much less likely to leave significant or permanent side effects and damage. Cost too should be much lower rhan with generic drugs.

Inactive

I soon plan to include ganoderma lucidum along with my beta sitosterol.

Full study pdf here: http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bpb/29/2/392/_pdf
    RESULTS AND DISCUSSION
    In our previous screening of 19 edible and medicinal
    mushrooms, we discovered that the EtOH extract of the fruiting body of G. lucidum showed the strongest 5a-reductaseinhibitory activity. 5,6)

The results are shown in Table 1. a-Linolenic acid, known
    as a naturally occurring potent inhibitor, was used as a positive control. It should be noted that finasteride, 17) which is known as a potent steroidal inhibitor, showed an IC50 of 0.73 mM in our assay system. Ganoderic acid DM (1) and 5alanosta-7,9(11),24-triene-15a,26-dihydroxy-3-one (2) showed stronger inhibitory activity than did a-linolenic acid.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16462054
    5alpha-reductase inhibitory effect of triterpenoids isolated from Ganoderma lucidum.
    Liu J, Kurashiki K, Shimizu K, Kondo R.
    Source
    Department of Forest and Forest Products Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812-8581, Japan.
    Abstract
    5alpha-Reductase inhibitory activity-guided fractionation of the EtOH extract of the fruiting body of Ganoderma lucidum (LEYSS.:FR.) KARST. (Ganodermataceae), which is called Reishi, or Mannentake in Japan and Lingzhi in China, led to the isolation of two active compounds which were ganoderic acid DM and 5alpha-lanosta-7,9(11),24-triene-15alpha,26-dihydroxy-3-one with an IC(50) of 10.6 microM and 41.9 microM respectively. A carboxyl group of side chain of ganoderic acid DM is essential to elicit the inhibitory activity because of much less activity of its methyl ester.
    PMID: 16462054 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

actually you guys would be surprised i did some research myself and if you have a bad diet (crash dieting) meaning you eat VERY littlee it can cause mph aswell as hair loss all over body etc.