+ Reply to Thread

Default Any Experience of Stopping Propecia after long term use and Massive Hairloss?

Is catchup hair loss real? Can you really go from semi-full head of hair to bald? I'm interested in someone's real experience with this? Or, did you stop after many years of use to find out your hair thinned some but not much?

I've used propecia for 14 years and am worried about new studies showing permanent effects of erectile dysfunction. Been off propecia now for 11 weeks and counting....(fingers crossed)

Do you think starting Minoxidil could take the place of propecia and have same results?

IM 65 quit for 6 months. I lost a lot of hair now Im back on.
    Just go back to propecia or you'll be sorry. I am.

14 years on , and your now worried?

Well - the worry now is that there have been new studies (from endocrinologists at respected universities) showing permanent erectile dysfunction. Merck recently updated side effects (in the last 6 months) to include "erectile dysfunction that persisted even AFTER discontuing the medicine". And, Merck has recently shut down the propecia website and included a link at the bottom to report side-effects to the FDA. And maybe not so important, but sudden class-action lawsuits that are now appearing in relation to the drug.

Now, as a 14-year user who did NOT experience sexual problems I would like to continue the medicine to keep my hair. But - I am concerned (as any SANE normal MAN in his sexual prime) would be.

Quote Originally Posted by blakes33 View Post
    Well - the worry now is that there have been new studies (from endocrinologists at respected universities) showing permanent erectile dysfunction. Merck recently updated side effects (in the last 6 months) to include "erectile dysfunction that persisted even AFTER discontuing the medicine". And, Merck has recently shut down the propecia website and included a link at the bottom to report side-effects to the FDA. And maybe not so important, but sudden class-action lawsuits that are now appearing in relation to the drug.

Now, as a 14-year user who did NOT experience sexual problems I would like to continue the medicine to keep my hair. But - I am concerned (as any SANE normal MAN in his sexual prime) would be.
    i would stick to medication.If it hasn't given you side effects after 14 years it's almost certain that it never will.You can continue taking it for 2-3 years to see how future treatments like histogen/aderans/replicel/follica go and how propecia trials go.