• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StressedToTheBald
    Inactive
    • Jan 2012

Artas

Has anyone heard anything about ARTAS ?
    It sounds like a transplant, but the article isn't too specific.. No costs or details of the procedure either..
    Here is what I've found:

New hair restoration op promises to make baldness history
    Friday January 13, 2012

The ARTAS System is touted by scientists as the latest and most promising treatment for permanent hair regrowth in men suffering from male pattern baldness.

The new baldness treatment, approved by the US Food & Drug Administration and developed by America’s top hair restoration surgeons, involves only a minimal invasive procedure, implying that it could be the best option for those looking for a long-term yet pain-free hair loss treatment.

Commenting on the unique benefits of the ARTAS System, the experts note that it scores over prescription-based anti-balding pills such as Propecia and Rogaine when it comes to offering a long-term solution to hair loss.

121doc learns that the proposed baldness treatment can work in as little as a year, helping an individual get over the physical, psychological, and social issues commonly associated with hair loss. The technique involves implantation of healthy hair follicles to the damaged areas on the scalp. Given the patient responds well to the treatment, hair regrowth can be visible in a few months.

Vincent DeLany, who recently received the ARTAS treatment, admitted that he is now happy and confident about his appearance. James Harris, MD, of the Hair Sciences Center of Colorado, resonated with conviction, affirming the doctors are extremely "pleased with the results – which were consistent with what we saw during the clinical trial across a broad group of patients".

One of the most heartening aspects of the treatment, according to Dr Harris, is that men can grow completely natural-looking hair without any visible mark of incision on their scalp.
  • Denverguy
    • Jan 2012

I have had work done by ARTAS

Hey there, I have had work done by the ARTAS system, what questions do you have?

Comment

• fitness-man
      • May 2011

DenverGUY - Dr. Harris?

I also had work done but just a test...got my appointment scheduled with DR.H and the robot.

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
        Inactive
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Denverguy
        Hey there, I have had work done by the ARTAS system, what questions do you have?
        Well is this something completely new, how it compares to FUE, FUT etc. ? Is it a hair transplant or something else ? Whats the basics of the procedure and average costs..

Comment

• Denverguy
          • Jan 2012

HSC Denver

Yes, I had my procedure done by Dr Harris at the Hair Sciences Center here in Denver. Have you had one yet?

Comment

• Tracy C
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by StressedToTheBald
            Has anyone heard anything about ARTAS ?

Comment

• fitness-man
              • May 2011

Denverguy - i only had the test procedure done due to my ethnicity. i have it scheduled for April.

how did your transplant go? any pics? how many graphs? details?

Comment

• Denverguy
                • Jan 2012

Well is this something completely new, how it compares to FUE, FUT etc. ? Is it a hair transplant or something else ? Whats the basics of the procedure and average costs..
                It is basically FUE, but is performed in a much quicker and precise method. The robot takes the hair out and technicians plant them. I have had FUE and ARTAS and I prefer ARTAS.

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
                  Inactive
                  • Jan 2012

Found it, its FUE, but aided by some new tech..

Comment

• Denverguy
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by fitness-man
                    Denverguy - i only had the test procedure done due to my ethnicity. i have it scheduled for April.

how did your transplant go? any pics? how many graphs? details?
                    I got close to 1000 grafts I believe, the procedure went great. I have had multiple types of surgeries all performed by Dr Harris (I would not go anywhere else personally) and the ARTAS is by far the easiest and quickest. I have had in total probably 2500-3000 grafts over the last 4 years and have a full head of hair now. I just need a little more volume on the crown and then i should be done for good.

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
                      Inactive
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Denverguy
                      It is basically FUE, but is performed in a much quicker and precise method. The robot takes the hair out and technicians plant them. I have had FUE and ARTAS and I prefer ARTAS.
                      Thanks for reply. Do You think ARTAS will become mainstream ?
                      If I ever manage to save up enough money, this does sound as a better option than plain FUE, with more high tech involved, the overall procedure should be more precise and results more perfect. When I read about FUE - the major compaint is that its more complicated to perform than FUT - I guess the technology should help in that sense.

Comment

• Denverguy
                        • Jan 2012

Yep, that's it-Dr Harris is the man-best Dr in the US for Hair Restoration and (I think) the only current Dr in the US utilizing ARTAS at this time.

Comment

• Denverguy
                          • Jan 2012

Thanks for reply. Do You think ARTAS will become mainstream ?
                          If I ever manage to save up enough money, this does sound as a better option than plain FUE, with more high tech involved, the overall procedure should be more precise and results more perfect. When I read about FUE - the major compaint is that its more complicated to perform than FUT - I guess the technology should help in that sense.
                          I think it will become mainstream, I was the first patient to get to use the ARTAS system upon FDA approval with Dr Harris at HSC and am looking forward to my next surgery-it's pretty amazing and the results are astounding man

Comment

• Denverguy
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by fitness-man
                            DenverGUY - Dr. Harris?

I also had work done but just a test...got my appointment scheduled with DR.H and the robot.
                            Looking forward to hearing about your procedure and comparing notes. It's pretty amazing

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
                              Inactive
                              • Jan 2012

Here are the before and after photos:

Denverguy, what are the average costs per graft ?

Comment

Working...