+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Artas

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    OK, well let's call a truce on the whole finasteride disagreement and compare notes. I have started a regimen of:

- Green tea extract
    - Apple cider vinegar (taken orally)
    - Pumpkin seed oil
    - Biotin
    - Inositol
    - MSM
    - Topical emu oil
    - Adding in (1 at a time) - Saw Palmetto, beta sitosterol, stinging nettle, pygeum
    - Thinking about resveratrol and circumin

I still wish I could just take a quarter or a half a milligram of finasteride and avoid all this but I cannot take any drugs right now. If this natural regimen works for me I'll be more than happy to stick with it.
    I see we have a lot in common after all. All right, truce.
    I use plenty of those, some used on and off..

- Green tea. Grand stuff(antioxidants, catechins). I drink it, but extract is better, much more potent - actually up to 7 times more potent as far as I recall, so I am planning to add extract soon as well.
    - ACV. Used it on and off, orally even up 3x daily dissolved in water. Used it topically as well. ACV should play a role most likely for fighting inflamation plus boosting circulation. Also research praises B2 procyanidin, I hope ACV contains it, at least some. Anyway, I'm starting on it again, been to the store yesterday, got myself 4 bottles of ACV, 2 with nettle extract, 2 with garlic extract (stinks like hell itself to be honest).
    - Pumpkin seed oil. Used it, currently out, but I have stripped pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin oil is reported to block DHT.
    - Biotin. Don't expect miracles. I used up to 10,000 units(a lot!) for a good amount of time, no miraculous results. Now I use it still, but in much lower doses, purely as an addition to the rest of the stuff.
    - Inositol. Used it a bit. Still have some left, would like to use much more but its hard to find or order where I am. I'd go with 1000mg + daily.. Caffeine kills inositol btw, if You drink lots of coffee, maybe take even more.
    - MSM. Use it, several grams daily. Also I have a topical 10% MSM warming balm, with herbs, vitamin E and what else not. What I'd really like to add is DMSO - and use it topically, but again its not available here and its a problem to order. Anyway, folicles are said to accept only DMSO form of MSM.
    - Emu Oil. Never used it, never will. I'm a hardcore vegan, so nothing animal derived is an option for me.
    - Saw Palmetto. Use it, 300mg daily. Not sure what my concentration is.. its not on the label. Beware - 300mg of 95% extract is not the same as 300mg 45% extract.
    - Beta Sitosterol. Use it. 510mg daily. Plus I try to include some rare foods that include beta sitosterol.. avocados go with 75mg per 100g, pistachios go with nearly 200mg per 100g etc.
    - Stinging nettle. Used it, use it on and off as tea, I guess 1000mg+
    - Pygeum Africanum. Use it, 200mg daily. Its another reported DHT fighter.
    - Curcumin. Use it, roughly once daily via my curry spice powder.
    - Resveratrol. Haven't used it. But I'd like too. Also I need grape seed extract, which I have used in the past.
    ===
    I've been out of some things, been shopping, finally more proteins. Anyway heres some more recommendations I use on and off:
    - Arginine. Now will use 3500mg+ daily, via protein shakes. Boosts nitric oxide and blood flow to hairs !
    - Cysteine. Now will use 1000mg+ daily, via protein shakes. Hair growth and structure protein I think.
    - B100. Complex of all B Vitamins, each at least 100mg, also contains blend of green foods(alfa-alfa etc.)
    - Vitamin C. I use 1500mg now, its time release + 200mg of bioflavonids.
    - Full Spectrum Minerals. Its all minerals, 1000mg calcium, 500mg magnesium etc.
    - Advanced Nutrition Complex (Multivitamins + Minerals)
    - Black Pepper. Underestemated spice.
    - Silica. Use it on and off via tea.
    - Green, Black, White Tea. They're brilliant actually, very rich in antioxidants, plus reported for DHT blocking.
    - Ginko Biloba. Used it in the past. Just bought a bottle of liquid alcoholic extract. Good both to drink and put on scalp.

Coming soon.. I plan to include ganoderma lucidum(reishi), ging seng etc.
    I have great faith in ganoderma, I've seen study and graph - it blocks up to 50% DHT. Ain't cheap but might be the part of the TOP 3 along with beta sitosterol and saw palmetto.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    - Biotin. Don't expect miracles. I used up to 10,000 units(a lot!) for a good amount of time, no miraculous results. Now I use it still, but in much lower doses, purely as an addition to the rest of the stuff.
    I've been on this for a while. It does not help with loss, but it does seem to make the quality of my hair better.

- Inositol. Used it a bit. Still have some left, would like to use much more but its hard to find or order where I am. I'd go with 1000mg + daily.. Caffeine kills inositol btw, if You drink lots of coffee, maybe take even more.
    I get mine from GNC online. I use the powder, which I am told is the best.

- Emu Oil. Never used it, never will. I'm a hardcore vegan, so nothing animal derived is an option for me.
    Ha. I've actually been a strict vegan too, for almost 20 years. However, due to my other health issues, I have recently added a some fish oil products and I guess I am somewhat of a hypocrite when it comes to external products.

I'm also going to try a product called Viviscal. It has a lot of seemingly legit testimonials online and I have had two reputable doctors tell me they actually think it is a good treatment. However, it does contain fish oil products so this probably wouldn't work for you.

Inactive

I've found alternative solution to fish oil (omega 3 problem). Its flax seed oil & flax seeds, rich in omega 3 and probably the only vegan herbal answer to avoiding fish oil. Most people indeed think that the only source of omega 3 is fish oil. Yesterday I got a bottle of flax again, I usually take it twice daily.

Also, I've read Dr. Weil's thoughts on hair loss. He suggests trying GLA - gamma linoleic acid.. its very rare actually, found in few herbs only.. one solution for this is evening primrose oil.

Haven't heard of Viviscal, but if it contains fish oil, You're right, its not really for me to try it out.

off topic, but why go that extreme with veganism?? You're not saving the planet... In a time it took me to type this message, a thousand pounds of meat have been consumed and a hundred meat eaters have been born...

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    off topic, but why go that extreme with veganism?? You're not saving the planet... In a time it took me to type this message, a thousand pounds of meat have been consumed and a hundred meat eaters have been born...
    Who said anything about saving the planet and why on Earth do you care what I eat? I could care less what you eat. I don't like meat and I feel better when I eat a vegan diet, so there you go.