+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Artas

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Denverguy View Post
    It is basically FUE, but is performed in a much quicker and precise method. The robot takes the hair out and technicians plant them. I have had FUE and ARTAS and I prefer ARTAS.
    Thanks for reply. Do You think ARTAS will become mainstream ?
    If I ever manage to save up enough money, this does sound as a better option than plain FUE, with more high tech involved, the overall procedure should be more precise and results more perfect. When I read about FUE - the major compaint is that its more complicated to perform than FUT - I guess the technology should help in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    Yep, that's it-Dr Harris is the man-best Dr in the US for Hair Restoration and (I think) the only current Dr in the US utilizing ARTAS at this time.

Thanks for reply. Do You think ARTAS will become mainstream ?
    If I ever manage to save up enough money, this does sound as a better option than plain FUE, with more high tech involved, the overall procedure should be more precise and results more perfect. When I read about FUE - the major compaint is that its more complicated to perform than FUT - I guess the technology should help in that sense.
    I think it will become mainstream, I was the first patient to get to use the ARTAS system upon FDA approval with Dr Harris at HSC and am looking forward to my next surgery-it's pretty amazing and the results are astounding man

Quote Originally Posted by fitness-man View Post
    DenverGUY - Dr. Harris?

I also had work done but just a test...got my appointment scheduled with DR.H and the robot.
    Looking forward to hearing about your procedure and comparing notes. It's pretty amazing

Inactive

Here are the before and after photos:
    http://www.hsccolorado.com/***PhotosBeforeandAfter.aspx

Denverguy, what are the average costs per graft ?

About 8/Graft average and worth every penny man!

Seriously, if you are interested in the best surgeon in this field and the most cutting edge technology I highly recommend Dr James Harris at HSC, I would not let anyone else touch my head after working with him over the past 3-4 years. You have to be really careful about who you go to for this type of procedure. I have seen guys with bad results and it costs a fortune to fix-if you get it done get it done right the first time and go to HSC. I cannot recommend Dr Harris enough-he gave me a full head of hair that looks amazing!

Here is some additional info on ARTAS as well, I may have seen it further up but if not here it is again: http://www.hsccolorado.com/ArtasSystem.aspx

Inactive

Appreciate the info. Although still way above my budget, it is more favourable than high end European prices. If I ever manage to save up enough, who knows..

Appreciate the info. Although still way above my budget, it is more favourable than high end European prices. If I ever manage to save up enough, who knows..
    Yea, it's an investment for sure but when it comes to a physical change to your looks you just have to be really careful man. I'd suggest doing a little at a time if that is more cost effective. It's something you can do over several years and that way you can break the cost up if that makes it easier. Let me know if you have any other questions about the procedure with ARTAS, FUE or the strip method-I have had all 3 over the past 3-4 years.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Denverguy View Post
    Yea, it's an investment for sure but when it comes to a physical change to your looks you just have to be really careful man. I'd suggest doing a little at a time if that is more cost effective. It's something you can do over several years and that way you can break the cost up if that makes it easier. Let me know if you have any other questions about the procedure with ARTAS, FUE or the strip method-I have had all 3 over the past 3-4 years.
    I hear You. It is true. I mean it is once in a lifetime procedure and if I ever save up to do it, I want the best surgeon in the world.. one has to be careful when making a choice. Also, thats interesting idea about breaking up the cost in time, although I'm not sure if small amount of grafts is worth it.. I guess it takes many grafts for change to be visible.

One question please, You said You've done all three methods - FUT too ? If I ever do it, I'd never accept FUT, as I am very prone to scarring ! How did You cope and do You feel FUE and ARTAS FUE are much better and advanced ? I feel that FUT doesn't belong in the 21st century - most surgeons do it - but I believe not because its better, but because fewer surgeons have the skill for FUE. FUE is much more complicated, and for results to be right - surgeon has to be an artist ?