Threaded View

Inactive

Exclamation Struggle To Defeat Baldness (Norwood 4-5)

Hello,
    This is my first baldness forum to join, I'm becoming desperate, I'd like to share my own story and learn from the experience of others.

I think I never had a good set of hair in my life. Early on, I sadly never paid too much attention to it, and now when I entered my 30s and became aware of my lack of healthy hair, I believe it might be too late as I have already lost too much. Most likely my hair was receding even before my 20s, and in my 20s I used high doses of accutane for my skin condition - that only could have added more negative potential to my poor genes that most certainly carry MPB. Now in my 30s - my frontal lines are extremely receding, what I have in front is very thin hair and my crown is very bald with only thin patch of hair remaining. I've looked at the Norwood scale - I'm at least 4 if not 5 !

[img=http://img154.imagevenue.com/loc388/th_102154609_StressedToTheBald_122_388lo.JPG]

On and off I tried all the natural stuff out there, trying to avoid minoxidil and propecia. Again, on and off I tried saw palmetto tea, B vitamins, apple cider, shampoos, herbal lotions, teas.. nothing really worked in terms of regrowing. At best, what hair I had left might have felt stronger, but no regrowth. Some stuff I got bored with after weeks or few months, so I can't be 100% sure if something could have made a difference if I had continued to use it. I remember, on and off, I used high doses of Biotin, up to 10,000 units daily - but that didn't work for me either.

I don't think my hairs are gone, when I come extremely close in the mirror, there are barely noticable discoloured tiny hairs - but they simply don't grow nor they turn to the colour of the rest of my hair.

I'm currently on beta sitosterol, trying to go up to 480mg daily, also use MSM topical cream 10% and MSM tabs 1000mg - I ran out of those currently btw. I also try to use anti-DHT stuff, like nettle teas, I drink apple ciders with 5% extract of garlic and nettle separately, use B 100mg complex, C, full spectrum minerals etc. At times, before shower I use garlic juice topical. I'm vegan, so I eat plenty of soy too, and I use protein isolates - which include high dosages of arginine and other amino acids..

But all in all and so far, very very tough luck !
    I am considering starting minoxidil 5% if I don't see any results soon with my current regimen..