Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 25 going on 65
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by WarLord
    Yes, minoxidil doesn't prevent the attack of hair follicles by DHT. If you quit minoxidil, you will be very quickly in the state, where you would have been without minoxidil (which means that you could go from NW1.5 to NW5 within several months). So, hair preserved by minoxidil is a "zombie hair". But the most important thing is that minoxidil keeps the hair in the growing phase, possibly by increasing the levels of PGE2 (which counterbalances the negative effect of PGD2).

In short, the attack of hair follicles by DHT leads to a chain of chemical reactions, whose result is a "dead" follicle. But it doesn't matter, what a part of this chain you block by an anti-hairloss treatment. You can start at the beginning (by blocking DHT), in the middle (by decreasing PGD2), or at the end (by increasing PGE2).
    I see what you're saying. Good explanation.
    Question....when you say minoxidil "keeps hair in the growing phase," you mean it makes hair able to regrow after the telogen phase, right? (ie the hair still goes through the usual anagen/catagen/telogen phases) As opposed to preventing the hair from entering catagen/telogen?

Comment

• konfusion
      • May 2012

Originally posted by WarLord
      If you feel that it is not as effective as it should be, then you should add something to your regimen.
      Actually I did more than to add something, I started Dut. It's the 4th month so I cannot really tell the difference. Apart from that I use Nizo twice a week (some weeks once). I will never use Minox again. I do not argue that it is good for the majority but it is not the thing for me. My hair took a big hit in 7 moths with minox. A thing about minox, when I applied the liquid it would somehow drip and flow all the way to my left eyebrow (always the left one I don't know why), and I would just rub it with my finger and some months later there was a bald spot on my eyebrow!!

Comment

• guygroomes12
        • Oct 2012

Warlord that was pretty genius. So basically with nizoral or current treatments like finasteride we are attacking DHT. How do do we attack the middle of the chain or the end. Minox would be one of the only ways then?

Comment

Working...