+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Can anyone say something constructive regarding efficacy of saw palmetto?

Any success stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Of course not. Don't even think about doing that. For thousands of years men have had to come to terms with hair loss. They survived. So can you.

No, I don't work for Merck. I am unemployed at the moment. I don't work for anyone. What I am telling you is reality. Hereditary hair loss is a very difficult problem to resolve. The reason the FDA has only approved two medications for treating hair loss is because no other medications work - or if they do work the possible side effects are unacceptably unsafe.

Think about it, if any pill or lotion other than Finasteride or Minoxidil actually did work, everyone would know about it. It would be all over the news. You would not need to do internet "research" to find it.

The name of this forum is "The Bald Truth Talk". What I am telling you is reality. What I am telling you is the truth. If you don't want someone to tell you the truth, go to another forum.
    Hey Tracy. What do you think of HairOmega 3in1/DHT inhibitor? I've just ordered another 3 mos supply. I did research it and found a few good reviews on it. I think it definitley slowed the shedding down. I don't notice any re-growth of course but they dont claim that.

Quote Originally Posted by rupe View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with natural DHT blockers? I have come across one called HLCC Scripts Complete.

The company's web site says it has NO side effects. It says the following about how it works compared to propecia:

HLCC: Blocks androgen receptors so DHT doesn't bind to hair follicles
    Propecia: Stops 5 alpha reductase from converting Testosterone to DHT

Here is a link to the site: http://www.hlcconline.com/001HLCOMP30.html

I am seriously considering this as propecia caused me to have side effects. I am struggling to find reviews though. Thoughts please?
    Hey Rupr. I checked out that site. Interesting products but whats up with the price?? $95 for 5% minoxidil? Thats crazy. The 15% gel they have looks promising but requires an Rx. I'd hate to see the price on that!

Thanks for your encouragement Mirage! I guess that has to be the aim, to do as much as possible to at least stop or slow down the hair loss.

Thanks for your encouragement Mirage! I guess that has to be the aim, to do as much as possible to at least stop or slow down the hair loss.
    Rupe. Check out HairOmega 3 in1. It's an overpriced version of Saw Palmetto (as Tracy would say haha) but it seems to be working good for me. It's only about $25 for a mo supply. You can order 3 bottles for cheaper on Amazon ect. Just Google HairOmega and read the reviews for yourself. I've been using it for about 4 mos now.

Quote Originally Posted by jayth View Post
    Rupe. Check out HairOmega 3 in1. It's an overpriced version of Saw Palmetto (as Tracy would say haha) but it seems to be working good for me. It's only about $25 for a mo supply. You can order 3 bottles for cheaper on Amazon ect. Just Google HairOmega and read the reviews for yourself. I've been using it for about 4 mos now.
    Thanks, what is your regimen jayth?

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post

Any success stories?

Any success stories?

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post

Any success stories?
    Clandestine, as stated above, yes the product I take is a Saw palmetto based product. It seems to be working pretty good for me. Check it out. HairOmega 3in1.

Default How is the treatment regimine working out?!

I am excited about my new regimen now. Minoxodil began yesterday, Nizoral ordered online, I will purchase a HairMax LaserComb online and tomorrow I will buy Saw Palmetto at pharmacy. Surely if I do get side effects from it, they are natural and so no "post-finasteride" syndrome.
    Hey Rupe

I was keen to know if you stuck with your regimine of Nizoral, Saw Palmetto and the laser comb.

Was it as effective as finpecia?

OldSchool on the baldtruth forum.

Thanks
    Last edited by Winston; 11-12-2014 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Personal contact info removed. Please refer to our posting policies.

My God. Would you like me to just kill myself?

You must be a propecia marketer!
    Hi Rupe , I understand your concern , I have read the posts of Tracy for years and he/she believe in FDA approved products and it doesn't mean the marketer ! anyhow , Regard to your hairloss concern why you don't consider Lipogaine ? Although it has minoxidil 5 % on it , It has pretty much all the important stuff in Revivogen on it with reasonable price ! I personally tried both revivogen and lipogiane and I can say Lipogaine is much more legit and better quality than revivogen with better price. Just check the ingredients on their website and then you will figure it out ! For sure I'm not a marketer of them since I don't use it at this moment ! Lol