+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair Transplant costs

How much would it have cost to have Wayne Rooney's HT done by an IAHRS recommended Surgeon in USA/Canada?

I ask this as I am at a similar stage to he was before surgery.

I really need some estimates.

I have noticed there are also surgeons in Belgium, what are their prices like?

Thank You

I don't recall exactly how many Wayne had but if I recall it was about 2000 grafts. In that case you're looking at about 10K to 17K depending on the doctor and the technique (FUE or strip).
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

I am looking at FUE (more expensive I know but do not want to be butchered).

Not sure why some websites say it cost Rooney 30k and others 12k, its a bit odd. I doubt he paid anything because he advertised the clinic for them. But whether it really cost 30k I don't know.

I have been advised not to have it done here in England anyway.......although Farjo is IAHRS accepted :S

I expect he will be booked up for years anyway after Rooney's help.

I have 25k in the bank so can afford it abroad, if it works for me like it seems to have worked for Rooney my life will be changed forever. Please god! get me back my hair even if I have to spend my savings on it!!!

Hello Sausage.

Where are you from in the Uk? I am from Cheltenham, Gloucestershire (where the races are held).

Wayne Rooney did not have his hair transplant done at Farjo, it was done at another clinic in London called the Harley Street Hair Clinic.

I went for a consultation with Nadeem ( the Harley Street Hair Clinic consultant) and one of their surgeon's roughly a year ago.

The results were reasonable, but i was still sure that there were better surgeons out there who could generate better results.

At the time, my knowledge was ok but not great.

However, after more research, i stumbled across Spex, who is very well known veteren in the hair transplant industry, who posts regularly on the forums.

He is a hair transplant sufferer himself, who lives in Nottingham and i guarantee he is the best source of information in the Uk by a long way.

The man is a great guy and cannot speak highly enough of him, who actually has had Fue himself performed by Dr Feller and Dr Lindsey.

I have met him in person in London, and his hair is superb. My best advice would be to contact him as he is not bias in anyway, and not only will he improve your knowledge considerably, he will help you find the best surgeon for you.

Wayne Rooney's hair transplant was done in May/June time, so he is about 8 months out.

During this time, he has been in the spotlight everyday, due to his status and occupation.

With this intense scrutiny, he must feel under pressure for the result to be positive.

However Sausage, his hair is giving a misleading representation of his ongoing progression since time elapsed , as he was using concealer and dye in his hair from the early stages, to make it appear a lot thicker than it actually was and still has been recently.

The best surgeons do not reside in the Uk and I travelled to New York to have my hair repaired and i am currently 3 months out since surgery.

I hope this helps.

I understand the UK is not the best place to get a HT. I am looking at America and maybe Belgium.

Rooney is 8 months out but theres been no shock loss and no waiting for the hair to grow it pretty much was all there after a few weeks.

The only thing I have noticed is his hair has been light and is now dark, not sure why it went to light apparently this can happen but now his hair has been very dark. I understand this is probably because he is dying his hair/using concealer but when his hair was light what did he have in his hair then? a lighter concealer or nothing?

I have yet to see a photo of Rooney's hair post-op that has looked bad, all the photos I have seen and footage of him on tv his hair looks great even when its been pooring down with rain.

I would love to know what the real result is without concealer, do you think concealer is making his hair look vastly improved? Do you think his hair is pretty thin under that concealer?

I cannot 100% say he is wearing concealer in every photo I have seen of him, I cannot tell. But I don't want to kid myself as I may fall back down to earth when I have a HT and it is thinner than I hoped.

I am from Guildford, Surrey.

As you went ahead with a transplant you must be happy with what a HT can achieve.

How is it going? Are you pleased with your result? did you have Strip or FUE?

How many grafts did you have etc. Please tell me your story and how everythings gone for you, I would love to know. Do you have any photos?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdav View Post
    I posted a reply on that thread....please reply, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post

I have 25k in the bank so can afford it abroad, if it works for me like it seems to have worked for Rooney my life will be changed forever. Please god! get me back my hair even if I have to spend my savings on it!!!
    Is that 25 thousand dollars or pounds? Not that it matters as either should be enough, but if it's pounds then you'll have more left over.

Going abroad doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be more expensive overall. The cost of surgery plus flights and accommodation can easily be equalled by just the surgery costs if the surgeon is more expensive.

The bottom line is, you should see what the docs on your shortlist recommend for graft numbers as that will determine the cost.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    Is that 25 thousand dollars or pounds? Not that it matters as either should be enough, but if it's pounds then you'll have more left over.

Going abroad doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be more expensive overall. The cost of surgery plus flights and accommodation can easily be equalled by just the surgery costs if the surgeon is more expensive.

The bottom line is, you should see what the docs on your shortlist recommend for graft numbers as that will determine the cost.

Its £25,000 GBP. I am managing to save £500 a month (living with parents) so I should have around £27,000 GBP in 4 months time (which is when surgery would happen if I book it soon) I have not convinced myself fully yet to get it done, still more research to do and time to think....

I obviously do not know HT prices in USA/Canada hense my question. But if you say $25,000 USD (which equates to around £16,000) should be enough to have the equivalent of what Rooney got then that sounds good to me, don't get me wrong its expensive but at least I'd have a good chunk of money left.

I don't know if this is stretching it too far but is a Rooney-esque hair transplant + flights + accommodation possible for about £15,000 GBP? I want a decent surgeon, the best if possible so if it costs more I will possibly pay more but if I could do it all for this price that would be great. Flights are only £500, accommodation I don't really want to pay much for + I don't think I'll be spending much else except on food and taxi's.

I'd possibly stay for a week maybe 2 depends how expensive accommodation is.