+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thanks a lot bro. I'll probs do the number 2 next Friday after work and I'll try and post it before I leave on Saturday.

Looking great at 4 months mate. You have done really well with the scar too. Have you seen any early growth yet ?

Cheers mate. To be honest, I have stopped checking day to day all together. At the minute my hair looks fine with a bit of toppik and product so I'm just going about my day to day business and not thinking about it for a few months. Seriously, at one point I was looking for new hairs every day and wishing my life away which is not cool. I am sure you have been there yourself.

I deffinitely have a bit more hair but I held on to a few grafts which never fell out so not sure if it is those or whether new ones are growing. As said. I am not checking at all.

For an idea of why I ain't fussed on checking day to day, here is a picture of how my hair looks at the moment with some toppik and a some product. It probs looks better than most peoples who have decent natural hair. I am just gonna wait another 2 or three months then properly inspect it and hope things are thickening up and growing. Basically, what I hope is that it will look like this without Toppik and that I don't have to cleverly style it to cover up thin spots. Definitely so far so good though at 4 months.

Lastly though, I have practiced and experimented and I am really getting good at styling the hair. I would say this is really important for everyone when recovering from a HT. Get to really know your hair to maximise how it looks. Last week mine was looking pretty crap because the front was a bit long and making the temples look a touch thin. I cut like 7 or 8mm from the front and it totally transformed it making the hairline look thicker.

How was your consultation with the Doc by the way mate? All good? Actually I see you have a thread. I'll post in there.

Ah, one other thing. It must be looking pretty good as I got stopped in the street in East London last week by some photographers who wanted to take a picture of me for some fashion magazine. Really. Haha. The funny thing was that they were all like 22 or 23 and when they asked me I replied sounding surprised as hell and said "You do realise I'mm 33 years old?". hahaha.

****, I wish I wasn't getting old

Quote Originally Posted by spreadlocks View Post
    Ah, one other thing. It must be looking pretty good as I got stopped in the street in East London last week by some photographers who wanted to take a picture of me for some fashion magazine. Really. Haha. The funny thing was that they were all like 22 or 23 and when they asked me I replied sounding surprised as hell and said "You do realise I'mm 33 years old?". hahaha.

****, I wish I wasn't getting old
    Hahaha, lol. Don't worry about it mate, i'm turning 30 next year too. I've always been very insecure about my looks and always end up comparing myself to other guys, which is really sad. But i know most young guys do it to an extent. The truth is you have to compete with other guys for girls. I must admit being single is quite a stressfull lifestyle because you're constantly examining your looks and the looks of guys around you. Just want to get married now so i can forget about this shit !!

Hahaha....anyway, not sure what that paragraph above is about . Man, your hair looks awesome in that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by spreadlocks View Post
    here is a picture of how my hair looks at the moment with some toppik and a some product
    Can you explain how you achieve that look with a bit more detail mate ? I have toppik and DemMatch, but i don't come close to achieving that sort of full look you have achieved. I should be able to as i have a similar amount of hair to you. Thanks dude.

Thumbs up

Looking great mate - great update as usual.

I will upload the video of the scar you sent me shortly - I'm just on catch up since all the London/Dublin consults with Dr Feller.

Best
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Not been online for a couple of days. I'll reply properly after work folly and explain how I have been getting the hair styled.

In the meantime here is my scar update video at 4 months shaved to grade 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    Hahaha, lol. Don't worry about it mate, i'm turning 30 next year too. I've always been very insecure about my looks and always end up comparing myself to other guys, which is really sad. But i know most young guys do it to an extent. The truth is you have to compete with other guys for girls. I must admit being single is quite a stressfull lifestyle because you're constantly examining your looks and the looks of guys around you. Just want to get married now so i can forget about this shit !!
    Dude. I have been with my girlfriend for 7 years and all I can think about is how I wish I was single so I could try and pull chicks before I'm too old. Hahaha. Joking man. Well maybe not. A little bit

Hahaha....anyway, not sure what that paragraph above is about . Man, your hair looks awesome in that pic.
    Can you explain how you achieve that look with a bit more detail mate ? I have toppik and DemMatch, but i don't come close to achieving that sort of full look you have achieved. I should be able to as i have a similar amount of hair to you. Thanks dude.
    Right. Here we go man. I'll do my best. This is all stuff that deffinitely works 100% for me. I would imagine they would work on you too.

There are 3 main areas. The 2nd and 3rd are most important.

1 - The Cut.
    Grow the hair by the temples a bit longer. It will be wispy but the Toppik helps this. However. keep the hair at the very front in the middle a bit shorter. Almost so when the hair is wet and brushed forward it makes a straight line across your forehead. (I find when the hair at the very front in the middle is longer it emphasises the weak temples.) I cut my hair at the front myself every few weeks to achieve what I want.
    Also keep trimming the front but letting the hair on top grow longer so it layers over the front increasing thickness.

2 - The Blow Drying. You must blow-dry. My hair seems literally twice as thick when I blow-dry it. This is a biggie. Whether you want to wear your hair forward or brushed back always dry it forward. When I dry my hair forward it looks way thicker than if I try to dry it back. Not too forcefully forward so it is flat but generally forward. So wave your hands through it and generally blow dry it in a forward direction.

3 - The toppik application. This is the most important. You need to put the Toppik into the hair not on to the hair. With this method you will need to use a lot less Toppik. A real small amount. When I first started using Toppik I would style my hair exactly as I wanted it and tip Toppik into the thin gaps. This just doesn't really work for me. What I do is start about 2 inches behind the hairline, then pull some of the hair back and tip a small amount of toppik "into" the hair. Then I move forward about half an inch and do the same, And again so I am right by the front of the hairline. This massively thickens and helps my hair. I do that all across the hairline and use a little more in the temples as this is where the hair is thinnest.

Hope that all makes sense mate. If it doesn't or you have any questions just hit me up.

Cheers for the reply spreadlocks. A couple of things i realised you're doing differently. One is the way you apply the toppik. It makes sense to apply the toppik perpendicular to the hairline like you're doing, which i have also half-heartedly tried once but found it quite difficult. I just ended up with a toppik peppered forehead. Guess i need to keep practising with it. It will make so much of a difference making each hair in your hairline thicker, as opposed to applying it from the top to hide gaps.

The other major thing you mentioned is cutting the front hairline short to hide the receeding temples. This make a lot of sense but I, like most bald men, am scared of having my hair short. Longer hair feels like an umbrella, where the 'rain' in this analogy is the social pressure of not being bald. I'll keep practising with the toppik and once i'm confident, i'll get my hair cut shorter.

Cheers for the help bro. Enjoy your holiday. You're leaving the week London has a heat wave. LOL !!

It makes sense to apply the toppik perpendicular to the hairline like you're doing, which i have also half-heartedly tried once but found it quite difficult. I just ended up with a toppik peppered forehead. Guess i need to keep practising with it. It will make so much of a difference making each hair in your hairline thicker, as opposed to applying it from the top to hide gaps.
    I use so little with this method mate. Like a couple tiny shakes each time. Deffo not eough to be covering the forehead. If I get a tiny bit on the forehead I just wipe it off with toilet paper.

The other major thing you mentioned is cutting the front hairline short to hide the receeding temples. This make a lot of sense but I, like most bald men, am scared of having my hair short. Longer hair feels like an umbrella, where the 'rain' in this analogy is the social pressure of not being bald. I'll keep practising with the toppik and once i'm confident, i'll get my hair cut shorter.
    I wish I could explain what I mean better because you are not really cutting the hair shorter. All of the hair on top is still growing longer and layering over to make it thicker. It is just the very front row of the front hairs. If you do cut it though you literally need to take of the tiniest tiniest amount to make a difference. Like a couple millimeters.

Cheers for the help bro. Enjoy your holiday. You're leaving the week London has a heat wave. LOL !!
    Tell me about it. Hahaha. Thanks a lot.