+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    Chrisis, i'm just listening to Spencer on the 3/11/2012 show and he said something that really suprised me. He said 99.9% of the people who don't have side effects from propecia in the first week, usually dont get any side effects. He said it at around 25 minutes into the show. You suprised at that ?
    To be blunt I think it's bullshit.

I was fine for 2 months or more before side effects creeped in. For others it's longer. Some don't even realise how much finasteride has affected them until after they stop it and their libido shoots back up.

I'm getting tired of people plucking figures out of their air, whether it's 2% have side effects or 99.9% don't experience them if they're fine after the first week. It's completely unacceptable when the stakes are so high. Why can't everyone just be honest and say we don't know the actual figures, because ultimately we don't. Would these hair loss veterens bet their hair on being right about how widespread and prevalent side effects are? If they're actually reading the forum then I doubt it. It's easy to trumpet the safety of finasteride when it's other people's sexual health at stake because you've been fine.

I also heard Spencer say he'd have chosen his hair over side effects if it was a choice between the two (or words to that effect). This is a pretty frivolous and careless remark. Unless you've experienced the side effects, you have no idea how it feels both physically, and psychologically. His co-host further added towards the end of the show the tired line that side effects are mostly in men's heads. You'd be better off waving a red rag at a bull than tell a guy whose dick died on finasteride that he possibly imagined it. No wonder there are so many angry men on these forums if this the best we can expect from these self-appointed experts.

To be honest, until the show starts to present this issue respectfully, compassionately and with integrity I will probably stop listening. I just get angry every time I hear an instance of ignorance and bad advice. I thought the point of the show was to protect vulnerable men.

@Folly. I shaved my head down to #3 guard last night and took these pics immediately after.

As mentioned though, I have thick hair around my donor site though so this may not work out as well for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post

. His co-host further added towards the end of the show the tired line that side effects are mostly in men's heads.

I tried it Propecia a long time ago and I got the side effects

I want hair but I also want body to fucntion properly

I don't understand these people who come on and say it's safe

It's safe to some people and not to others, They even admit that on the packing that a small percentgage of people may experience such and such

Why is is so difficult for those people who experiene no side effects to at least admit that .

No they come on here and say it's like taking an aspirin .

My suggestion

Try it
    If you get no side effects .GREAT for you

If you do too bad like me

I also suggestion people buzz their head instead of goign for a HT . You'll be fighting hailoss for ever . Even the best HT's look OK after 3 4 , 5 HT's.

My stupid insecurities got the batter of me 12 yrs ago and now Im paying for it pyschologically for the rest of my life . Trying to cope with hairloss , a bald crown , always wondering how I look, if people can tell I had work done etc etc

It's just not worth it

Some of the happiest people are those that dealt with their hairloss headon but buzzing it and moving on with life . Not taking drugs , lotion, potions, surgeries for years on end and spending their life on this forum looking for a solution that will never come

Buzz or shave your head and then get on with life

Don't try to fight , stop something that you can't

Everything you wrote about finasteride I totally agree with, but have to object to the latter part of your post! I've seen some excellent results during my research and it's clear to me that an investment of time and money has given some people a new lease of life. If your hair is important to your image and look, then I definitely think it's worth fighting for.

I think we all care about it to varying degrees. Personally I know I wouldn't suit buzzed hair, or I'd just do it. A guy I work with is very good looking and has hair loss and he just shaved it. Worked fine for him, but his face structure is totally different to mine. I know for a fact I'd not enjoy the same social status I do now in terms of the people I hang out with and date, than if I had no hair. Unfortunately it's a fact that people judge you on how you look and treat you differently if you're not considered "good looking". Just last night I heard one friend say "I don't hang out with ugly people". Shallow maybe? But a brutal truth of life as far as many are concerned.

Everything you wrote about finasteride I totally agree with, but have to object to the latter part of your post! I've seen some excellent results during my research and it's clear to me that an investment of time and money has given some people a new lease of life. If your hair is important to your image and look, then I definitely think it's worth fighting for.

I think we all care about it to varying degrees. Personally I know I wouldn't suit buzzed hair, or I'd just do it. A guy I work with is very good looking and has hair loss and he just shaved it. Worked fine for him, but his face structure is totally different to mine. I know for a fact I'd not enjoy the same social status I do now in terms of the people I hang out with and date, than if I had no hair. Unfortunately it's a fact that people judge you on how you look and treat you differently if you're not considered "good looking". Just last night I heard one friend say "I don't hang out with ugly people". Shallow maybe? But a brutal truth of life as far as many are concerned.
    Show me excellanat results ....send some links by PM
    The results might be excellant " today " but show me the guy 10 yrs later

Yes You would
    No one cares
    Once it's doen ( buzzed , shaved ) no one gives a shit
    The only people that care are ourselves because we are too critical
    You buzz your head and people will tell you it looks better than trying to hide or cover up your hairloss

Dude you sound jaded.

Go to Dr Rahal and Dr Feller's sites for excellent results.

I understand your point about "10 years time", but that's an entire decade bought! If you act today, by 2022 we may very well have some much better options available.

Doing nothing is so defeatest.

Dude you sound jaded..
    Yea
    Im going through a tough couple of months
    Need to re adapt to the new hairloss that's occurring
    Ive been to their sites
    Like I said the pics look good a yr post op ........tell the guys tome back 10 yrs later .let me see how good they still look

Sorry for hi jacking this thread

@spreadlocks

Wow, looks great dude. I think in another few months when the redness goes away, you will barely be able to find it. Doesn't look very wide at all. Is your scar completely level with the rest of your head? Wondering if it is slightly raised or depressed?

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Like I said the pics look good a yr post op ........tell the guys tome back 10 yrs later .let me see how good they still look
    Are you saying this because the patients have further hair loss Dave ? I think if you're on propecia/rogaine after a HT, further loss is very very slow (if at all). And in 10 years from now, i think MPB won't be a problem for those who have money. Too many promising new treatments coming along.

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    Is your scar completely level with the rest of your head? Wondering if it is slightly raised or depressed?
    Ehm. I think it is flat. I can't feel it at all now so I assume it's flat.

Dave52 what about Jotronic? He would be pretty deep in norwood 6 territory if not for the HTs. Ask yourself would you rather shave down or have a head of hair like that? I'd much rather have the head of hair than be norwood 6. Joe actually has quite fine hair but he still has great hair considering every single strand up top is transplanted.