+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Folly, thanks for the update. I wouldn't be so sure it's all in your head and stress-related. I've been off propecia since the end of January and I'm still feeling the side effects. I'm not stressed and I've never experienced this before in my life before I started taking that drug. I'm just hoping in time it goes away. I planned to get back on finasteride at a lower dose once the side effects were totally gone, but the longer it takes the less I'm inclined to ever touch it again.

It's justified that people get angry on this topic because sexual health is so important and I'm a strong believer that advocates of the drug should think before dismissing people like us so casually!

Quote Originally Posted by spreadlocks View Post
    Have you ever lifted weights? I just assume that with high testosterone levels you would probably be able to get really strong and muscular naturally.
    I don't lift weights, but i'm naturally quite bulky/muscley. I do mostly cardio, because i'm only 5'9 and i'm already too bulky to add extra muscle. The strange thing is, i've always had a very broad chest and a lot of muscle on my quads and calves, but i never do any weights for these areas. My muscle mass in these areas NEVER seems to fade. Is this because of high testosterone, i don't know. But i also have a very hairy chest and oily skin, which are also traits of high testosterone. I guess the only advantage of always having high testosterone, was that i have always been very randy since puberty.......up until last year that is. I really hope things go back to normal in the libido department soon.

At least my estrogen levels are down. Maybe i'll be less moody !!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I've been off propecia since the end of January and I'm still feeling the side effects.
    I'm sure you will be ok soon mate. Try not to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    I'm sure you will be ok soon mate. Try not to worry.
    Yeah I'm guessing it's just a matter of time....

Gonna research if there's anything I can do help it along.

I don't lift weights, but i'm naturally quite bulky/muscley. I do mostly cardio, because i'm only 5'9 and i'm already too bulky to add extra muscle. The strange thing is, i've always had a very broad chest and a lot of muscle on my quads and calves, but i never do any weights for these areas. My muscle mass in these areas NEVER seems to fade. Is this because of high testosterone, i don't know. But i also have a very hairy chest and oily skin, which are also traits of high testosterone. I guess the only advantage of always having high testosterone, was that i have always been very randy since puberty.......up until last year that is. I really hope things go back to normal in the libido department soon.

At least my estrogen levels are down. Maybe i'll be less moody !!
    That makes sense man. I know calves are notiriously difficult to build and many people think they are simply pre determined by genetics. I wish I had the problem of being too muscular to do weights. Haha.
    Keep us posted on the fin stuff though man. I'm really hoping it works out for you.

Keep us posted on the fin stuff though man. I'm really hoping it works out for you.
    Cheers bro. I met with Dr. Hasson from H&W today in London. Him and his team were really nice and spent quite a bit of time with me, but i was so bummed after i left the consultation. Dr Hasson looked at my recipient site where i had the FUE and estimated around 40% growth, as he could see the incision sites where no hairs had grown. He also said that i appeared to have a lot more extraction sites in my donor area for someone who only had 1,250 FUE. Jotronic took a video of my donor and it was full of white dots and the density of hair seemed really low (visually). I thought he was showing me someone elses head !! I was told last year that i have above average density in the donor and i didn't think a single 1,250 FUE case would change that, but i appear to be wrong. Dr. Hasson told me i would need another 1,500 grafts to have a dense hairline, but i was a 'repair' patient. That was a real shock to hear him say that, but he is right.

After seeing the back of my head full of these white dots, Jotronic showed me his multiple strip scars which were almost impossible to see on close inspection. At this point, i was thinking, WTF have i done ?? I had an FUE procedure for 1,250 grafts, had 40% growth, the back of my head is full of white dots, it appears a lot more than 1,250 grafts were removed from my donor and now i have a non-virgin scalp making future HT more difficult. If i had just had a strip, i would have had close to 100% growth, more transplanted grafts resulting in a much denser hairline and more than likely had a very acceptable scar, which could have been FUE'd at a later date if need be. Most importantly, i wouldn't be worrying about my hair all the time like i am now and would be out enjoying myself. After seeing what strip scars look like in comparison to these white dots from FUE, i'll never be doing FUE again. I'm sure the best docs can get much better than 40% growth, but i won't be risking it ever again.

Anyway, i was pretty depressed after i left the consultation, but i was told i have a very lax scalp....so that's something positive. Big shout out to Jotronic too. He's such a nice guy and he gave me a lot of good advice. He said it was nice to meet another 'bald truth brother'. LOL. His hair is awesome for someone with such extensive loss and i pray i can get scars as good as his. Thanks to everyone in the H&W team in London today....they were super !!

Glad you got the consultation mate. I can understand that you would be disheartened after hearing that but I guess in some ways they just confirmed what you probably already new deep down. I think you just need to take the attitude that it's all in the past and now you at least know what you need to do to fix your situation if you want to.

As for strip scar, here is a little story I wrote a few weeks ago on another forum.

I had my stip surgery with DR. Feller on 16th Jan. One of my big concerns was the scar as I shave the sides of my head to a 2 guard. However I have really thick hair in my donor region and meeting Spex he said that he thought I’d be fine with the scar. I decided to stick with strip for higher yield and as it is more economical. 2.5 weeks after the surgery on 1st Feb I had the sides of my hair shaved down to a 4 and told the barber that I had a bike accident so I had a big scar. He was really careful and worked around it, however there was a lack of hair growing as expected. 3 weeks after then (Under 6 weeks after the HT) last Friday I went back to get it shaved down again. The barber looked at my head and couldn’t believe it. He couldn’t even find the scar. It took him like 5 minutes. Afterwards he was amazed and said he had never seen anything like it as there was hair growing out of the scar it’s self (Obviously the tricho closure). He said that my doctor must have done an amazing job as he had never seen a scar heal so well and thin on a head. He then shaved my hair down to a grade 3 into a grade 4 and you can see no sign at all (Bear in mind that this is under 6 weeks post op). Finally he asked if he could take a picture as he was amazed that hair could grow out of a scar, and took a picture on his I Phone. Funnily I was on the bus on Saturday night going for a night out when I bumped into him. He was still talking about how amazing it was and even got his phone out to show me the picture again, much to my embarrassment. Haha.
    You know what man. If you are ever in London and wanted to take a look at my 2 month old scar just shout me. If I can do anything to help a fellow hair loss bro out I will.

You know what man. If you are ever in London and wanted to take a look at my 2 month old scar just shout me. If I can do anything to help a fellow hair loss bro out I will.
    Cheers bro, i actually live in London, but after seeing Jotronic's scar today, i can totally imagine how good yours is. If you get a chance, upload a pic of your donor site after you buzz down to a #2 or #3. Can't believe you were buzzing down after 6 weeks....you nutter !! lol

Cheers bro, i actually live in London, but after seeing Jotronic's scar today, i can totally imagine how good yours is. If you get a chance, upload a pic of your donor site after you buzz down to a #2 or #3. Can't believe you were buzzing down after 6 weeks....you nutter !! lol
    No probs man. I'll probs shave down this friday as have a wedding on Sat. Will post you a pic.

Nice one dude. Cheers. Enjoy your wedding.

Chrisis, i'm just listening to Spencer on the 3/11/2012 show and he said something that really suprised me. He said 99.9% of the people who don't have side effects from propecia in the first week, usually dont get any side effects. He said it at around 25 minutes into the show. You suprised at that ?