+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

That density is perfect. I've been noticing how fine hairs give so much more of a natural appearance. Do you fine hair ?

So did Dr.Feller say that this sort of density would be achieved from this single surgery, or will it be from another 'touch up' surgery ?

Nah. I have pretty thick hairs. I think anyway.

Yeah. The doc said he always works at that density in the hairline and that he would be with me. He said that if I needed another surgery it would be if I started to lose hair further back in my head (As in the crown etc. )not to increase density at the front. I specifically said that the density in the hairline was my number one priority and he told me that we would be working at this high density in the front with the 2000 grafts. As mentioned, he later told me that he was able to give me a further 400 grafts for free but these were used to go back into my forelock (which we were originally not going to work on) as he had already worked at high density around the hairline.

Nice one mate. Fingers crossed you'll have great growth and you won't have to think about your hair for many many years.That's all i want from surgery anyway.

Thanks for the update
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

1 Month update. Shedding now guys.

Thanks for the update mate. It's tough when your transplanted hairs initially shed, because you always have a bit of hope that the grafts will stay put.

Your scar looks good. Did you experience any shock loss? Dr. Feller went into quite a lot of native hair. I just read on another post and never actually realised that shock loss is actually speeding up your MPB. If you lose terminal hairs to shock loss after surgery, they come back thinner if you have MPB.....which is a terrible as you've probably fast forwarded your MPB by a few years !!

Cheers man. You are bang on. There is that tiny glimmer of hope that you will avoid the sleep period and just grow through. Haha. Nah. I prepared myself for the shed and to be honest now, it ain’t bothering me that much. Even if I get to where I was pre HT by like 3 months then that gives me enough breathing space to give the new grafts time to grow and mature.
    Really not sure on Shock loss man. It’s hard to say as I was wearing my hair long. If the hair that is in my recipient area now is all native hair then I probably haven’t had much, if any shock loss as it is probs similar to how it was before. If however, some of those hairs are still new grafts that will shed over the coming month, then that will leave my recipient area less dense and will probably mean I had some shock loss. It will be hard to say for another month or so. Actually, on closer inspection there probably is some further back in my recipient area. Not at the very front though yet. Do you know at what timescale shock loss usually occurs? Is it within the first month or later? Fingers crossed, I have managed to skip and severe shock loss.
    As for the donor, again, I am not so sure. I have fairly thick hair which is a few of centimetres long around the side so it’s hard to tell. It certainly doesn’t seem like there is any severe shockloss. I got my girlfriend to take the scar picture and she said that she was struggling to find it (Which is great news as it’s only 1 month out). I saw a guy on another forum who had strip with Feller 6 months ago. He had his hair shaved down to like a 1 guard and his scar was hardly visible. I’ll be ecstatic if mine ends up like that as I’ll be able to shave down to a 2 guard on the sides which is how I like to wear my hair.
    As for the speeding up the MPB thing, I have just tried to stop looking at anything negative online now. The first 2 weeks post op I would read disaster stories n stuff then start getting worried. Then I realised, the op is done, there is nothing I can do about it now and worrying ain’t gonna help hair grow. I have been trying to think about it as little as possible. I understand that you had a less than stellar result from your FUE though man so you need to be considering everything. How has that been by the way? Any progress at all?

Hey dude,

Quote Originally Posted by spreadlocks View Post
    Do you know at what timescale shock loss usually occurs? Is it within the first month or later? Fingers crossed, I have managed to skip and severe shock loss.
    I believe it usually happens within 2-3 weeks, but may also occur within a couple of months post-op.

Quote Originally Posted by spreadlocks View Post
    I understand that you had a less than stellar result from your FUE though man so you need to be considering everything. How has that been by the way? Any progress at all?
    Nah, still no growth. I've accepted that FUE surgery i had last year has been a complete failure. It was just strange how my grafts re-grew (after the initial shed) and then fell out again. Dr. Cole is helping me work out why this happened in another thread, which is kool because he's like the FUE jesus.

Only positive is i've stopped shedding for the past 2.5 months. I've been on propecia for 2.5 months too and not had an initial shed. Hopefully if i make it to 3 months, i don't think i'll have an initial shed. Fingers crossed propecia will help me maintain what i have for a few years.

I remeber you saying you were on propecia too. Has it stoped you losing hair ? Did it stop/slow down your receeding hairline ? Any sides? I thought i've been having a reduced libido lately, but i think it's all in my head.

Cheers.

Man. I am so sorry to hear about the FUE but glad to hear your shedding has stopped with the propecia.

I started propecia about 3 years ago and honestly do not think I have lost any hair whatsoever since being on it. I have pics of how I looked then and it was the same as when I went in for my HT. No hair loss at all for about 3 years. It's why I have never bothered with Minoxidil or Nizoral. Because the finestride has been amazing for me. I also did not have any initial shed with propecia.

Also I have not had any sides at all from it. No loss of libido or issue with erections. In fact, at almost 33 years old I am probably hornier than I have ever been. Haha. I still wake up with morning wood virtually every day.
    There has been twice though when I have had a drop in Libido and immediately I thought "Is it the finestride" but it has merely been times of stress or worry and everything has went back to normal within a couple of weeks. Once was when I was going to lose my job and the other was the week before my surgery when I was nervous. I am pretty sure it is normal not to feel particularly horney during times like that anyway and in hindsight it wasn't anything to do with the finestride.

Of course though, some people do have issues with it so keep an eye.

Glad to hear you've done well with Propecia. I feel like i've had a significant drop in libido since propecia, but like you i've also gone through patches in the past where i'm not horny, purely due to anxiety/stress. I think it's all in my head. Regardless, i'd rather keep my hair and be less horny, if it is in fact the propecia.

Good luck with the growth.