+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

The mega combover. Not amazing but possibly decent enough to see me through at work. Just gonna wear a hat at weekends.

Holy sh#t dude, how the hell have you managed that comb over ? Your procedure was only 2-3 weeks ago right ? And the doc shaved most of your head !! That's ridiculously good !

Thinking of giving up my job to be a hair stylist
    You should bruv !!!

Anyway, i'm quite interested in your case. I met with Spex in London recently too and he's a really nice guy. I'm planning on having a strip with Dr.Feller at the end of the year. I have a similar recession to you, but a bit less. I'm 28. I want to have the 1st inch of my hairline densely packed via strip, but looking at your case, i'm wondering if the doc will add some more density past the 1 inch mark to areas where i'm also slightly minituarising. But i still have very thick hair there so i'm not sure. But you seemed to have thick enough hair in the mid scalp too, so let's see what the doc says. It would be nice to get problematic areas covered in a session when it's not really needed, to prevent/delay future surgeries. As long as it doesn't damage existing native hairs. I had 1,250 FUE grafts about 10 months ago with f#ck all growth. Definitely sticking to strip from now on.

Have your grafts fallen out yet ? Are you using minoxidil on the grafts ?

Congrats mate! Well done - Be patient as a long road ahead but one well worth it

Best
    S
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    Holy sh#t dude, how the hell have you managed that comb over ? Your procedure was only 2-3 weeks ago right ? And the doc shaved most of your head !! That's ridiculously good !

You should bruv !!!

Anyway, i'm quite interested in your case. I met with Spex in London recently too and he's a really nice guy. I'm planning on having a strip with Dr.Feller at the end of the year. I have a similar recession to you, but a bit less. I'm 28. I want to have the 1st inch of my hairline densely packed via strip, but looking at your case, i'm wondering if the doc will add some more density past the 1 inch mark to areas where i'm also slightly minituarising. But i still have very thick hair there so i'm not sure. But you seemed to have thick enough hair in the mid scalp too, so let's see what the doc says. It would be nice to get problematic areas covered in a session when it's not really needed, to prevent/delay future surgeries. As long as it doesn't damage existing native hairs. I had 1,250 FUE grafts about 10 months ago with f#ck all growth. Definitely sticking to strip from now on.

Have your grafts fallen out yet ? Are you using minoxidil on the grafts ?
    Haha. Dude, it was 5 days ago. The procedure was Monday, the pics were Saturday : )

I think there is not much point trying to pre empt what will be said in the consultation. I went over it like 1000 times in my head but until the doc has inspected your hair I guess you will never know how much hair loss you have exactly. My hair in the mid section looked thick in the pics as it was long and all pulled back but I guess there must have been more loss there than I thought.

Not using Minoxidil. Have never used it and don't wanna become reliant. Fin alone has always been good for me. I started using it about 2 - 3 years ago and honesty can't remember losing a single hair since starting.

Sorry to hear about your bad result with FUE man. Which doctor did you go to? Have you had any kind of explanation as to why it didn't work??

Wow, dude! Combover Hall of Fame, right there.

Best of luck.

Sorry to hear about your bad result with FUE man. Which doctor did you go to? Have you had any kind of explanation as to why it didn't work??
    Don't want to mention his name yet, until the 12 month mark passes. My transplanted hairs grew from months 3-9 and fell out. My HT surgeon pulled some out with tweezers himself when i saw him, as they were just 'loose' on my hairline. I was shedding really badly for 9 months after the surgery for some reason. He said it was telogen effluvium and that's why the grafts were falling out. He did the 'pluck' test and pulled out something like 15-20 hairs, can't remember. Turns out, it was just aggressive MPB. Must have been triggered by the surgery. I've never had massive shedding before, as i've had hairs miniaturizing on my hairline since i was 17, but at a snails pace. Went to a derm after surgery and found out that 60% of the hairs on the top of my head have been shedding for the past 9 months, which is A LOT of hair loss for 9 months. My whole house was covered in hair. LOL. Shedding has stopped the past 6 weeks and i'm on propecia now too.

Anyway, my HT surgeon was wrong about the transplanted hairs falling out because i was going through telogen effluvium. The transplanted hairs were growing and falling out because the follicles underneath were damaged, obviously by the FUE extraction or placement process. This happened to about 80-85% of my grafts. Didn't even need a HT last year and all i got from it was 9 months of intense shedding after the HT, causing me to lose sh#t loads of native hair.

Live and learn eh !!

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    Don't want to mention his name yet, until the 12 month mark passes. My transplanted hairs grew from months 3-9 and fell out. My HT surgeon pulled some out with tweezers himself when i saw him, as they were just 'loose' on my hairline. I was shedding really badly for 9 months after the surgery for some reason. He said it was telogen effluvium and that's why the grafts were falling out. He did the 'pluck' test and pulled out something like 15-20 hairs, can't remember. Turns out, it was just aggressive MPB. Must have been triggered by the surgery. I've never had massive shedding before, as i've had hairs miniaturizing on my hairline since i was 17, but at a snails pace. Went to a derm after surgery and found out that 60% of the hairs on the top of my head have been shedding for the past 9 months, which is A LOT of hair loss for 9 months. My whole house was covered in hair. LOL. Shedding has stopped the past 6 weeks and i'm on propecia now too.

Anyway, my HT surgeon was wrong about the transplanted hairs falling out because i was going through telogen effluvium. The transplanted hairs were growing and falling out because the follicles underneath were damaged, obviously by the FUE extraction or placement process. This happened to about 80-85% of my grafts. Didn't even need a HT last year and all i got from it was 9 months of intense shedding after the HT, causing me to lose sh#t loads of native hair.

Live and learn eh !!
    Damn. I am so sorry to hear this man. I really feel for you.

It's also scary to hear about the agressive MB possibly being triggered by the HT. I really hope you can get this sorted out man. I'll keep in touch with you too about how my growth is coming on. Also if you have any questions at all about the procedure with DR Feller just hit me up.

12 Days post op. Staples out tomorrow : )

Edit. Don't know why but when I uploaded the pics they are like 1/3 of the original size.

Looks like you have healed incredibly well and you seem to have NO redness in the recipient area. Mine lingered for about 5 months. You lucky sod !!

Did any grafts come off with your scabs ? Your central hairline area look very dense. Should look great when it grows in. Did Dr. Feller mention what desnity FU/cm^2 he was aiming for at the hairline ?

Ah. Thanks very much man. I think I am a fairly efficient healer. I have loads of tattoos and they have always healed fairly quickly.

I have definitely lost some hairs but not noticed any grafts with the scabs. Just sometimes when I rub my hair with my hand I'll find a tiny wispy hair on my hand or sometimes I'll see one of the tiny wispy hairs on my laptop after I have been using it.

Rather than discuss a number per cm2 I showed him pictures of one of his results that I really liked the density of, and asked if we could work at that density? He told me that he always woks at that density so we would be.

This was the result I showed him by the way.