+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    Tracy, I'm just curious as to what you define a "long time" as for not having hair in a certain area. Like 1 years, 2 years, etc?
    Personally, I define "a long time" as being five years or more. The reason is because I read hair follicles can remain dormant for three to five years before they die. I don't remember where I read that but it stuck with me. I am sure genetics probably plays a role in how long hair follicles can remain dormant before they die - but I really doubt it could be longer than five years.

Using my own hair restoration journey as an example, I was able to restore my hair to the point that it was five years prior to starting my treatment regimen. I used photos as a reference, though it was hard to find photos of myself without a wig (there aren't many). Anyways, at that point it seemed as though I had grown back all I was going to be able to grow back. Though I did grow back a lot of hair, it wasn't enough. I still had patches that were void of hair. So I had hair transplant surgeries to fill in those areas. My hair used to be so bad that I had to wear wigs - I didn't have a choice. After growing back as much as I could with treatment, my doctor was able to restore a feminine head of hair for me so now I no longer need to wear wigs if I don't want to. I don’t have the density that I would like but I have enough to make my hair look halfway decent now – and I still have hair coming in a year and a half after surgery.

Default Back on the laser comb

Thank you Tracy. As always have good answer.but just you. Appreciate your efort anyway. I m still confused.it s like gambling I undestand.
    Well I ll wait for all the grafts that are still in place to "show up". I mean that s what this transplant is all about I guess.I ll buy one just to see ,maybe I m the lucky one.
    If anybody else had any kind of experience w the laser comb , please share that .that s why we re here guys.
    Thank you . So long ,..and thick.