+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Back when my sister and I bought ours, they were not cordless. Ours have a wall wart and a cord. I wondered how well the cordless versions were faring. Both of ours have worked perfectly since the day we received them. Our brother bought one of the new cordless ones for his his wife to use when she started chemo and I haven't heard any complaints from them so far. They've only had it for a couple of months. I know he is going to use it too but his hair is so far gone I don't expect it can do much for him. I suppose we will see.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Back when my sister and I bought ours, they were not cordless. Ours have a wall wart and a cord. I wondered how well the cordless versions were faring. Both of ours have worked perfectly since the day we received them. Our brother bought one of the new cordless ones for his his wife to use when she started chemo and I haven't heard any complaints from them so far. They've only had it for a couple of months. I know he is going to use it too but his hair is so far gone I don't expect it can do much for him. I suppose we will see.
    First of all my Prayer's go out to your brother and his wife! I sincerely wish them the very best outcome with your brother's wife's, chemo treatments.

ok... Tracy C, The unit does seem to be built well. It does not have any cheap, or plastic feeling parts to it! I believe it was just one of those things that happen when we purchase electronic items! I'll post an update on how my new device operates once it arrives!!
    p.s. Once again, I will keep your family in my prayers!
    Stylus187

Thank you for the prayers. They were able to remove the mass and the chemo is a precautionary measure. This was caught early and her chances are vey good. Her spirits are high as well and that is very important.

Question Trying to get a laser comb -advices welcome

Just signed up on this site because It s been almost 9 months since i had surgery in Va and I m getting disapointed on the results as much as in the the place and the doctor that I had to deal with.I have the feeling he might need to quit on this.The follow up on my after surgery was the first think that bothered me because except one time a week after the surgery this doc so called Dr Botta , totaly disapered from the area.
    Recently moved to Georgia and I had to continue my EXT treatment too and for the first time had the feeling that I talked to persons that were interested in my surgery and they seemd a little woried about the results too.also had the feeling that the doctor know about his job and it s not a big deal to talk to him.
    They told me about the laser comb when I was there , about 6 month after the surgery.I got it and returned after reading some bad reviews ( had fun trying to take it mack the next day), but I still consider it another sol for better results and also I m very skeptical .plus I ve seen for the first time records and photos w people that had less grafts then me w better results.
    I m a big fan of short hair and that might be a problem too.
    I would like to hear couple more opinions because the biggest think that made me this skeptical is that they are really bad in promovating their products and keeping records of people like it s a big secret , exept the person that sels them wich always tells you they work and they good.
    I would appreciate any answers even from Tracy which seems to be good at it.
    Sorry Tracy , no ofense but like somebody sad , i m not here to make friends , but to get honest answers from honest people. I am very skeptical because the guy that convinced me to finally do the surgery at the end , he had it too and he came from Canada to tell me that which seemed pretty strange to me but I bought it for the same reason that we all understand .
    Thank you and good luck to everybody

I've spent a lot of time lurking on hair restoration forums...researching and the like. I was under the impression that Haircomb therapy has been dismissed (for the majority) as a reliable alternative for stimulating hair growth.

See Dr. Feller, for example.

Don't get me wrong, my transplant surgeon believes in it's value. I actually still own one; used it for well over year, but literally saw no substantial reason (or read any substantial evidence) to continue doing so. In fact, I have read a lot to the contrary. Some claiming it could actually reduce hair count; some claiming that the FDA cleared versions aren't strong enough; some claiming that lasers have no properties that can restore tissue and therefore shouldn't be considered a viable alternative for stimulating hair growth (if I'm not mistaken); etc.

Anyway, to get back on topic, my lasercomb came with instructions to use it for 15 minutes at a time (if I remember correctly), 3-4 times a week. Meaning, I'd use it every other day. When I used it.

How is it working for you?

Hi gicu,

I am very sorry to say that I found your post very difficult to follow. To be honest I am not quite sure what you are asking. The title of your thread being "trying to get a laser comb", I am assuming you want to know where to get one. My sister and I bought ours directly from Hairmax. I know some clinics sell them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Parasol View Post
    Anyway, to get back on topic, my lasercomb came with instructions to use it for 15 minutes at a time (if I remember correctly), 3-4 times a week. Meaning, I'd use it every other day. When I used it.
    The instructions that came with mine say to use it three times per week for 10 to 15 minutes each time. I use mine every other day though because I have long hair. So it takes me longer to make sure I treat my whole scalp, about 30 minutes. Doing it every other day is just for additional assurance that I've treated my whole scalp for the proper amount of time each week.

Default About the laser comb

Sorry , kinda lost track of my main ideea.
    I would like to hear more opinions about this laser comb if it really works or not if you use it properly of course.is it sort of a gamble thing or does help in general?
    I know HC people are not gonna say that it doesn t or you have very few chances with it or more chances if you re lucky.
    Is it anything certain about this thing?
    It s not the money ,after you spend 11k on the surgery but a positive thought will definetly help after these lousy results on the surgery.I mean they say there s still time to see resuts so , still waiting.anyway some positive experiences about this laser combs would realy help.honest ones even more
    Thanks and goodluck to you all.

Hi gicu,

I am assuming you are using a smart phone or something like that. Maybe we can try it this way to make it easier to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by gicu View Post
    I would like to hear more opinions about this laser comb if it really works or not if you use it properly of course.
    What the laser comb does is it increases the caliber, increases the tensile strength and improves the quality of the hair that you have. This effect makes your hair look fuller and more youthful. This effect also improves the quality of hair that has grown back from using Rogaine or generic Minoxidil. If you understand that this is what the laser comb does, it works. If however you are expecting the laser comb to make hair grow where there is no hair and hasn't been for a long time, it doesn't work - but neither does Finasteride, Spironolactone or Minoxidil either in such a case. Nothing can grow hair in areas that are void of hair and have been that way for a long time. The best you can expect in such a scenario is to maintain what hair you still have. Only hair transplant surgery can fill in areas that are void of hair and have been that way for a long time.

is it sort of a gamble thing or does help in general?
    Everything involved with treating hereditary hair loss is a gamble to some degree. Though the FDA approved or cleared treatments work for most people, nothing works for everyone.

Is it anything certain about this thing?
    The only things in life that are certain are death and taxes - not always in that order.

Whether low level laser therapy will work for you or not depends on how much hair you have lost, how long it has been gone and what your skin type is. You need to be Norwood V or less or a Ludwig II-2 or less and have Fitzpatrick Skin Types I through IV. If you have been in your current Norwood or Ludwig pattern for a long time, you may not experience appreciable benefit (hair regrowth) from using a laser comb or Rogaine or Propecia or Aldactone. Nothing can grow hair in areas that are completely void of hair and have been that way for a long time. Only hair transplant surgery can fill in areas that are void of hair and have been that way for a long time.

anyway some positive experiences about this laser combs would realy help. honest ones even more
    Honest comments are the only kind I know how to post. I know that ticks some forum members off but it is what it is. That's just the way I am.

Tracy, I'm just curious as to what you define a "long time" as for not having hair in a certain area. Like 1 years, 2 years, etc?