+ Reply to Thread

Default I'm 16 and was prescribed Rogaine?

Im turning 17 in a month but I was prescribed with rogaine 5% by my dermatologist last month. I'm worried! He says its okay but I'm afraid I might experience stunted growth or feminization (boobs, hips, etc..) and such!! Is it really okay?? I mean, I'm still growing!

Please, any doubt and I will stop.

GOD stop spamming my thread!

Quote Originally Posted by mkay View Post
    I'm worried! He says its okay but I'm afraid I might experience stunted growth or feminization (boobs, hips, etc..) and such!! Is it really okay?? I mean, I'm still growing!
    None of those are known side effects of Minoxidil.

Why does your doctor think Minoxidil is appropriate for a 17 year old?

Quote Originally Posted by mkay View Post
    GOD stop spamming my thread!
    The spam posts will be gone soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    None of those are known side effects of Minoxidil.

Why does your doctor think Minoxidil is appropriate for a 17 year old?

The spam posts will be gone soon.
    The safest form of FDA treatment! Pepole here might powder puff this answer. If you are losing hair at 17, My friend, Im sorry to say, you are going to be a NW 5 or at least NW 6 by the age of 27> Im sorry but its gonna happen. Every single male that I treat foe HGH deficiency who started losing hair, not a mature hairline, all 100% are horseshoe on top! Then again, alot of treatments were not available in the early and late 80"s! I just purchased a hairmax energy comb! Im hoping the placebo effect works! Im skeptical about light making anything besides plants grow, and it signals our body to produce vit, E. We shall see

Mr. stylus187,

What you just did is so wrong. You don't crash somebody's hopes like that. What is wrong with you?

Mr. mkay,

Don't listen to Mr. stylus187. His situation is not a guarantee that your situation will be the same. You haven't even told us what your situation is. It was highly unethical for Mr. stylus187 to say those things in that way. Please look far past his sour attitude. Tell us why your doctor prescribed Rogaine for you.

Thumbs up

Mr. stylus187,

What you just did is so wrong. You don't crash somebody's hopes like that. What is wrong with you?

Mr. mkay,

Don't listen to Mr. stylus187. His situation is not a guarantee that your situation will be the same. You haven't even told us what your situation is. It was highly unethical for Mr. stylus187 to say those things in that way. Please look far past his sour attitude. Tell us why your doctor prescribed Rogaine for you.
    Mr Mkay

I completely agree with Tracy on this. I started loss when I was 17/18. Im about to turn 33 and I'm a very decent NW3 and have been for about 10 years. I used Minoxidil for 9.5 years, then added Propecia and the Hairmax Lasercomb over the last 3 years. As to the ethics of using Rogaine at 17? I guess that is debatable as most medical intervention should be administered post 18. Perhaps there was a specific reason as to why your Dr did so. Don't panic as you still have options if you have a decent amount of hair left. In the next few years I'm sure Replicel, Histogen and Aderans will be moving closer to a better solution.

Mr. stylus187,

Mr. mkay,

I wasnt trying to crash his hopes! Im just stating a fact in a my studies of a few of my clients! If you read closely, I also stated that some of these treatments were not available in the late 80's and early 90's. I would be happy as a kid at Disney, if Rogaine helps out this young man! Im actually gonna try small doses of Rogaine foam, for preventive measurements. I believe in going slow with any hormone that you are introducing into your body. Even non hormones, I would advise any client to start off easy, then evaluate the situation. My Laser comb just arrived. Im only a nw2, and want to keep it that way!!

BTW, when I quit propecia, My hair got thicker!! and my hairline started to come back????