+ Reply to Thread

Default 22 years old - Considering HT. FUE or Strip? [pics attached]

Hey everyone. I am 22 years old and have been losing my hair since about age 16. I have been on finasteride for almost three years and minoxidil twice daily for two years.

My hair loss seems to have halted, and I may have even regrown a little bit in the crown region. I don't feel like my hairline itself is horrible, but it looks extremely thin on top when grown out at all.

I am looking into a hair transplant since I haven't lost any hair in over a year and I really want to get it done while I am still young and can enjoy it. I am probably going to get my HT done by Dr. Sara Wasserbauer (any experiences?).

I have attached pictures and was wondering which type of surfer, FUE or strip, you all think would be best for me (and maybe how many grafts I would need). Thank you very much in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6934.jpg

Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	13016   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3300.jpg

Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	13017   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3086.jpg

Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	13018  

Default hair transplant

hey bud I see you still have hair but kind of receding I am in your situation too but I would recommend to give it a one more year to see what they are going to come up with Histogen and all others because that is a better scarless way to go for treatment with this crappy disease I know how you feel dude i am in the same situation. because the reason I am saying this is because there also shock loss possibilities too like loosing all of the hair but new treatments if testing comes out alright it will be better.
    Last edited by ramini; 01-15-2012 at 12:59 AM. Reason: delete

hey bud I see you still have hair but kind of receding I am in your situation too but I would recommend to give it a one more year to see what they are going to come up with Histogen and all others because that is a better scarless way to go for treatment with this crappy disease I know how you feel dude i am in the same situation. because the reason I am saying this is because there also shock loss possibilities too like loosing all of the hair but new treatments if testing comes out alright it will be better.

Well, your chosen doc is an iahrs member, so that is a good choice. You should ask her as to what is the best course of action and if you dont like the answer, get a second opinion (also from an iahrs member). Good luck!

Dude have you ever tried toppik or any other fiber based concealer? They work great especially for people with diffused thinning and a good hairline like yourself. You could try that for a year or so and see if you get any more regrowth from your current regime. Don't let the idea of sprinkling fibers on your head steer you away from toppik. It really does work!

Cheers.

Hey mate, I reckon you should use minoxidil 5percent for a while. If you do get a ht definately go for the FUE - much less scarring!