+ Reply to Thread

Default I just need to vent

I'm 27, still having a hard time dealing with my divorce from last year. I suffer from major depression, been dealing with BDD (body dystrophic disorder) since I was 17. I'm 5'7 and my height is constantly part of jokes for people, can't get a girlfriend too self conscious. Hair loss is devastating for a normal person, but for somebody who deals with serious mental disorders I feel like giving up. The fact that my hopes are upon these treatments that are in the experimental stages makes me stress out. I see these guys with their girlfriends and seriously, I just want to cry. I feel like a dagger goes through my heart. Here I am already at a disadvantage and now I'm balding.

For **** sake science, please give me something to live for.

I feel you regarding the anxiety man. I've suffered from anxiety since my early teens, the onset of depression can oftentimes follows close after.

*Internet hug!

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I'm 27, still having a hard time dealing with my divorce from last year. I suffer from major depression, been dealing with BDD (body dystrophic disorder) since I was 17. I'm 5'7 and my height is constantly part of jokes for people, can't get a girlfriend too self conscious. Hair loss is devastating for a normal person, but for somebody who deals with serious mental disorders I feel like giving up. The fact that my hopes are upon these treatments that are in the experimental stages makes me stress out. I see these guys with their girlfriends and seriously, I just want to cry. I feel like a dagger goes through my heart. Here I am already at a disadvantage and now I'm balding.

For **** sake science, please give me something to live for.
    The average person cannot comprehend how devastating hair loss can be for some of us. I feel like its stealing my identity as a once very attractive man! Im only a nw 2, and its killing me. I cant imagine how a NW5, 6, 0r 7 must feel. Im sorry, but he average white dude who is bald looks like shit to me!! Im just being honest, Black guys can rock a shaved head and look even better then they did before. Maybe I'll shave my head and get a good tan! I just purchased the Hairmax laser comb! Wish Me luck!!!

Bosox - I know you're having a tough time with this but you have to keep things in perspective. We're all born with certain disadvantages. Want to know what mine is? I was born with a freakin' birth mark on top of my head. Had it since the day I was born (not sure what happened but I've heard some conflicting stories about the doctor and having to do something with my head after I was born). In high school I grew a pony tail to cover it up. It was not the ideal look for a kid trying to be cool. On top of that I have always had a receding hairline. Talk about the ultimate screw job when it comes to hair.

Well, when life gives you a lemon, you make lemonade. I found an adhesive hairpiece that fit my birthmark (that grew as I grew) once I got into college and afford it. It's expensive but it looks as real as it gets. I can post a pic if you'd like. But thats not the point. You have a lot to offer in life as a person. If people around you are constantly poking at you for your height then maybe you need new friends. On the other hand, if they aren't picking on you too much, maybe you're too sensitive? I used to be too sensitive.

Stay strong brother. Be better. You aren't defined by your height. Or your hair. Make the most of today. Get on propecia. Do what you can but don't stress out over stuff you can't control.

You will find your partner one day. And you'll look back and laugh at this phase of your life realizing how silly you were for being so down about things out of your control. There's a lot to look forward to in life - make the most of it, man.

Thanks for that Pac. Yes, I am too sensitive and I tend to let negative thoughts control my life. I honestly believe a cure is coming very soon for hairloss. Worse case, I will wear a hair piece.

Do you mind posting some pics of yours? My only concern about a piece is how do they fix the hairline along the temples, can they? Idk, but I would appriciate some pics because I need some other options in case replicel doesn't work

Thanks man.

I, too, am curious whether or not upcoming treatments can fix hair around the temple area? If hair is miniaturized, more likely so, but what if your temples are devoid or hair? What if your crown is devoid of hair?