+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Well, by "real Minox" I mean a legit product that ACTUALLY contains Minox (like Rogaine or kirkland brands...). There's no doubt that some companies are marketing products that contain NO Minox but maybe something that smells like it. Based on my own personal experience with Dualgen, I have no doubt that shit had no Minoxidil in it. So, it's not "real" Minox. That's what I meant. Of course there are other products out there that are legit but I don't see why they're charging way too much for their stuff when it's basically nothing more than regular Minox (for example Spectral DNC). As long as a product has Minox it should work -that's IF you're going to respond to Minox of course- and I just don't see any difference between all the Minox. So, I'd just stick to Kirkland brand or maybe Rogaine since they're trusted well known brands and also pretty inexpensive.
    So you don't think the additional ingredients enhance the absorption like they claim? It just makes sense to me that the more minoxidil you get to the hair shaft the better. Of course we have no proof that it is anymore effective than regular minox.

I don't think -based on my own experience and also on what others say- that a higher Minox % is any more effective than 5%. Like I said, there was no noticeable change in my hair when I was on Dr. Lee's 15% for about 3 months. Some people use derma rollers to help with the absorption of the Minox but I don't know if that actually helps at all. I've asked before and a lot of people said derma rolling had no effects.

The other thing, if a higher % of minox was more effective than a smaller one, then applying minox more frequenlty (than just twice a day) should also be more beneficial, but from what they tell us, applying it more frequently hasn't been shown to give any better results. So...

Just put it on your wet head, and rub it in.

That's it.

Does anyone have an opinion Nanoxidil? I was reading that it is almost the same molecule as Minoxidil but with lighter weight.
    I use Minox (DNC) twice a day, was thinking of changing to Nanoxidil once a day and Minoxidil once a day combo.

Quote Originally Posted by khan View Post
    Does anyone have an opinion Nanoxidil?
    If it is not FDA approved, it has not been proven to work.