Applying Minoxidil on Long Hair - Page 3 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thanks Tracy.

I'm considering using Minoxidil on just my crown and was concerned I might knock out my front hair line in the process!

But it seems that will not be the case.

Matt

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm have pertinent problems. I have some density albeit thinning and I'm having such a hard time getting minox on my entire scalp.

Currently, I employ the parting method, but with only 1 mL to apply, it's hard to get it applied to more than 5 lines/parts before the dropper is empty. After that, I find that my hair is still greasy ,which is indicative it didn't get to my scalp (?).

The other method I've employed is, while my hair is still wet and "spiked" from a shower, fill the dropper and run it all around my scalp pushing the dropper to my scalp the best I can. It's so frustrating, and I'm sure I'm losing so much of the 1 mL dose.

Thoughts? Should I apply 2 mL and assume I'll lose 1 mL in the application process? Should I be more diligent, and apply smaller amounts per line/part so that I can part my hair 10 or so different times?

One last thing: The first couple times I used it, I found it left my hair feeling thick, and I loved it (even if it was fake thickness). Now, my hair just seems greasy afterwards. I don't know what's changed. Maybe it depends how wet/dry your hair is? Maybe it's indicative of how well of a job you're doing having it land on the scalp?

Sorry for the lengthy post. Thanks in advance for any input.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Sorry for the lengthy post. Thanks in advance for any input.
    Just use 1ml and focus your application on the areas it can do the most good, the vertex and mid-anterior areas. If your hair loss is greater than that pictured in the instructions for using Minoxidil, Minoxidil is not likely going to do you any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Just use 1ml and focus your application on the areas it can do the most good, the vertex and mid-anterior areas. If your hair loss is greater than that pictured in the instructions for using Minoxidil, Minoxidil is not likely going to do you any good.
    K. Well I guess I will focus on getting the frontal lobe covered, which is where most of my issues are. If it's true that fin works best on crown, I really should be fine in that area.

I'm not quite NW3, so I think I'm a legit candidate for minox -- assuming my MPB isn't too aggressive for treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I'm not quite NW3, so I think I'm a legit candidate for minox -- assuming my MPB isn't too aggressive for treatment.
    In general, both Minoxidil and Finasteride work best on the vertex and mid-anterior areas. Not the hair line. A small percentage of men can achieve regrowth in the hairline but that is not the norm. If you do not have a problem in your vertex and mid-anterior areas, Minoxidil is probably not right for you. Are you one of the guys participating in the dermaroller experiment?

If you want to use more than 1ml so you can cover a larger area, use the 2% womens formula - or use up to 2ml of the 5% formula once a day. That way you can cover a larger area with less chances of increasing your chances of experiencing the possible negative side effects of Minoxidil.

Finasteride only arrests hair loss and allows hair that can grow back to grow back - but it does nothing to stimulate regrowth.

I noticed one minoxidil treatment with a long nose nozzle before, I would think that is perfect for people with long hair.