Applying Minoxidil on Long Hair - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Im knocking on a bit now lol, still youthful tho-or I was up until the last couple of years

If I had the cash I'd have a Rooney but a TP is outta my reach financially so it's just Minox and a prayer really. Oh and Tocotrienols-but they fall into the prayer bracket anyway lol.

Ahh well I'm prepared to do just about anything to get a hair transplant. I know someone going through the same thing so hoping to go together, share the pain! I reckon it should be under £10k, no matter how I finance it it'll be worth it to have my image and confidence back.

I'm counting down the days until I see Dr Feller in London in May!!!

Fair play mate-it's good that you're going along with someone else in the same position too, apart from this forum to off load on I can't share my anguish with anyone really-but there's some good people around on here.

Yeah we're all here for each other

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Hey Jcm,

I've been on the minoxidil for about a month now and same here. I've noticed my hairline getting weaker and stray hairs in the bathroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Yeah it knocked my hairline for six - but i took the gamble and have to keep at it now shit or bust.
    Hi Guys,

I thought I'd post this here as it relates to these two statements.

To those that say their hairline got weaker after using Minoxidil, was Minoxidil actually being applied to the hairline area?

I'm intending to use Minoxidil on just my crown. Is there any way that my front hairline could still be affected or is it purely were the Minoxidil comes in contact with?

I hope this makes sense and appreciate any response.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi mathmoose,

Most of the guys you read who claim Minoxidil knocked out their hair line do not fully understand the treatment process or the medicine itself. They try it on their hairline and when the normal shedding starts, they freak out and stop using the medicine, which is the worst thing you could do. In reality, those guys knocked out their own hair lines because they didn't know what they are doing. In reality, the hair that sheds out usually grows back thicker than it was before - if you continue to use the medicine.

With that said, it is best to use Minoxidil in the vertex and mid-anterior areas. These are the areas that Minoxidil is most likely to do the most good. Minoxidil does work in the hairline for women and some younger men - but you have to stick with it to have any hope of it working. If you start using it and then freak out and stop, you will do more harm to your hair than good.

Also, if you do choose to use Minoxidil, it is best to taper up to the full twice a day dose. If you do not know what that means, feel free to ask.

Take care,

Tracy

Yeah yeah I didnt know what I was doing. About a year later and those hairs never really did come back on my hairline. Im still applying this crap and still losing it.

Did you read the whole comment I wrote?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Hi mathmoose,

Most of the guys you read who claim Minoxidil knocked out their hair line do not fully understand the treatment process or the medicine itself. They try it on their hairline and when the normal shedding starts, they freak out and stop using the medicine, which is the worst thing you could do. In reality, those guys knocked out their own hair lines because they didn't know what they are doing. In reality, the hair that sheds out usually grows back thicker than it was before - if you continue to use the medicine.

With that said, it is best to use Minoxidil in the vertex and mid-anterior areas. These are the areas that Minoxidil is most likely to do the most good. Minoxidil does work in the hairline for women and some younger men - but you have to stick with it to have any hope of it working. If you start using it and then freak out and stop, you will do more harm to your hair than good.

Also, if you do choose to use Minoxidil, it is best to taper up to the full twice a day dose. If you do not know what that means, feel free to ask.

Take care,

Tracy
    Thanks for your reply Tracy. I can see you're very helpful on this forum.

I've done my research and am well aware that after the initial application of Minoxidil you should expect some shedding. So I can see how some people applying Minoxidil to the hairline area would experience shedding there at first and possibly get freaked out of they weren't expecting it.

What I just want to clarify though is that if I apply Minoxidil to JUST my crown as thats only where I'm concerned about... could it still effect my front hairline?

Will the Minoxidil literally only affect the areas that it comes in to contact with?

Thanks,

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mathmoose View Post
    Will the Minoxidil literally only affect the areas that it comes in to contact with?
    Hi mathmoose,

Minoxidil only works where you put it. Here is a link from Dr. Bernstein's web site for further clarification.

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...-on-minoxidil/

Take care,

Tracy