+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default energy comb, VS> factory refurbished hair max comb

On Ebay I can get a Factory refurbished Hairmax comb for 249.00 Its the 2011 premium which brand new, cost around 400, to 495.00. There is a company its called energycomb. It sells brand new on ebay for 129. here is the add. Please tell me what you think. 129, brand new, or 249.00 fac refurb. The only differance is the premium laser comb from Hairmax has 9 lasers, this has eight,

(Limited time offer) 129.00

PLEASE NOTE:

Now in stock and ready to ship. All orders received

before 3pm EST will be shipped same day!

The ENERGYcomb Hair Laser Therapy device is currently the most advanced and affordable Laser Comb available for hair loss and thinning hair.

ENERGYcomb was designed and manufactured without any compromise to guarantee positive results. Unlike many other laser combs on the market today, the ENERGYcomb only uses true laser diodes (no LED’s) with the precise specification proven to regrow hair and stop hair loss/thinning hair. Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is the only FDA approved hair loss treatment for both men and women that has NO side effects. Currently there are only 3 hair loss treatments approved by the FDA, Minoxidil (Rogain), finasteride (Propecia) and Low Level Laser Therapy.

Low Level Laser Therapy is a well known hair loss treatment designed to stop hair loss and promote hair growth. The ENERGYcomb is the most economical and accessible technology to protect your hair.

On January 2007, the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) approved the use of Low Level Laser Therapy to stimulate and promote hair regrowth. Low Level Laser Therapy or LLLT when applied to the scalp has shown to improve the health of existing hair and to stimulate new hair growth for both men and women. LLLT may also be used to aid healing of the scalp after hair transplant surgery.
    The ENERGYcomb is a compact and versatile laser comb, it was designed by biomedical engineers and is the most advanced laser comb in today’s market. The ENERGYcomb is already in very high demand by customers all around the world looking to try LLLT without having to spend $300-$7000. Customers who understand the laser technology market know that the ENERGYcomb is currently the best and most affordable hand held laser comb on the market.

At a fraction of the cost of other laser combs on the market today, the ENERGYcomb allows you to try the Low Level Laser Therapy technology at the privacy of your own home with minimal investment. Plus, with our 100% satisfaction money back guarantee you have absolutely nothing to lose and only more hair to gain! We offer FREE express shipping for all Canadian and American orders and provide a discount for all International orders. All orders are shipped discretely in an unmarked package for your privacy.

650nm 5mW laser diodes (8 Beams)
    Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
    Microprocessor controlled
    20min automatic Shut-Off
    4 second Beep tone (for even treatment)
    Patented (Compact) design
    Mirror gloss black finish

The benefits of Low Level Laser Therapy:

- FDA and Health Canada approved technology

- Clinically tested and Proven positive results in men and women

- Stop your Hair loss/Thinning hair today

- Grow back your hair naturally without any side effects

- Can be used with other hair loss treatments such as Minoxidil and Propecia

- Recommended by physicians to stimulate hair growth after hair transplant surgery

- Recommended by physicians to minimize scaring after hair transplant surgery

- Can be used in the privacy of your own home

ENERGYcomb vs. Hairmax Advanced 7

- 8 laser diodes vs. 7 laser diodes

- Affordable (less than half the price)

- Compact /Portable design (only 7" in length)

- Fits in the palm of your hand

- Less than 4oz

- Built in high capacity rechargeable lithium ion battery

- Universal Power Adaptor (110-240v)

- Patented laser scattering for optimal scalp coverage

- Microprocessor controlled (smart charging)

- Rapid charge (1 hour)

- 4 second audible beep timer for even treatment

- Automatic shut-off (after 20 min. of use)

What's in the box

1 ENERGYcomb

1 Premium travel case

1 Universal Charger (110-240v)

User Manual

2 Year Warranty

All orders are shipped in a private/unmarked shipping box

I cant see buying basically the same thing form120.00 more, plus n12.99 fl sales tax from the person saling the FAC reburb Hairmax model. This seller has sold over 120 of them with a 99,99% positive feedback score though.
    What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by stylus187 View Post
    Please tell me what you think. 129, brand new, or 249.00 fac refurb. The only differance is the premium laser comb from Hairmax has 9 lasers, this has eight...
    There is another difference. The Hairmax laser comb is FDA cleared, the energycomb is not. The FDA clearances Lexington have received are not technology wide clearances for low level laser therapy, as implied in this add for the energycomb. The clearances are specific to the Hairmax laser combs manufactured by Lexington International. This is why Lexington had to submit separate safety and efficacy data for each of the different models they offer.

For example, back when I bought my laser comb in November of 2007, Lexington also offered a seven laser model at the time. Since the FDA had not cleared that seven laser model, Lexington received a notice from the FDA telling them they had to take the seven laser model off the market. Lexington had to submit separate safety and efficacy data to gain clearance for the seven laser model. Lexington did not receive clearance to market a seven laser model until 2011.

Another example is the clearance for treating women's hair loss. Lexington had to submit separate safety and efficacy data to gain FDA clearance to market the nine laser model for treating women's hair loss. Note that only the nine laser model is FDA cleared to treat women's hair loss.

The low price of the energycomb is attractive. However the use of the FDA clearance as if it is a technology wide clearance is unethical. If the manufacturer of the energycomb is willing to do one unethical thing, they are likely willing to do more unethical stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    There is another difference. The Hairmax laser comb is FDA cleared, the energycomb is not. The FDA clearances Lexington have received are not technology wide clearances for low level laser therapy, as implied in this add for the energycomb. The clearances are specific to the Hairmax laser combs manufactured by Lexington International. This is why Lexington had to submit separate safety and efficacy data for each of the different models they offer.

For example, back when I bought my laser comb in November of 2007, Lexington also offered a seven laser model at the time. Since the FDA had not cleared that seven laser model, Lexington received a notice from the FDA telling them they had to take the seven laser model off the market. Lexington had to submit separate safety and efficacy data to gain clearance for the seven laser model. Lexington did not receive clearance to market a seven laser model until 2011. My neighbor was director of compliance for 10 years, and worked for the FDA for 35 years. He said, FDA approved is bullshit! the FDA does not approve anything, they allow. Basically all FDA says, is this product has past a clinical trial, and is safe to use only under the guidelines of the recommended amount! I'm gonna have him type exactly in his own words what FDA approved means. Its kind of hard to argue with a GS 13. Tracy, are you affiliated with Hair max, or any of its affiliates? I understand your concern. How difficult can it be to stick some light diodes in a brush! I think since Hairmax was the first FDA approved comb, you are paying for the name. Tracy, fac refurbs can also have issues. I cant return the FAC refurb after 30 days. The energy comb, I can get for 110.00, The seller excepted my offer.
    Can anyone else please chyme in here, including TRACY C?

Im skeptical of anything used? Every fac refurb phone I have ever owned had a problem. Tracy, I may be wrong, but being a lead marketing rep myself, you seem to push for the Lexington model. Hair max has two separate companies.. Im just putting that out there. Please do not take offense!

Another example is the clearance for treating women's hair loss. Lexington had to submit separate safety and efficacy data to gain FDA clearance to market the nine laser model for treating women's hair loss. Note that only the nine laser model is FDA cleared to treat women's hair loss.

The low price of the energycomb is attractive. However the use of the FDA clearance as if it is a technology wide clearance is unethical. If the manufacturer of the energycomb is willing to do one unethical thing, they are likely willing to do more unethical stuff.
    Tracy If the light diodes are the same, I dont see the problem. Light, is light. Low level light is not hard bto produce. I see your many valid points. FDA approved is a lie, the FDA allows, it does not approve anything at all. MY neighbor just retired from 35 years as a compliance officer, and director of compliance for the S. East region of the United States! I will have him type in his own words, not the words from the internet, but the words from a MAn who was in charge of 1700 employees on what FDA approved means! Can anyone else please help me here, TO buy, or not to BUY? BTW, the seller excepted my bid for 119.00 no fl sales tax. THe total price with shipping for the Fac Refurb model, comes out to be be 267.00 with shipping. I hate buying anything used, obviously something was wrong with the product in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by stylus187 View Post
    You cant FDA approve every single device on the market.
    Hello stylus187,

Please don't take this as being harsh. It is not meant to be. The FDA clearance is not for low level laser therapy devices in general. The FDA clearance is specific to the manufacturer and the model of the devices. Why else would Lexington have needed to do more than one study and submit more than one application for clearance? If a company is going to make the claim that their low level laser therapy device will treat hair loss, they do need to submit their own safety and efficacy data for each device they hope to get clearance for. That is what Lexington had to do and that is why they had to do it.

You are correct. This does not mean the energycomb does not work any better or worse. I don't know if it does anything or not. But if I were shopping for such a device, I would buy the one that has received FDA clearance. You asked for opinions. That is my opinion and that is why my opinion is what it is.

Take care,

Tracy

Hello stylus187,

Please don't take this as being harsh. It is not meant to be. The FDA clearance is not for low level laser therapy devices in general. The FDA clearance is specific to the manufacturer and the model of the devices. Why else would Lexington have needed to do more than one study and submit more than one application for clearance? If a company is going to make the claim that their low level laser therapy device will treat hair loss, they do need to submit their own safety and efficacy data for each device they hope to get clearance for. That is what Lexington had to do and that is why they had to do it.

You are correct. This does not mean the energycomb does not work any better or worse. I don't know if it does anything or not. But if I were shopping for such a device, I would buy the one that has received FDA clearance. You asked for opinions. That is my opinion and that is why my opinion is what it is.

Take care,

Tracy
    Thank You Tracy C. I might just spend the extra money, for piece of mind! If I came off rude, my apologies. To be honest, saving 150.00 or so on a brand Ive never heard of is not going to hurt or help my wallet. I just thought since the specs are the same, the device would be close to the same. Its always nice to have a "friendly" debate, how else would one learn?

I do have one question, Tracy, are you affiliated with Hairmax, or any of its affiliates?
    I only ask, because you seem to have a lot of info on this company., Once again, no disrespect intended.

I am not affiliated with any company. I just read a lot, especially if it is a subject that I find interesting. Treating hair loss is a subject I find interesting.

I am not affiliated with any company. I just read a lot, especially if it is a subject that I find interesting. Treating hair loss is a subject I find interesting.
    purchased the Premium 9 Model, from Hairmax!

There has been much said on hair loss forums about hairmax and other low power lasers for hair loss, and to be quite frank i think that a laser helmet with complete scalp cover that you can relax and sit under would be better.
    So to me it would be better to save up if you cannot afford a helmet as thats what i am going to get as i have tried the laser comb and had some success but the price was a rip off.

Default TLC Laser Therapy has the best price!

Before purchasing my Hairmax Lux 9 laser comb I contacted Hairmax on eBay and found out that the refurbished units are the older models that don't have individual laser diodes. It has one laser beam that reflects from 9 angled mirrors.

I purchased my Hairmax Lux 9 (2011 model) from TLC Laser Therapy here in Canada, it took 2 days to arrive (I live in Toronto). The product was securely packaged in bubble wrap and arrived in an unmarked box. I got an amazing deal by contacting them and inquiring about their price match policy, I told them there was a company in the US selling the same product for $399. They replied the next day and offered to beat it by 10%, I got it for $359.10 BRAND NEW! Plus if you live outside Canada you don't pay any taxes.

My sister and I have the older corded model and both of ours have nine individual lasers in them. You can see them in the window.