+ Reply to Thread

Smile 2500 Graft Strip Surgery with Dr Feller 28th October 2011

Hello everyone,

I have been a silent member on here for a couple of months now and have been using this site for the last 18months doing my research gaining fantastic knowledge along the way. I never wanted to write on here til I had my op with Dr Feller.
    I had an op almost 4 yrs ago with the Hospital Group in the UK, the results i got where nothing like I was expecting and my confidence dropped even more than prior to my first HT due to the fact that now I was paranoid about not just losing my hair, everyone around me now knew i had a bad HT as well. Compared to alot of the op's that you read about on here from guys in the UK, I got away quite lightly as it was only 1000 grafts but still enough to produce a very pluggy look along my hairline with a scar that was too high up at the back in a frown shape rather than the happy smiling face if you get what i mean.

Fortunately i came across spex on here and the rest as they say is history. The man is a total legend, supporting me like the other guys from the UK and supporting me step by step right up to the day of my Op. I spent most of this year in Afghanistan and Spex was kind enough to sort everything out for me as I was a little busy over there.

I flew out on the 27th Oct from the UK for my op on the 28th with Dr Feller, and will now set my own web page up and keep an account of my journey and hopefully give something back to the community that have supported me over the last 18 months and helped me make what i believe to be a very good choice in having my second HT with Dr Feller.

The day itself was fantastic from being met at the door by Dr Feller to the staff ordering my cab to get me safely back to the hotel. You could see this was a well oiled machine, Dr feller certainly has a good bed side manner and put me at ease straight away. He knew my history with hospital group and made sure that every step that was conducted through the day was explained to me in full. The techs were fantastic as well during the day, we always seem to praise the doc's but the techs do a fantastic job as well.

Spex, thanks again for sorting everything out. Definately made a good choice with Dr Feller, he was a top bloke. Also a big thank you to the Doc for giving me a military discount, which worked out at over 500 grafts free.

Just like to thanks everyone on here for all the info I have been able to sieve from the site.

I am now 2 months out from my op and pretty much back to where i was prior the Operation, i hate this part as i've never been the most patient person on the planet, however it's nice to be in a position now that no one would ever of known that i had strip surgery

Will attach some pics of pre op, and my pics taken on the day, will upload some more showing my journey over the last 2 months later
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg

Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	12962   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg

Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	12963   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg

Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	12964   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg

Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	12965   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg

Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	12966  

Default Various pics during i week post op.

Some pics, taken during the first week post op. I was pretty fortunate, i didnt get any swelling of the face and have had full sensation in the recipient area

Name:	CIMG0004.jpg

Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	12968   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0005.jpg

Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	12969   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0025.jpg

Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	12970   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0053-1.jpg

Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	12971  

Default Pics after 1 month

Here are some pics after the first month, things seem to be going well. Having the sutures out have made a big difference in getting a good nights sleep

Name:	CIMG0083.jpg

Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	12972   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0086.jpg

Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	12973   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0087.jpg

Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	12974   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0088.jpg

Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	12975  

Default Pics 2 months Post Op.

Here are a view pics 2 months post op. I'm happy i'm back to where i was before my transplant. I thought it was going to take 3 months to get to this point but i'm pleased i got here early. To be honest anyone looking at my head after 2 weeks would of have had difficulty noticing that i had any surgery

Name:	CIMG0094.jpg

Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	12976   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0095.jpg

Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	12977   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0096.jpg

Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	12978  

Hi Irish, your hair seems to have grown back really quickly, what meds are you on man? I got my hairline worked on and at the moment i just want my old hair to grow back as soon as poss. Any tips?

Default concealer?

Hey Irish sailor. I also got 2500 grafts in my frontal third. It had to be shaven down. I was wondering if you used any concealers to hide the transplant? I need to return to work after a month so i want to hide the HT as much as possible. I'm going to use dermamatch on the scar but the frontal area which has a little stubble now is where i want to cover. Any suggestions? Thanks