+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyhair View Post
    ......my experiment with saw palmetto, vitamins, and apple cider shampoo to verify my beliefs.
    Good luck
    Im willing to bet you get no growth with any natural remedies

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyhair View Post
    Hopefully we can end debate on autism since this is a forum on hair loss, so I am done going back and forth with people who know nothing except what they hear on tv and what they read in their paper, all of which is info based on what the FDA says anyway. Many people don't know that when they say there are no clinical studies done on natural cures they are dead wrong. That also is info they are getting from the FDA. Believe it or not the FDA, the food and drug administration, does not do any studies themselves on natural cures and that is why they say there are no studies on it. They should be called the DA for drug administration because they don't actually study the effects of food at all. However there are many organizations that do clinical studies on herbs and food and natural cures and there is a ton of info out there on these studies if you look. Saw palmetto has been studied extensively in Europe and is used for treatment in prostrate problems because it has been proven to block DHT which means it will help in hair loss also since DHT seems to be the cause of that too. I will be starting a new thread on natural treatments for hair loss in the coming weeks with as much info as I can get, along with the sources and studies that back up the info for the people that are open to it.
    Once you understand you can review all these studies yourself, the conspiracy theories about the FDA become meaningless.
    And yes, there are studies that exist on natural remedies. None of them show any natural treatment to work for hair loss.

Same old song and dance. When there's evidence, we'll buy. Until then, it's snake oil. Based on what we know so far, you will go bald on these alternative remedies. Period. You will lose your hair. I'm sorry.