+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default What goes on behind the scenes

I do my best to help others by posting what I can post but this doesn’t mean I post everything I know. Just like the forum owners and moderators that know exactly what goes on behind the scenes but do not post that information for valid reasons. I too do not post those comments for the same reasons.

But since you know what is going on behind the scenes and it was brought up why not post that information. I understand you simply can’t and that is partly what helps to makes this business so shady.

If prospective patients knew what went on behind the scenes there would be plenty of people looking for new jobs but I wouldn't be one of them.

I think it’s foolish to make assumptions about what I know goes on behind the scenes in this industry. But there is nothing I would like to see more than those that work in the industry or on the periphery to actually put aside the huge sums of money they are making and grow a set of balls and tell us what you know.

I see these clueless guys coming on to this forums thinking they are doing research when what you claim to know about what goes on behind the scenes is what would really help them and after all that is why these forums exist.

Quite an intriguing and provocative thread. I'm not sure what you're referring to, though.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Fill us in. I'm not sure what you're referring to.

I think there is a ` fraternity ` mentality kind of like the ` old boys network ` that is employed by Drs and there staff , I say this entirely from my own experiences over the last 20 years .

Several years ago I consulted with a very well known UK Dr and there patient rep , when I asked about a particular Dr In Greece who was hugely cheaper than the uk Dr, the patient co-ordinator replied " No Comment " .... now my view was" hey the other Dr cant be that bad then " and guess what the procedure was a disaster , now if i had been fully informed that choi implanter was crap I wouldnt of gone ! so my question is why do Drs protect one another ? when they know what works and what doesnt ! who damages patients , who doesnt ! its hard for patients to understand that this goes on , but it does ......

You have to really put the time in to understand the reasoning behind the above and who best to perform your procedure , its like role reversal for a job interview and you question the Dr for the vacant position .. " Is this Dr and his staff good enough to perform a procedure on my head " million dollar question ....

ejj

I am referring to a comment that was made on the bald truth show last night that I believe was directed towards me. That I didn’t know what goes on behind the scenes in this industry a foolish assumption in my opinion. But regardless of if it was directed towards me or not if the host and others know what goes on in this industry behind the scenes and if you are truly patient advocates you can afford the risk of posting that information for the benefit of the clueless masses that come to these forums in search of honest information.

I'm lost. Didn't listen to the show last night.

Topcat you have read my story before. If it were not for Spencer Kobren sharing what goes on behind the scenes I would have gone to MHR for a hair transplant that I did not need. I credit Spencer , this website, and his show for the life I have now. The Bald Truth is all about letting people like me know what goes on behind the scenes. It’s silly for you to say that it is not. I watched the show last night and agree about what was said about people who think that they are experts on forums. The disgusting other forum that I quit after being solicited by private message by a hair transplant salesman, is full of people and moderators who act like experts. Maybe you are an expert, I don’t know for sure, but I do know that Spencer is an expert and so is Jotronic for that matter who was on the show last night. I’m assuming that you don’t know as much as they do about hair transplants and hair transplant doctors, and I don’t think that I am foolish.. I was lucky and found this site and the show before I got hurt like you did. I would probably think differently if I were in your shoes, but I am not because of the behind the scenes information that I learned about because of the show and this website. Can I ask what’s with all the drama? You claim to be doing your best just to help others, but you spend so much time making useless posts like these? Why are you so insecure to think that they were talking about you?

just to add my thoughts , Dr Rassmans book that he kindly posted to me some time ago now, clearly says that the patient is becoming more educated than some Drs in the feild ! food for thought i think

regards

ejj

Helproger the point of the post which you are missing is that it’s not about me caring if somebody is talking about me. It’s the comment itself on the show that someone who is a poster regardless of who it is really doesn’t know what truly goes on in this industry. I think it’s naïve not to know that patients along with ex employees of the industry have networked and speak to each other on a regular basis commenting on both the industry along with how the forums operate.

The show simply came out and stated a fact which I know is absolutely true. So now I ask why as patient advocates who make their living from this business don’t they divulge this information to the readers. It’s a simple question and maybe that is how I should have posted it but the fact is it angers me knowing that the comment they made is 100% true yet they remain silent for the most part because they have no choice.

I am not picking on this particular forum but the comment was made so now I ask the question what exactly is going on behind the scenes that we as readers and prospective hair transplant patients don't know about but is crucial to the decision making process? I don't want to know about what has already been stated I want to know exactly what was quoted, I want to know about what we don't know.

BTW Roger if it were up to those who are making the money in this business they would be the only so called experts and we should all listen to them 100% without questioning anything. Sorry but I disagree and you are sadly mistaken.