Do Laser Combs really work? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Do Laser Combs really work?

Hi all,

I am already on propecia (8 months now) and minoxidil (a few years) and the results have been fair. I cut down my propecia dosage to .5 mg at about the 5 month mark and definitely noticed an improvement--I truly believe my prolonged shedding was due to my oversensitivity to the drug. My goal is to halt my hair loss and if I can regrow a little then why not ;-)

I have been giving laser combs some thought--can anyone attest to laser combs benefiting them? I would love to hear some feedback on this topic.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Thumbs up

Hi Phil

Here's the thing, there are many detractors to Laser Therapy and in all honesty, the arguements are pretty sound and offer compelling scientific insight. However, there are those who feel it does help. I have used the Hairmax Lasercomb for 3 years in addition to Propecia and Minoxidil. In short, I feel that as an adjunct modality, laser therapy does have some benefit in terms of hair retention and quality. If you approach it as that then it is worth considering. If you are expecting it to grow back a significant amount of hair, then you will probably be disappointed.

Let the backlash begin lol!

Quote Originally Posted by philippe View Post
    I truly believe my prolonged shedding was due to my oversensitivity to the drug.
    So many people do not understand shedding and the role it plays in treating hair loss. Shedding is associated with every treatment for hair loss that actually works. Shedding is part of the process. Shedding means the treatment is working. Stopping a treatment because of shedding is usually a mistake. If you continue treatment the shedding will stop eventually and then your hair grows back thicker than it was before.

Now that I have said that, I'll get on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by philippe View Post
    ...can anyone attest to laser combs benefiting them? I would love to hear some feedback on this topic.
    I can. I have been using the laser comb for over four years. The first six months of treating my hair loss I used only the laser comb. I did see improvement during that first six months. Everyone around me saw the improvement as well. It has continued to improved the hair I have and the hair that Minoxidil has grown back. I don't think it can make hair grow on its own though. What it does do is it increases the caliber and improves the quality of the hair that is there. This make your hair look fuller and more youthfull. This effect is more helpfull for those with difuse hair loss than those who have areas that are completely void of hair and have been that way for a long time.

So if you have bald areas that have been void of hair for a long time, I don't think the laser comb or any other form of low level laser therapy will do anything appreciable for those areas. If however your hair loss is relatively recent, it may help and I feel it is worth a try. How much it could help is unknown until you try it. It takes about four months before you will know if it is working to improve your hair. It takes longer to know the full benefit and that depends on how much hair you lost before you started treatment.

I once had a chat with a hairtransplant suregeon offering laser therapy in San Francisco. Even he said that he his highly sceptical that this helps at all. The only reason why he continued offering this is because there is so much demand.

I used HairMax for nearly two years. My hair loss was mostly on my vertex, it was only on the early stages when I started using it and bald spots weren't noticeable. I thought lasercomb might help and prevent bald spots from actually showing up and regrow my hair, but it didn't. Although at some point, it did help with hair fall. At least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ulanude View Post
    I once had a chat with a hairtransplant suregeon offering laser therapy in San Francisco. Even he said that he his highly sceptical that this helps at all. The only reason why he continued offering this is because there is so much demand.
    That's why I don't trust DRS. The guy said he believes it doesn't work, yet he continues to take peoples money. Im sorry, but that is very unethical in my opinion! "Ill take your money, but I think this treatment is garbage, and useless"! sounds like a great dude!

"Trust no One"
    Fox Mulder

lazer combs dont work

educate yourself about HST and then...

SIGN THE PETITION!

see thread:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7325

Stopping a treatment because of shedding, what are the consequences? I have stopped after 2 week of usage because shedding impacted my physiology a lot. Will my shed hair come back? For how long will I continue shedding after stopping the treatment?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by rodio View Post
    Stopping a treatment because of shedding, what are the consequences?
    Stopping a treatment because of shedding is bad. Shedding means the treatment was working. Shedding is associated with every treatment for hereditary hair loss that actually works. Shedding needs to happen. There is no way around it. It's part of the process.

I do not know what happens if you've already stopped treatment because of shedding because I didn't stop. I stuck with it and the shedding eventually stopped. The hair that shed out grew back a little thicker than it was before.

Anyone who has stopped and may provide some details? Will the shed hair come back? I make it too much stress during the shedding.