+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dr Rahal

Default Dr Rahal

Have been tipped Dr Rahal as a quality surgeon. And also looked at many posts about his work and so far so good.

Do you need to visit someone from his surgery for a consultation, do I have to go all the way to Switzerland just for a consultation? (im from UK). or do you just send them photos via the website and they simply make a decision from the photos?

Anyone know how long the waiting list is?

Please respond, thanks.

Goto to his website they have updated it recently . or try this link http://www.rahalhairtransplant.com/s...-consultation/

From personal experience I would have a look at some results of people with transplants in person. Photos are not the same thing. Talk to people who have actually had a transplant. The hair will soften after a year or more but it will never be as soft and manageable as your original hair. I dont know why whether it is scar tissue around the graft or what. See people who have similar hair characteristics as yourself with transplanted hair as this plays a major roll in the illusion of density. Dont be fooled by photos, Think about it no matter how good the surgeon is if your original density is 90 hair units per cm and you have hair transplanted at 35-40 or even 60 units in the hairline will it look the same? Have a look at a friend or family members hairline close up who has not got mpb. There is very fine soft hair stacked very close together in the hairline which makes it look natural. No matter how good a surgeon is it will never look as natural as a natural hairline. Please dont go throwing your job in and waisting the good part of a year hiding from people close to you.

Do some more research at least 3-6 months. Are you on Propecia? And have real expectations based on the above.
    And if you then have your mind made up go for it, Rahal is up there in the top 2 or 3 surgeons. I would rate him number 1.

Quote Originally Posted by doinmyheadin View Post
    Goto to his website they have updated it recently . or try this link http://www.rahalhairtransplant.com/s...-consultation/

From personal experience I would have a look at some results of people with transplants in person. Photos are not the same thing. Talk to people who have actually had a transplant. The hair will soften after a year or more but it will never be as soft and manageable as your original hair. I dont know why whether it is scar tissue around the graft or what. See people who have similar hair characteristics as yourself with transplanted hair as this plays a major roll in the illusion of density. Dont be fooled by photos, Think about it no matter how good the surgeon is if your original density is 90 hair units per cm and you have hair transplanted at 35-40 or even 60 units in the hairline will it look the same? Have a look at a friend or family members hairline close up who has not got mpb. There is very fine soft hair stacked very close together in the hairline which makes it look natural. No matter how good a surgeon is it will never look as natural as a natural hairline. Please dont go throwing your job in and waisting the good part of a year hiding from people close to you.

Do some more research at least 3-6 months. Are you on Propecia? And have real expectations based on the above.
    And if you then have your mind made up go for it, Rahal is up there in the top 2 or 3 surgeons. I would rate him number 1.
    What I have seen is good enough for me to say I am happy with people's results, I don't really think its possible to meet someone who has had a transplant and see the result for real. I understand its not going to be exactly the same as a normal head of hair but it will be 100x better than a bald head. As I have mentioned in previous posts Wayne Rooney an English footballer had his done recently at a clinic in London which is not a rated clinic for HT's and his results are amazing, if a surgeon who is not known for their transplant skills can achieve those results then what Dr Rahal should be able to achieve should be just as good or better.

I have looked into many hair restoration things for the 10 years I have been balding I do not think I need to look any longer. I do not agree with Propecia, I believe it to be a load of rubbish, if it worked no1 would be bald.

The main reason I am confident and happy to go for a hair transplant is because of Wayne Rooneys result. Just looking at his hair now proves to me that hair transplants work (I think) I still have my doubts that he's possibly quite thin up top but is chucking consealants on his head. I also don't know if it will fall out in the longer term but I don't really have time to see him progress, I am 27 and need to have it done this year really. Ideally I wish he had it done a year to 2 years ago to see how it was after that period of time then I would know for sure if it has worked.

But hey ho......I aim to get it done this year.

There are other British celebrities that have had it done and their hair looks great so from what I have seen hair transplants can truly create awesome results. Jude Law has recently been wearing hats a lot, he even wore one on a british chat show, I expect he has had something done, I guess we will find out soon. He said he wears hats to cover up a ridiculous hair style that he has for a new film - not to sure about that, hopefully he has has something done as I would love to see him have great results, that would make me go for a transplant even more if his went well.

What Rooney's hair looks like sans concealers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ransplant.html

Bear in mind he won't be 1 year post op until June. I reckon he's had about 3000 grafts by FUE and will go back for another 2000-3000 again in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    What Rooney's hair looks like sans concealers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ransplant.html

Bear in mind he won't be 1 year post op until June. I reckon he's had about 3000 grafts by FUE and will go back for another 2000-3000 again in the summer.
    really? to fill in the thinness of the implant?

I think this Daily Mail article is all a load of balls. I read it the other day.
    His hair does look thinner in some of those photos but those photos were taken whilst at least 3 camera men were constantly taking photos with their bright flashes going off so its not really a surprise it shows up thin. I watched the match against Newcastle on Wednesday and his hair did not look thin at all.- Could be using concealers but I will never know.

Since he got his transplant enquiries have gone up 60% if his hair falls out I don't think anyone in the UK will ever be interested in a hair transplant. This is a HUGE publicity thing for Hair Transplants if this goes wrong then its really going to ruin the industry in the UK.

I do want to see how his progresses before I decide to have a HT but don't have much time.

As far as I remember Rooney has not had any shock loss which is unusual isn't it? does this surprise anyone?

Do concealers work in the rain and not come off if you touch your hair?
    I ask this beacuse Rooney obviously plays in the rain and his team mates always touch his hair when he scores. I personally would hate to wear concealer.

Of course the article is full of $h!t. However those pictures are representative of his hair without concealers. He got FUE so shockloss wasn't too big a problem. In 2 days they probably managed about 3000 grafts. Another 2000 or so would beef up some of the areas; maybe the hairline and crown. After that he'd probably save the rest for further progression of hairloss.

He is 100% wearing concealers still during games. Dermmatch does not come off in the rain. You can even see that he starts the concealer almost on the top of the sides and back.

Careful FDR, You will get called a hater if your not careful

See my comments regarding recent other so called celebs and thier remarkable HT's
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Of course the article is full of $h!t. However those pictures are representative of his hair without concealers. He got FUE so shockloss wasn't too big a problem. In 2 days they probably managed about 3000 grafts. Another 2000 or so would beef up some of the areas; maybe the hairline and crown. After that he'd probably save the rest for further progression of hairloss.

He is 100% wearing concealers still during games. Dermmatch does not come off in the rain. You can even see that he starts the concealer almost on the top of the sides and back.
    Its a bit odd... the 2 photos of him in the red tie obviously taken within minutes of each other are quite different one shows his hair to be thin, the closer up one looks fine....although he looks ginger in that one, his hair does appear to change colour its gone from light brown to ginger to dark brown...I guess that is a sign of concealers or he is dying his hair. I understand you think he is using concealers but I just would not be able to be certain of that unless Rooney told me that himself.

You say you think he will have more work done in the Summer....do you think he purposely tried to get sent off against Montenegro so that he didn't go to the Euro's so he could get his hair done instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Careful FDR, You will get called a hater if your not careful

See my comments regarding recent other so called celebs and thier remarkable HT's
    So your against hair transplants? I thought you were running a consultation day in London. :S

Although his hair looks skraggy and a bit thin in some of those daily mail photos I guess it looks much better than when he was bald, possibly growing it longer and styling it well (without concealers) he might still get a more thickened look.

It such a pain in the butt just trying to know exactly what kind of result to expect when some/all celebrities are thought to wear concealers. I ideally need to actually see someone that has had its done but thats pretty much impossible. Can you send someone over (who isn't wearing concealers).

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    You say you think he will have more work done in the Summer....do you think he purposely tried to get sent off against Montenegro so that he didn't go to the Euro's so he could get his hair done instead?
    Hell no. I don't think he'd go that far. He's clearly very passionate about playing for the national side. His form suffered when they hit him with that ban. I actually forgot about the Euros. He'd still have time after the Euros to get a second pass and recover in time for the start of the new season I think.