FDA busting ALL 15% Minoxidil? Expiry dates?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BaldMike
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by bluewater
    If you ask me. And I had no idea that selling the high octane version was illegal. I gues I will get my old self some 5% and see how that goes. I have less than a half a bottle of the 15% left. How is the 5% working for you?
    Still doing 5% in the morning and 15% at night. I can defiantly see new hair growth in my hair line, hair looks thinker and I see less of it falling out in the shower, and I have been told that I have new hairs on the vertex of my scalp. So I would say pretty well. Don't get scared or discouraged if your hair starts to fall out more at first, mine did then stopped and then I started to see new hairs. And let me know if you find someone selling 15% online!

Comment

• bluewater
      • Nov 2010

I am

Treating my hairline as well. I have spent hours over the past few days looking for the 15% solution . All I have been able to find is outdated information about products that are no longer available. I will keep looking and will let you know if I find anything. I am hoping that eventually somebody fills the void.

Comment

• badhair
        • Nov 2011

Looks like Minoxidil Max is fully back. I ordered from them recently. I received my order in 10 days, which is not bad at all for an international order.
        Last edited by badhair; 05-29-2012, 10:56 PM. Reason: error

Comment

• bluewater
          • Nov 2010

Min Max

Where did you get it? I have not heard of that brand of 15% soulotion before.

Comment

• Xandroxuser
            • Dec 2011

The last thing I knew was that ************ was supplying to all but the USA. Just order through their website.

Comment

• ThinningB420
              • Apr 2012

Interesting, the first dermatologist I saw said they could mix up to 20% minoxidil for me. To me he seemed all about the $$$. He charged $425 for the consultation alone.

Comment

• JLTSKFL
                • Jul 2015

15% Minoxidil

I don't know how much trouble you want to go through, but Minoxidil is a crystalline powder dissolved in the water/alcohol solution, and it has a very high melting point and decomposition point. If one were to boil off 2/3 of the liquid, you would be left with a 15% solution.

Furthermore, just applying 3 ml would probably have the same effect.

In addition, it might be more beneficial to increase the dose to 1 ml of 5% 6 times a day vs two 1 ml applications of 15%. Only a study would say for sure.

Edit: Wait, I just read that due to solubility issues, the concentration of Minoxidil in water/ethanol without additives cannot exceed 7%. One can still apply more 5% solution at once, though.

Comment

Working...