How bad is this hairline, is it to late?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bassfunk123
    • Nov 2011

How bad is this hairline, is it to late?

Hi I'm 25. I've had a receding hairline for a few years. Am I in a good position to seek treatment?

Thanks
    Attached Files
  • howardroarke
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by bassfunk123
    Hi I'm 25. I've had a receding hairline for a few years. Am I in a good position to seek treatment?

Thanks
    Mine looked similar about 2 years ago..I am 26 now. Right now i m on finasteride for 10 months and minoxidil for 5 months.. They might have worked on my crown.. But my midscalp and the hair line continued getting thinner...I wonder if it's minoxidil thats making it thin..I will still be on the meds though for atleast an year.

So if ur thinning on crown too, then u can start using big 3 after consultation with a dermatologist.. Otherwise, may be u can wait and see if it's just a mature hairline. I am skeptical of their effectiveness on the hairline.. But again everyone is different.

Comment

• Tracy C
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by bassfunk123
      Am I in a good position to seek treatment?
      Is there some reason why you think you wouldn't be?

What are your goals?

Comment

• stratofortress
        • Oct 2011

To answer your question, sure you're in a good position for treatments.

Your loss still looks quite minor, just slow recession, right? That's a good thing as it's harder to regrow than just maintain.

Fin would be a good option for you, as it would help maintain and maybe thicken up the hair you have.

Minox could possibly help with your hairline. I bet you can cover up the recession by wearing your hair down though.

Good luck, mate.

Comment

• clandestine
          • Aug 2011

Educate yourself on side effects before committing to any treatment or combination treatments.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
            IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
            • Nov 2008

You only have slight recession of the hairline. It maybe a little higher than you would prefer but still looks strong. You should start considering some preventative treatments.
            Dr. Glenn Charles
            Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
            View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...