+ Reply to Thread

Default 25 years old, work in Tokyo as performer

Basically my hairloss has taken its toll on my social life since 22. Making me rush into all sorts of situations. I always figured that while I still had my hair, I needed to find the girl of my dreams. I needed to get a good job while I could still look fashionable and cool. rush rush rush meet girls travel world blah blah blah. It's ridiculous. You can't live comfortably when you go through it 100 miles per hour.

As luck would have it I became a DJ in tokyo, but now my hairline is getting brutal. Somewhere between norwood 2 and 3. I have been on propecia for quite a while. Almost 2 years ago I got my first prescription, but I stopped 4 months into it for no particular reason. I started again months later, then stopped for a month because I had trouble getting medication in Japan. Now I would say I've been on it consistently for about 4 months or so. I am looking forward to seeing if it actually halts my hairloss. I also use nizoral shampoo. I've given up on Rogaine, it just seems too inconsistent to bother with.

It seems like I lose most of my hair in the shower, and it's most noticeable when using a conditioner. The top-front of my hair is always rather itchy, and their is always a lot of dandruff. My father still has his hair, he even has a widow's peak. My widow's peak has all but been demolished by thinning.

Losing your hair in an asian country makes your image seem "unhealthy". It is far more depressing when girls here think I'm just some balding foreign guy who think it would be easy to sleep with some local girls. It's even sadder that I see those types of guys everyday. And lo and behold, my image is starting to match one. I've always played shows without wearing a hat, and I dread the idea of meeting a girl with a hat on, then taking it off later and watching her eyes widen as she see's she just met some balding guy. So ironic that my workplace is home to the most vain people in the world: nightclubs and bars.

In any case, I'm currently saving money for a transplant. Researching doctors. It's going to happen a year or so from now, but I'm definitely going to go for it whether my hair gets worse or not. I want my mature hairline back.

Someone who gives me hope is wolfgang gartner, an amazing producer who rocks a thin hairline. But my music isn't good enough to make up for my hair loss yet.

I hope to post pictures eventually. I got the "before" ones taken, now lets hope there's an "after".

Whatever you do get a hair transplant in the US...I know of horrible stories and lack of experience outside the US. I plan to live in tokyo at some point but i'll get my hair transplant in US for sure if i ever need it.

You need to plan out this very good. there's a section of hair transplants, u can find ppl with more experience there .

頑張って!!

Thanks!

Yes I'm definitely going to get it done either in Canada or America.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

There are some very good hair restoration physicains in Tokyo. You may want to consider just visiting one soon so they can take photos, analyze you hair loss, and keep track of any future hair loss over time. You could still have your procedure in the U.S. or Canada when you can afford it.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile