Threaded View

Default 19 Year Old, Intro and Dr. Gho

Hello everyone, im 19 years old and am new to the hairloss community, its funny isn't it when you didnt worry about hairloss you never even think about how people go bald and why.

Nevertheless since i had gotten a couple of remarks about my hair at the barbers and shedding an odd amount in the shower, i decided to starting becoming suspicious and had decided to book an appointment with the belgravia clinic (london).

If you live in london please dont be sucked in by the consumerism and visit this clinic, its one of the worst experiences i have had for hair loss, the woman was apparently a "trichologist", it looked like she had just flown in from eastern europe and couldnt speak english properly, there she tried to explain to me how hair loss happens works. Even though i allready knew i thought i would just listen to what she had to say. In conclusion it was clear from the off that these people's jobs were to depress you as much as possible so that you can cave in and feel completely dependant on them.

I left being told i had male pattern hair loss and then began the obsession, ever since then my life hasnt been the same, hours upon end researching and watching video after video of supposed treatments with many people taking advantage of vulnerable hair loss sufferers to sell their fake remedies and make a crap load of money, i dont know how these people sleep at night.

I can say that since then i have grown quite a lot as a person as every person does when facing a problem at quite a high magnitude. I ofcourse am still no where near over it and am dreading the days when it becomes visible.

Honestly, the biggest shock for me is that the treatments are so incredibly limited, is propecia, minoxidil and nizoral and saw palmetto shampoo's all there is? we live in the 21st century and i dont think people understand the devastation people go through when they are told they are losing their hair.

For a man its devastating, one cant imagine how its like for a female to experience balding.

After my days and weeks of research i have decided to give minoxidil a go, even though im contemplating my decision now as a slight brainfog and headaches has lead me to think its not worth, and i barely put half a capful everytime.

On to propecia, i have listened to crap loads of shows by spencer even though my hair loss is recent and would probably say im a NW1 or 2 (not quite sure) and have heard him render it a drug that most people do not experience side effects with. Almost every user i have seen on many different forums complains of at least mild side-effects and many have stated they have quit due to the side effects. Propecia blocks the conversion of testosterone to DHT, i have seen many doctors against Fin on forums and my GP has told me of the side-effects, there is no long-term effects studies on propecia and we dont even know all the uses of DHT in the human body. Fair enough if your taking it and its working but i haven't taken it yet and dont know how my individual system will respond to inhibition of these enzymes blocking DHT conversion and am not willing to stand any of the systemic side-effects and the chance that i could become impotent !

I currently use RegenePure and Regaine. I know there are companies working on a cure or treatment and all i can say is hurry the **** up !

Sorry if this was a bit waffly to reach my point.

It will take a long time to explain why i picked Dr. Gho, i dont even know if he will even treat me yet. But i have decided to book a consultation this month and have many questions i would like to ask him and whether he can perform a coverup task for me (diffuse thinning) over a couple of years and have seen a thread like this before as to what questions you want to ask him, after lots of research i feel as though if he is performing what he says he is, it may well be like an effective but very expensive treatment for hair loss, i am only 19 and will have to work and save and hope to help everyone deal with this goddamn annoying problem and will try and keep everyone updated.

What questions do you want me to ask him and what advice do you have for me? thanks.