+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default 19 Year Old, Intro and Dr. Gho

Hello everyone, im 19 years old and am new to the hairloss community, its funny isn't it when you didnt worry about hairloss you never even think about how people go bald and why.

Nevertheless since i had gotten a couple of remarks about my hair at the barbers and shedding an odd amount in the shower, i decided to starting becoming suspicious and had decided to book an appointment with the belgravia clinic (london).

If you live in london please dont be sucked in by the consumerism and visit this clinic, its one of the worst experiences i have had for hair loss, the woman was apparently a "trichologist", it looked like she had just flown in from eastern europe and couldnt speak english properly, there she tried to explain to me how hair loss happens works. Even though i allready knew i thought i would just listen to what she had to say. In conclusion it was clear from the off that these people's jobs were to depress you as much as possible so that you can cave in and feel completely dependant on them.

I left being told i had male pattern hair loss and then began the obsession, ever since then my life hasnt been the same, hours upon end researching and watching video after video of supposed treatments with many people taking advantage of vulnerable hair loss sufferers to sell their fake remedies and make a crap load of money, i dont know how these people sleep at night.

I can say that since then i have grown quite a lot as a person as every person does when facing a problem at quite a high magnitude. I ofcourse am still no where near over it and am dreading the days when it becomes visible.

Honestly, the biggest shock for me is that the treatments are so incredibly limited, is propecia, minoxidil and nizoral and saw palmetto shampoo's all there is? we live in the 21st century and i dont think people understand the devastation people go through when they are told they are losing their hair.

For a man its devastating, one cant imagine how its like for a female to experience balding.

After my days and weeks of research i have decided to give minoxidil a go, even though im contemplating my decision now as a slight brainfog and headaches has lead me to think its not worth, and i barely put half a capful everytime.

On to propecia, i have listened to crap loads of shows by spencer even though my hair loss is recent and would probably say im a NW1 or 2 (not quite sure) and have heard him render it a drug that most people do not experience side effects with. Almost every user i have seen on many different forums complains of at least mild side-effects and many have stated they have quit due to the side effects. Propecia blocks the conversion of testosterone to DHT, i have seen many doctors against Fin on forums and my GP has told me of the side-effects, there is no long-term effects studies on propecia and we dont even know all the uses of DHT in the human body. Fair enough if your taking it and its working but i haven't taken it yet and dont know how my individual system will respond to inhibition of these enzymes blocking DHT conversion and am not willing to stand any of the systemic side-effects and the chance that i could become impotent !

I currently use RegenePure and Regaine. I know there are companies working on a cure or treatment and all i can say is hurry the **** up !

Sorry if this was a bit waffly to reach my point.

It will take a long time to explain why i picked Dr. Gho, i dont even know if he will even treat me yet. But i have decided to book a consultation this month and have many questions i would like to ask him and whether he can perform a coverup task for me (diffuse thinning) over a couple of years and have seen a thread like this before as to what questions you want to ask him, after lots of research i feel as though if he is performing what he says he is, it may well be like an effective but very expensive treatment for hair loss, i am only 19 and will have to work and save and hope to help everyone deal with this goddamn annoying problem and will try and keep everyone updated.

What questions do you want me to ask him and what advice do you have for me? thanks.

Hi nrj. I'm glad you joined us. We share the same beliefs, although I would say I am accepting my hair loss somewhat well. Sure it botthers me, but it is not something I give much thought to since it would be in vain. For me until something better comes there is no point worrying over something you can't change. However as I mentioned I would still very much like to have a full head of hair in the future and I am willing to pay for it.

That said this forum gave me an opportunity to be a part of community that is eagerly awaiting for a new, better treatment and discuss it thoroughly.

I wish you luck with Rogaine. As for Dr. Gho it is something I wish to see, since we mostly know the answers he gives to people. I still want extensive photographic evidence with testimonials from his patients thorugh independent sources.

However I am not betting on it. Besides I placing my hopes in the future...

Hey Soge, thanks for your opinion. I genuinely try and feel like this everyday but its hard watching your hair fall out day by day and theres nothing you can do about it.

I chose this forum because it was the best, the others are way too depressing and limited, i've read alot of posts by people here and there generally doesnt seem to be much arguements or negativitiy (from that i've seen). Most people here seem to be well informed and very knowledgable on hair loss.

Inactive

nrj THANK YOu finally someone actually said whats going on :-)

You are true the other forums are actually pretty damn dangerous because there ar a lot of lets say strange people

For example there was one guy who went to Gho and he showed a donor picture with very crystal clear regenerated follicles, everyone could see this.

And guess what happened some people said "All i see are dots......" and believe me you could easily see the hairs coming again.

Another thing is, in this forum not many people have actually questions for Gho because deep inside a lot of people know this works and right now there are efforts to get a petition done for other surgeons to get this in their "mill"

But if you would post your thread at hairsite, believe me the same old questions would come up like always.

Thanks for joining this board here, this was a wise decision.

Also i am very happy that a youngster found its way into a smart position and not to dangle around and cry later because of a scar or something along the line

THIS PASSAGE IS FOR ALL THE READING SURGEONS

"You see my dear surgeons, the more and more younger patients re not willed anymore to only get a traditional A to B transplant. Keep that in mind my fellow surgeons and clinics. Maybe now is the time to visit Gho and talk about icences etc"

Even though I'm happy you chose to have an appointment with Gho, I'm not sure if hair transplants should be done at your age because your hair loss still proceeds and I think Gho probably will tell you the same unless it's obvious that you have a clear case of NW1 male pattern baldness.
    I guess an option would be taking Finasteride after a hair transplant.
    But apart from all this, you made a good choice with Gho and he will tell you what to do and what your options are since he knows a lot more about hair loss than all of us.

Hi rich, I have visited hairsite but not made an account, and i think i've even seen that thread, i also saw a thread rumouring that sneijder had an iron deficiency before surgery and that gho was opportunistic to book him in for a surgery...

Kewel - agreed, the only problem is that i dont want it to become visible to the point where people can notice it, my previous mind frame was to get back my old lower hairline and contemplated surgeons like alvi/antonio armani but first and foremost on my list is maintaining my look and donor regeneration (hope it works/looks like it does) im almost 100% sure about the 90% regeneration and will seek Gho's advice on what to do. I think a big deterrant is the price and locations available which may lead to people wanting to poke as many holes as possible in the treatment, im lucky enough to live in london and have an appointment next week. Who knows maybe i will get to have my old hairline back if i have enough procedures, hopefully by then replicel and histogen etc.. will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by nrj View Post
    Nevertheless since i had gotten a couple of remarks about my hair at the barbers and shedding an odd amount in the shower, i decided to starting becoming suspicious and had decided to book an appointment with the belgravia clinic (london).

If you live in london please dont be sucked in by the consumerism and visit this clinic, its one of the worst experiences i have had for hair loss, the woman was apparently a "trichologist", it looked like she had just flown in from eastern europe and couldnt speak english properly, there she tried to explain to me how hair loss happens works. Even though i allready knew i thought i would just listen to what she had to say. In conclusion it was clear from the off that these people's jobs were to depress you as much as possible so that you can cave in and feel completely dependant on them.

I left being told i had male pattern hair loss and then began the obsession, ever since then my life hasnt been the same, hours upon end researching and watching video after video of supposed treatments with many people taking advantage of vulnerable hair loss sufferers to sell their fake remedies and make a crap load of money, i dont know how these people sleep at night.
    I am glad that I have read this, I had exactly the same experience with them at a NW1-2.

Did a woman susan try to hard sale you into using their products? Anyway, I remember her telling me that if left untreated, I would be significantly bald in "2 years", the trichologist also dismissed the theory of a "mature hairline"...this was in 2009, my hair is extremely thick right now and I get complimented for it. Pierce brosnan/jordan knight style hairline, no thinning elseware at 26. *touch wood*

I remember when I bought their treatment they told me to put minoxidil everywhere, this raised alarm bells, because I knew this could in effect make my hair dependent on them. So I stopped after a couple of applications of minoxidil.

With that said, like you, after that experience it has caused me to become obsessed with hairloss.

yeahyeahyeah - omg dude, i dont know but that place disturbed the sh** out of me, i actually asked about the hairline thing and asked does every single person follow this pattern and become completely bald and she was reluctant to answer me and i think she said well mostly this pattern happens or something.

My dad is 65 and his hairline is way more receeded than mine and has very thin hair - very similar to mine (his is receeded a bit more on the left side than the right) when i saw his head shaved i felt a bit of hope, if thats the case i can just do a 1 time surgery and fix the hairline, do you think there's a chance? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nrj View Post
    yeahyeahyeah - omg dude, i dont know but that place disturbed the sh** out of me, i actually asked about the hairline thing and asked does every single person follow this pattern and become completely bald and she was reluctant to answer me and i think she said well mostly this pattern happens or something.

My dad is 65 and his hairline is way more receeded than mine and has very thin hair - very similar to mine (his is receeded a bit more on the left side than the right) when i saw his head shaved i felt a bit of hope, if thats the case i can just do a 1 time surgery and fix the hairline, do you think there's a chance? thanks.
    Given your age, if you are visibly thinning then that is a bad sign. Everyone I know who is developing severe hairloss, is thinning early on.

But be sure that you are actually thinning, the trichologist at the belgravia centre told me I was "thinning", despite my hair being this thick with a little whorl at the back:

Which scared the shit out of me...Ive now realised they are using hard sales tactics. (imagine if I put minox all over that mane)

If I were to be a NW6 , I probably would have started diffusing/thinning at 23-24.

Looking at old photos my hairline has roughly stayed the same. I guess the problem with hairloss is that it is unpredictable. Have you got a picture of your hairline I can see?

well, i'd say my hair is still pretty thick and the hair loss has almost stopped after a week on minoxidil (weird) my hairline hasnt receeded much at all but the shed in the showers has scared the bejeezus out of me. Do you mind checking back in a few days when my iphone is fixed (to take pics) so you can check out the hairline pics?

im 19 but as far as i can remember all the way up till the day i visited belgravia i had treated my hair terribly, i'm visiting gho next week, hopefully he can clear this up which wont require me to upload pics.

how comes you still surf this forum? are you mpb free ? why did you visit belgravia in the first place?

thanks !